• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Charlotte has passed us. Washington has passed us. Miami, lol, way ahead.

NBASupes

Washington takes a step back now?

And Miami three steps back, Charlotte just lost out on Hayward; they signed Marvin Williams instead. Looks like the Bulls are going to lose out on Melo. I am not seeing a whole lot of improvement in the East. 

And Miami three steps back, Charlotte just lost out on Hayward; they signed Marvin Williams instead. Looks like the Bulls are going to lose out on Melo. I am not seeing a whole lot of improvement in the East. 

Not unless Rose returns to form.

I can't see Wade holding up as a first option now.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Not unless Rose returns to form.

I can't see Wade holding up as a first option now.

I think it will be Cavs with Bron and Bulls with Rose. 3rd is ours to take from Indy...

Well fart in a box... Hard to believe I'm saying this but Washington's going to have a pretty decent squad. How'd that happen? Man, times are a-changing.

Pierce gives them that go to guy in the final possessions during the playoffs. Much needed for a young backcourt. Wiz are SE division favorites.

• Like 1

Pierce gives them that go to guy in the final possessions during the playoffs. Much needed for a young backcourt. Wiz are SE division favorites.

Ariza is better than Pierce in his advanced age. Washington took a step back. Right now, I'd peg us as favorites to win the division.
  • Like 1

Well fart in a box... Hard to believe I'm saying this but Washington's going to have a pretty decent squad. How'd that happen? Man, times are a-changing.

That got themselves into the lottery and hit on Wall and Beal so they added quality depth players around them while they developed.  Kind of like we've done except without going to the lottery and getting some real talent to be the driving force of the team.  Must be nice...

Ariza is better than Pierce in his advanced age. Washington took a step back. Right now, I'd peg us as favorites to win the division.

We don't even have a starting SF or backup C though(or even a real starting center).  How can we be the favorites?

Serious question: why keep posting threads like this? I don't know what realistically we can do in terms of trying to get a superstar at this point other than offering most of the team for a guy like Love. It isn't like the team we have now is horrible.

Agree

• Premium Member

Looks like they are getting Pierce, so.......

Even though they are a division "rival" I have always had a hard time disliking the Wizards. It probably has a lot to do with how bad they have been in years past.

Signing Pierce will make it extremely easy for me to hate that team. 

That got themselves into the lottery and hit on Wall and Beal so they added quality depth players around them while they developed. Kind of like we've done except without going to the lottery and getting some real talent to be the driving force of the team. Must be nice...

I guess Al was acquired as the 11th man from the Timberwolves or something.

Washington were better than us last year.  They're probably going to be better this year.  They've gone out and made some really smart trades to go with some hits in the lottery (along with the failures there) and have put together a nice squad. 

Charlotte could very well be better than us this year as well. Especially if they get Lance and don't get any bigger name players. 

And Miami with 50 million to spend who knows what that squad will end up looking like. 

Washington were better than us last year.  They're probably going to be better this year.  They've gone out and made some really smart trades to go with some hits in the lottery (along with the failures there) and have put together a nice squad. 

Charlotte could very well be better than us this year as well. Especially if they get Lance and don't get any bigger name players. 

And Miami with 50 million to spend who knows what that squad will end up looking like. 

Washington was a 44 win team last year on the back of their veteran acquisitions.  John Wall took a step back in a few areas and some day I hope Beal actually becomes half as good as everyone seems to think he already is, he's going to have to become more than a sweet stroke and actually produce efficiently.  They lost their second best performer ( I say performer because I doubt Ariza would keep up the contract year production) and replaced him with a worse and much older player who Jason Kidd had to play at PF to hide him on D and make him effective on O.

Charlotte lost one of the underrated reasons behind Jefferson's career year in Josh McRoberts and are now counting on Marvin and rookie Vonleh to fill that role as a consistent stretch 4.  They have potential on the free agent market but haven't yet risen on the lists of impact guys out there.

Miami's 50 mil isn't really impressive if they are spending it all on resigning their old team with Luol Deng in place of Lebron.  Bosh has locked himself into Toronto south because if Wade has to sit out 30 games because of his knees while on a championship squad what will he do now that they aren't even slotted as contenders?

Anywhoooooo, you've missed the whole point behind this bump.  I've earned the right to molest a fellow member's avatar after they failed to secure their client a $10-12 million contract like they so boisterously claimed they easily could.

More to come on my actual choice sun_bespectacled.gif

• Like 2

Washington was a 44 win team last year on the back of their veteran acquisitions.  John Wall took a step back in a few areas and some day I hope Beal actually becomes half as good as everyone seems to think he already is, he's going to have to become more than a sweet stroke and actually produce efficiently.  They lost their second best performer ( I say performer because I doubt Ariza would keep up the contract year production) and replaced him with a worse and much older player who Jason Kidd had to play at PF to hide him on D and make him effective on O.

Charlotte lost one of the underrated reasons behind Jefferson's career year in Josh McRoberts and are now counting on Marvin and rookie Vonleh to fill that role as a consistent stretch 4.  They have potential on the free agent market but haven't yet risen on the lists of impact guys out there.

Miami's 50 mil isn't really impressive if they are spending it all on resigning their old team with Luol Deng in place of Lebron.  Bosh has locked himself into Toronto south because if Wade has to sit out 30 games because of his knees while on a championship squad what will he do now that they aren't even slotted as contenders?

Anywhoooooo, you've missed the whole point behind this bump.  I've earned the right to molest a fellow member's avatar after they failed to secure their client a $10-12 million contract like they so boisterously claimed they easily could.

More to come on my actual choice sun_bespectacled.gif

I dunno I guess I did miss whatever your point was. Old thread and didn't feel like going back and reading through it. 

But Washington are and were a better team than us.  They're very well rounded and have good size and skill in the lineup. 

Well @AHF was the official scorekeeper but I imagine he's busy off fighting to get nonagenarians off the hook in traffic court as his weekend pro bono (or would that be pro oh no?) work. Recap for our overworked administrator in chief:

@MaceCase

@

First, both of you are starting to cross the line into hostile / moderator needed level sniping.  Stop with the personal comments.

Second, this situation calls for a bet, IMO.

What do you think of this:

Over/Under Ariza 10M salary for 2014-15

@ wins the bet if Ariza is getting 10M or higher next season.

@MaceCase wins if Ariza is getting less than 10M.

Winner gets to pick the other person's avatar for any month between the date Ariza signs to as late as November 2014.  For example, Ariza signs for $11M on July 14.  supes then says he wants to pick Mace's avatar for the month of August.  As always, avatars remain subject to rejection by site moderation if they are profane, racially insensitive, etc.  but have at it otherwise:

mavslogo_mlp2.jpg