• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry has been great but he drafted poorly last season

LastDon

We past on 2 first team all rookies in Plumlee and Hardaway Jr. I wouldn't be surprised if we draft another point guard this season..Passing over GR3 or Rodney Hood will be a huge mistake this season..it's sad that casual sports fans have better eyes for talent than guys like Billy Knight and Danny Ferry. .I knew both Plumlee and Hardaway were goin to be good players..smh

• Like 2

I expect big things from us next season but We need to get the draft right this season! Bebe might turn out to be good but I don't think he will be a better pro than Mason Plumlee. .

I can't really fault Ferry for not drafting a guard because John Jenkins can play but Bud didn't give him a chance. .We went with shelvin mack, cartier, and Schröder over John.If Bud Free John Jenkins and we draft a big athletic wing this team could be really deep. .

It's so many quality wings in this draft that the only way ferry can screw this up is by drafting for the wrong position. ..

1. Bebe and Dennis were top 10 prospects in last year's draft. They were the top international talent in the draft.

2. We were going for the Horf/Dwight/CP3 trifecta (trying to save cap room)

3. Players have "potential" (can be flipped for a team trying to rebuild)

I like both players maybe Ferry was playing chess because with Plumlee and Hardaway their is no way we have the 15th pick..15 is a good pick in a wing heavy draft. . We can't go wrong wit either Hood,McDermott, GR3, James Young. .

Bebe and Dennis are much better picks. Bebe can actually play great defense, move without the ball, and score around the rim. He doesn't have fumble hands like Plumlee. THJ isn't a good player. He plays little defense. His upside ain't all that. He is what he is. Dennis and Bebe are raw but their potential is ample. Ferry did good drafting in 2013.

• Like 4

I'm sort of OK with the Dennis/Bebe draft...we wasted those picks (but we ARE the Hawks so what's new?)...maybe that failure will get the "Euro" thing out of their systems for awhile.

The draft is just a portion of what you do in the off-season and DF/Bud got rid of Smoove and got us Millsap and DMC.

Bottom line is - we need to get a quality guy at #15 this year (hopefully a wing) and quit with the foreigners for awhile.

P.S....who knows...maybe drafting Dennis lit a bit of a fire under Jeff Teague, and Mack may improve more next year (young-strong NBA body).

Edited by DJlaysitup

You ca't really judge late picks or any picks in most cases a bust for two or three seasons. Larry Sanders 15th and John Henson 14th are really good examples right off the top of my head.

Edited by Buzzard

What has John Jenkins done to make him a good pick?

we should have drafted someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenkins could be a good player. That back injury last year hurt him. I will wait till summer league to judge.

• Premium Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_All-Rookie_Team

For almost any given year, I can look at the first five and, of those, see only one or two who actually turned out what I consider to be a long-term viable star.

The first 82 games are simply too small of a data set from which to draw any solid conclusions about most players, whether positive or negative.

I don't see how you can judge either draft yet.

Jenkins had a good rookie year for player selected in the 20's. He should fit perfectly in Coach Bud's system when healthy. The back surgery made him miss year 2. Any reasonable person would grade that as an incomplete.

Schröder was drafted as a 19 year old PG. Grading him after one season is simply "dumb"...............for lack of a better word.

BeBe played in Spain last year and was only 20 year old. Grading him before he has played an NBA game is simply "dumb"........for lack of a better word.

Exactly