• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Annoying Teague fandom (along with an old rumor of shopping him)

NBASupes

Dolfan23 update - well shit sorry guys didn't see this was an old article supes was posting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1964497-atlanta-hawks-reportedly-shopping-jeff-teague-aggresively-in-trade-talks

The Atlanta Hawks weren't ready to see Jeff Teague leave last summer.

Less than 12 months later, they reportedly can't push him out the door fast enough.

"Sources confirmed that Atlanta is...aggressively shopping young point guard Jeff Teague," according to Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun.

The 25-year-old inked a four-year, $32 million offer sheet with the Milwaukee Bucks over the offseason but the Hawks ultimately decided to match.

Atlanta general manager Danny Ferry looked like a genius early on as Teague looked every part of a rising star.

Alongside two-time All-Star Al Horford, Teague shined as a secondary force, posting 16.8 points on 42.1 percent shooting and 8.2 assists over his first 29 games.

Since Horford went down with a torn pectoral muscle, though, a surge of buyer's remorse has apparently overtaken the executive. Over his last 20 games, Teague is down to 14.0 points on 39.8 percent shooting and just 5.8 assists.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein has reported that the New York Knicks have interest in Teague, but there are several hang-ups in a potential swap:

The Knicks are painfully short on assets, making it hard to imagine they'll form a package deemed worthy by the forward-thinking Ferry.

The problem for Atlanta, though, is that the point guard market is light on buyers and potentially saturated with sellers.

The Toronto Raptors (Kyle Lowry) and Boston Celtics (Rajon Rondo) each have a more desirable floor general to move should they embrace the trading spirit.

It's tough to figure out what exactly Ferry will look to bring back in return. Outside of draft picks, of course, which no one seems in a rush to part with given the glowing reviews of the 2014 draft class.

With Horford and first-time All-Star Paul Millsap, the Hawks could have their frontcourt of the present and the future. This isn't a particularly young team, though, and Atlanta's ceiling may not rise high enough to make significant noise in the top-heavy Eastern Conference.

If the Hawks don't have a present worth saving, this could be Atlanta's chance to end a relationship that has appeared, at times, tenuous.

The slow pace of his negotiations in free agency reportedly didn't sit well with him last summer, via Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. While he ultimately matched the deal, Ferry "is not in love" with Teague's contract, sources told Grantland's Zach Lowe.

In other words, those roadblocks may not be as detrimental as they seem.

If there's a worthwhile deal out there, Ferry's likely to come across it in his frantic search. If Teague takes this news as another slight from Atlanta, he may be more than willing to decline his right of refusal.

The Hawks won't give him away, but he can be had at the right price. Considering the upside he still possesses, this could be a great buy-low investment for any team in the point guard market.

nbasupes40retired comments

A. He is probably the only Hawks who's been shopped consistenly. Sap rarely offered. Horford only offered for players like Love who have high value during the time of the offer and haven't offered him recently for Love, top 3 picks who are tier 1(elite) prospects and that's it. Teague's been on the market since day 1 and they weren't even that willing to sign him. Luckily, Milwaukee gave him a good deal for us to match. I keep seeing, OMG, that's new if the Hawks want to trade Jeff? No it's not, it's normal. He's not a true PG and he's not a gamechanger anyway. He's a good player in a role he doesn't fit.

B. GTFOH with the Westbrook and Deron mentions. Those guys are proven studs at one point and Westbrook still is. Jeff is a solid PG and a good player. Nothing more, nothing less.

C. What about his potential? What about his potential. He doesn't have much. He is basically the same player with a few new tricks to his game. He's not a PG like normal and he's a good scorer. Not a good passer and not good off the ball. He wouldn't fit with a Lebron and he doesn't fit with Horford. His ass is replacable. Get him the f*** out of dodge! Whoever gets Jeff will love him as a stud 6th man. He can shine his ass off in that role.

Edited by Dolfan23
Updated topic to fit with the link you posted so that people would actually read this and see the fairly important rumor

Shiiiiit, send his ass to Golden State for the 14th pick/TPE and draft Dario Saric and stash his ass in Europe when they get Kevin Love and that pick from Minny.

Get in a three team trade with Minny and Golden State. 14th pick and that TPE is a good haul for Jeffery and that gives us a good stash prospect in Saric and a TPE for we can use for 365 days before it expires.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Whats wrong with being a "good player" when your not on a maximum contract? Teague is a nice piece to have in your starting line-up when you also have others taking a similar or more load.

I dont think a Melo or Lebron would be anxious to join a team that has Schröder running the PG. Schröder is very talented but not ready.

I think Lebron had enough of Cole/Chalmbers and Melo enough of Felton. I think Teague has some attraction-power in free agency.

Whats wrong with being a "good player" when your not on a maximum contract? Teague is a nice piece to have in your starting line-up when you also have others taking a similar or more load.

I dont think a Melo or Lebron would be anxious to join a team that has Schröder running the PG. Schröder is very talented but not ready.

I think Lebron had enough of Cole/Chalmbers and Melo enough of Felton. I think Teague has some attraction-power in free agency.

We could draft Shabazz Napier at 15. Much cheaper and would fit Coach Bud system and Lebron.

We could draft Shabazz Napier at 15. Much cheaper and would fit Coach Bud system and Lebron.

Giving up on Dennis already?? Tisk tisk

You jump ship quicker then Lebron

Giving up on Dennis already?? Tisk tisk

You jump ship quicker then Lebron

Dennis is numero uno bro but he wasn't ready last year and you don't want to take any chances. Napier is the most NBA ready PG and is a great fit next to Lebron who can run an offense.

Good God man. You're ready to trade Teague away for an unproven college PG in hopes that he fits LeBron better and makes him want to come here? How does that even sound right in your head? He averaged 17 points, and 7 assists last year. How is an unproven PG going to be able to come even close to that? Teague is?

• Like 3

Good God man. You're ready to trade Teague away for an unproven college PG in hopes that he fits LeBron better and makes him want to come here? How does that even sound right in your head? He averaged 17 points, and 7 assists last year. How is an unproven PG going to be able to come even close to that? Teague is?

Not the biggest Jeffrey supporter but that trade sounds insane even to me.. smh

Good God man. You're ready to trade Teague away for an unproven college PG in hopes that he fits LeBron better and makes him want to come here? How does that even sound right in your head? He averaged 17 points, and 7 assists last year.

Well yeah...

How is an unproven PG going to be able to come even close to that? Teague is?

We don't need him to be as productive as Jeff. We just need him to play a role as well as Dennis regardless if Lebron is here or not.

You sure?

I am 100% sure that trade will never happen. We would be left with no PG if it did. Dennis is certainly not ready. Mack is good off the bench, but you can't rely on him to start. Good luck convincing Lebron to come to ATL by trading Teague away for a rookie.

I am 100% sure that trade will never happen. We would be left with no PG if it did. Dennis is certainly not ready. Mack is good off the bench, but you can't rely on him to start. Good luck convincing Lebron to come to ATL by trading Teague away for a rookie.

Are you sure? Because they been shopping him since December?

Are you sure? Because they been shopping him since December?

Not sure why you're so quick to trade Teague. He gives you good production for 8 mil, and managed to elevate his level of play come the playoffs. We don't need to create room for both Melo and Lebron, only one will do. Gutting the team just to make room for the both of them is not the answer.

• Moderators

I sometimes go back and forth with some Teague fans on this site that I think have unrealistic appraisals of what he has actually accomplished but I have to say, Supes, I disagree with your assessments on this thread of:

(1) How much Ferry wants to get rid of Teague -- I don't think he is just looking to dump him or that he is red circled for a speedy departure.

(2) How likely it is that we sign Lebron -- I think that is so far fetched that you don't jetison talent for the opportunity to clear space for Lebron.

(3) How much Teague is worth to us -- I think he is clearly worth more than the #14 pick in this draft.

Answer this Supes. Why did you have to go all the way back to February to find a report of a possible Teague trade if we are so eager to trade him now?

I would think that it would be easy to find a current article if Ferry was eager to dump Teague. Teague will be here for at least one more year.

Edited by JETSET