• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks sign Thabo Sefolosha to a 3 years $12 million contract

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member

I now have the first Hawk I will be trading in NBA 2k15 on my PS4. For so many years it was Marvin Super Bust Williams out the door as soon as Sothron started a franchise. Then the last two years it was Jeff Teague. Now? Wow. Welcome to wherever I can find a team dumb enough to take that contract...other than Atlanta.

• Like 1

Im not upset by the signing. I shall wait til the season starts and see what Bud can do with him. Sometimes the "system" can help a player delcine or improve. I shall wait until Christmas to cast judgement

• Like 2

Am I the only person here who loves this deal? Thabo is a player I've always wanted on the Hawks ever since he was a Chicago Bull. I love him defensively. He is definitely a Ferry/Bud guy!

I love this signing! Stick him on the opponents best wing player.

Affordable 6'7/225 high BBIQ 3-n-D guy from a team with a winning culture who can play the 2 and 3. Everyone's shooting improves in the Hawks system under Bud. Shot 44% from deep in '12, 42% in '13. If he can get back to or exceed that under Bud, and give us DMC level D, this is a decent signing.

• Like 2

Can we merge the two threads so we don't have to keep checking each other?

I'll be on board with this move if a trade is on the horizon or something but if standing pat, HATE it.

id like to say i was first to report on here.
  • Like 1

I'm keeping my conclusion on hold until DF's plan gets worked out. IF this is the only FA signing, then yuck. IF this is part of a larger deal (which might involve moving DMC and others to get that elusive upper echelon FA signing), then I love.

Let's not over react on every move and announcement of FA period. There are several things going on under the radar I believe.

Go Hawks!

Edited by enrique
  • Like 1

Affordable 6'7/225 high BBIQ 3-n-D guy from a team with a winning culture who can play the 2 and 3. Everyone's shooting improves in the Hawks system under Bud. Shot 44% from deep in '12, 42% in '13. If he can get back to or exceed that under Bud, and give us DMC level D, this is a decent signing.

Thank you.

These guys here are hilarious. Only fans I know that if we get Lebron, we would lose fans lol. Hawk fans are always upset.

• Like 4

I'm keeping my conclusion on hold until DF's plan gets worked out. IF this is the only FA signing, then yuck. IF this is part of a larger deal (which might involve moving DMC and others to get that elusive upper echelon FA signing), then I love.

Let's not over react on every move and announcement of FA period. There are several things going on under the radar I believe.

Go Hawks!

Agreed if I judged a cake by its first three ingredients I'd be missing out

• Like 2

Thabo's game was built for the Spurs system.

exactly. Grief these guys up here disappointed in everything. Ferry hasnt let us down yet.

I now have the first Hawk I will be trading in NBA 2k15 on my PS4. For so many years it was Marvin Super Bust Williams out the door as soon as Sothron started a franchise. Then the last two years it was Jeff Teague. Now? Wow. Welcome to wherever I can find a team dumb enough to take that contract...other than Atlanta.

Did you see the Jodie Meeks Ben Gordon deals brother?

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Freakin Ben Gordon who sat in his house all year last year got 4 million and he can't even play D.

Went to far on the Speedy reference Soth. An Ariza deal would of been comparable to Speedy IMO. There is no doubt in my mind Bud will get Thabo's shot back (look what he did with DMC). 3D players are ridiculously overpaid. I hate the amount of years more than anything.

And just like Ben Gordon people jump in a time machine and ignore the most recent season. Thabo was so bad a team desperate for ANYONE besides Durant/Westbrook to step up not only took him out of the starting lineup but out of the rotation completely. That is when a team officially gives up on you. They made zero effort to bring him back because they saw first hand how bad he was.

Our jumping in there to give him a contract like that is just insane. I mean flat out insane. This is a guy that would be lucky to even BE in the NBA next year when his whole rep as "3 and D" was destroyed because he gave no 3 OR D. This is a guy if we gave a DMC deal to I would at least somewhat understand it. But that many years? for that much each year? God no.

3 years/12million is an awesome deal. A steal! I love Thabo. Always wanted him on Hawks since he was a Bull. He's gonna thrive. With him and DMC, we are turning into a defensive shutdown type team. Love love love this signing!