Merged: Hawks sign Thabo Sefolosha to a 3 years $12 million contract

GrimeyKidd

Weird - he's 6'5 215, according to basketball-reference.com and 6'7 205 according to DraftXpress and 6'7 222 according to ESPN and NBA.com

So really he is 6'6 and 214.

• Like 1

I am just trying to quote the tweet about Thabo having a big smile on his face.

Heck I'd be smiling too.  Get benched in the playoffs and coming off my worst season in the NBA and a team wants to throw 4 million dollars at me each year.

Another solid move by Ferry - not sure why people are mad. We got a good defender who can hit the open 3pt - he is a better replacement than Cartier Martin, and will likely mean that DMC will be traded.

• Like 1

Can we just please get a wing player that can handle the ball? Im fine with Thabo, but all of our wings are spot up shooters. I thought we all wanted a secondary ball handler that could get his own shot? 

I wonder if this guy has a facebook or twitter... I'd like to welcome him to the team.

Yeah he has a Twitter account. 

• Like 2

Another solid move by Ferry - not sure why people are mad. We got a good defender who can hit the open 3pt - he is a better replacement than Cartier Martin, and will likely mean that DMC will be traded.

Like someone else said, if this had been the 3rd or 4th move of the offseason it probably wouldn't garner as much venom.

I wonder if this guy has a facebook or twitter... I'd like to welcome him to the team.

Yes he has twitter.  

@BluntSwissArmyKnife

• Like 1

Yes he has twitter.  

@BluntSwissArmyKnife

Because he can do a lot of things badly.

Edited by Alex

I'm convinced that some of ya'll wouldn't be happy until DF found a way to bring the entire eastern conference all star team to come here.

And even then some of ya'll would complain about him not being able to bring the western conference team too.

• Like 3

Can we just please get a wing player that can handle the ball? Im fine with Thabo, but all of our wings are spot up shooters. I thought we all wanted a secondary ball handler that could get his own shot? 

Told y'all that's not what Ferry and Bud want for this team.  They don't want ball stoppers. They want guys who fit the system, move without the ball, are unselfish passers and will give up a good shot to get a great shot for their teammates.

Now the Hawks may make me look silly by going out and getting one of those types of guys but I don't see it. We just need more people who are good at this system and fit in well with it. Depth is what killed us last year, not a failure of the system.

• Like 2

Good solid signing! He's a role player who fits our system by playing defense and nailing the 3 ball. Yeah it's not LeBron James to the Hawks by my goodness there are toooooooooooo many crybabies in here! Atlanta sports fans are always constantly crying about acquisitions or something else. 

I like this deal a lot! 

• Like 3

i didn't do any backflips when i saw this but it's not a terrible signing.

gotta remember the guy was on a team with ball stoppers. that kills chemistry and is death knell for role players. we 4mil per isn't cheap for his recent production but it is far and away a salary that can turn into an excellent value with any production. without a doubt i think he's capable of out producing lou williams and he was owed more.

not a bad signing.

• Like 1

Told y'all that's not what Ferry and Bud want for this team.  They don't want ball stoppers. They want guys who fit the system, move without the ball, are unselfish passers and will give up a good shot to get a great shot for their teammates.

Now the Hawks may make me look silly by going out and getting one of those types of guys but I don't see it. We just need more people who are good at this system and fit in well with it. Depth is what killed us last year, not a failure of the system.

I understand all that but if were talking about the "Spurs system", they have a few secondary ball handlers that aren't ball stoppers. Im not talking about a Melo type player. I mean like a Ginobli or a Kawhi. Of course I know we can't get those caliber of players willy nilly, but Im sure Bud wouldn't mind having another player that can get to the hole when our team isn't hitting their shots. 

Unless we plan on running 2 PG looks a lot, I don't see any guys on the roster right now that are capable of that. 

• Like 1

I am just trying to quote the tweet about Thabo having a big smile on his face.

Heck I'd be smiling too.  Get benched in the playoffs and coming off my worst season in the NBA and a team wants to throw 4 million dollars at me each year.

In Buds system this guy will play well. OKC with Durant and Westbrook  plays a double Iso offense - Thabo will be good in ATL

• Like 1

Ill take a starter on a top western conference team like okc any day of the week. Somebody had to be the glue for the team when Russell was hoisting up bad shots and KD was off, welcome to the ATL Thabo!