• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What so wrong with Ariza?

Diesel

Nobody mentions him much?  I've probably posted about him 50 times and there's probably 500 posts in various threads about him over the past month.  The question with Ariza are whether or not last season was a fluke as a result of being in a contract year or not plus what's he looking for salary wise and is he serious about possibly leaving Washington. 

Edit - Okay looks like only 200 posts in the last month mentioning Ariza and only 39 where I mention him.

Yeah nobody has talked about him lol

• Like 4

• Premium Member

He wants 10-11 mill.

I think we can get him for 10 or slightly lower.

He's looking for Job Security and while he doesn't have the across the board numbers that Deng has (consistency), he has shown that he can do it.

He's looking for Job Security and while he doesn't have the across the board numbers that Deng has (consistency), he has shown that he can do it.

There's nothing wrong with Ariza's consistency. He's just not as well rounded on offense and has a lower usage. 

He was considered a poor man's Thabo a year ago.

• Premium Member

Nobody mentions him much?  I've probably posted about him 50 times and there's probably 500 posts in various threads about him over the past month.  The question with Ariza are whether or not last season was a fluke as a result of being in a contract year or not plus what's he looking for salary wise and is he serious about possibly leaving Washington. 

Edit - Okay looks like only 200 posts in the last month mentioning Ariza and only 39 where I mention him.

How many post about him since July 1?

I've seen more mentions of Parsons and Hayward and Balzmore than Ariza.

How many post about him since July 1?

I've seen more mentions of Parsons and Hayward and Balzmore than Ariza.

Since then people have been focused on guys the Hawks have been linked to. And it's only a 4 day period not exactly much of a time frame.

Deng averages 16 ppg for his career, Ariza career high in scoring is 14.9....

Go look up their career shooting %'s as well as career usage #'s.

• Premium Member

Deng averages 16 ppg for his career, Ariza career high in scoring is 14.9....

Well, Ariza has started roughly 50% of the games he's played in and he has averaged about 26.9 mpg.  Whereas Deng has started 93% of his games and has averaged 35.8 mpg.

• Like 1

Since then people have been focused on guys the Hawks have been linked to. And it's only a 4 day period not exactly much of a time frame.

Go look up their career shooting %'s as well as career usage #'s.

Ariza also has years where he struggles to shoot 40%. I'm not saying that I would not offer him a deal, but he surely hasn't been dependable over the course of his career.

Ariza also has years where he struggles to shoot 40%. I'm not saying that I would not offer him a deal, but he surely hasn't been dependable over the course of his career.

You're right he used to be a very poor shooter but at least his 3pt shot has gotten steadily better while Deng is getting worse.

Nobody mentions him much? I've probably posted about him 50 times and there's probably 500 posts in various threads about him over the past month. The question with Ariza are whether or not last season was a fluke as a result of being in a contract year or not plus what's he looking for salary wise and is he serious about possibly leaving Washington.

Edit - Okay looks like only 200 posts in the last month mentioning Ariza and only 39 where I mention him.

I've never even heard of Trevor Ariza until this thread. Glory glory hallelujah .........if it hadnt been for Diesel opening my eyes with yet another meaningless thread. I mean he could have just added a reply on another thread but thank God he opened a much needed new thread...GLORY HALLELUJAH !!!!! PRAISE THA LORD!!!! Edited by Spud2Nique

• Premium Member

Ariza is not Deng without the press. He just isn't that impressive when you watch him play.

Ariza isnt as talented as Deng. period. Thats why he hasnt had as many minutes, hasnt got as much pub, because he hadnt seserved more minutes or pub.

• Like 1

Ariza isnt as talented as Deng. period. Thats why he hasnt had as many minutes, hasnt got as much pub, because he hadnt seserved more minutes or pub.

Is that so? Ariza has averaged the same # of his minutes for his career as Manu so I'm pretty happy with that amount of minutes for him. 

People can deny it all they want but Deng has been driven like a rental car and he's breaking down. If that's what you're into then that's totally cool.  For me I prefer someone who's been taken care of nicely and will treat their next team well.