• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks re-engaged on Deng [Updated: Signs with Heat 2 yrs 20 million]

GameTime

Rim Protector is definitely true. But he has averaged 10.3 RPG in 36min over his career and he is only going to get better. He also has a post game that we haven't had in a while. Something we need. 

If the Heat can win titles with Bosh playing center, I think we can get by with Monroe.

Theres no guarantee Monroe will be a whole lot better than he is. Our weakest areas are rebounding and defense. If we get another big, at least he should be an improvement in those areas. Thats why I thought Gasol would have been a difference maker with this team.

And Ariza signed for only 8 mil a year... mmmmkay. He took the gamble of trading our first last year to clear cap space and if its only to get Thabo and Bazemore two role players is a failure. It may not be his fault but its still a failure. I wonder if he tries to trade or what but its another 2nd round ceiling at best

Maybe he didn't think Ariza was worth 8 million. MANY people here questioned whether his stats were once again contract year stats. I like Ariza but don't act like he was a must sign. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think you're looking at it wrong. These days I often find myself telling people, "Buying something you don't really want is a waste of money." None of us know how the Hawks rated Bebe. Or Lou for that matter, but especially Bebe. If the Hawks genuinely believe Edy is a better prospect than Bebe, parting ways is the right decision. And if Coach Bud told Ferry that Lou wasn't doing it for him, who are we to say getting rid of him was a bad call?

Uh....no. You don't trade away first round picks plus a guy whose contact is going to expire in one year for literally nothing. Ferry HAS TO make use of that cap space THIS season in some fashion or he literally pissed a first round pick away for nothing.

Edited by Sothron
  • Like 2

Uh....no. You don't trade away first round picks plus a guy whose contact is going to expire in one year for literally nothing. Ferry HAS TO make use of that cap space THIS season in some fashion or he literally pissed a first round pick away for nothing.

I totally agree with this.  And you know I don't like agreeing with you! 

• Like 1

Ariza is just a contract player. He fleeced the rockets again because they blew their chance at Bosh and didnt want to give Parsons 15 million. Didnt they give him the same contract 4 years ago?

• Like 4

Personally, id rather keep it. We continue to improve as a team while maintaining flexibility like the Rockets did before they got antsy and signed Lin and Asik to bad contracts.
  • Like 1

Personally, id rather keep it. We continue to improve as a team while maintaining flexibility like the Rockets did before they got antsy and signed Lin and Asik to bad contracts.

Lin and Asik aren't bad contracts when you get out of their bad years.  Rockets made brilliant moves with those guys. 

• Premium Member

I agree. I fully understand that they might have wanted to move on from Bebe, but the entire point of that trade was for flexibility this off-season. There is still time left but we seem to be striking out on most of our targets.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We are all down right now but has happened has happened and we gotta move on. I'm so aggravated I might go on a whim and sign Stevenson because we have to use the cap space.

There is Evan Turner out there but Minny is hard after him now.

• Premium Member

You guys all seem to assume the only benefit of the trade is financial flexibility. Did Bud and Ferry give you this info themselves? Or are y'all just assuming the truth of what you think to be obvious?

People are assuming. I've said this several times, but here goes:

There's still the option of trades. I'm not convinced the gap between Deng and Jeff Green is that big, for example.

Edited by mrhonline

People are assuming. I've said this several times, but here goes:

There's still the option of trades. I'm not convinced the gap between Deng and Jeff Green is that big, for example.

Hmm Jeff Green is an intriguing idea.. The only thing I remember hearing from Celtic fans is he is very inconsistent from game to game