• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

C-Viv says no major signing for the Hawks

Vol4ever

Maybe he just doesn't want to log heavy minutes at center (which he would have been sure to do in Atlanta).

How do you figure? Horford would still be playing center just like Noah will be in Chicago. We still have Milsap last time I checked who is entrenched at PF. Gasol would play both PF and C minutes in both places.

It's the truth it's obvious you just don't want to accept it. Gasol never considered us period. You honestly believe the length of the contract would be what stopped Ferry from signing Gasol if he actually had interest? Please.

No I'm not questioning whether Gasol considered us. It's this where you're trying to pass it off as fact when it's just your opinion.

Years had nothing to do with it. We would of gave him 2 or 3 yrs.

How do you figure? Horford would still be playing center just like Noah will be in Chicago. We still have Milsap last time I checked who is entrenched at PF. Gasol would play both PF and C minutes in both places.

So not only do you know for a fact things going on in Ferry's head but you also can predict the future in alternate universes? That's amazing!

• Like 1

well if we offered 2 years 22 mil ( reported 11 mil a year offer from us ) and he turned it down for 3 years 22mil than its safe to say he never considered us. If thats the case than screw him.

This is two years in a row Ferry has struck out in free agency. Millsap is a nice player but he makes this team mediocre which in the NBA is the worst position to be at...

We are gonna have to give up something to get something. I think Ferry starts to get an itchy finger at the deadline if nothing happens this offseason.

• Like 1

i am trying to figure out why people saying that Ferry strike out in FA?  There is more than one way to bring in talent, besides FA.  Sure the Draft did not pan out but you can tell that if you can't bring stars then you make your own and keep them.  

I don't think that anybody from this FA class except for a handful would have made a difference for us.  I believe that with development of talent and these other clubs will be playing salary games.  We can be buyers, sellers, tankers, and contenders while other clubs have to be one or the others.

No I'm not questioning whether Gasol considered us. It's this where you're trying to pass it off as fact when it's just your opinion.

Lol. I never said it was fact it's just my opinion like everyone else on this board spews out. It's common sense though I would think years on a contract with a 36yr old Gasol wasn't the deciding factor on choosing hawks or bulls. Ferry offered him 11mil per yr and no way he would not of done at least 2yrs.

i am trying to figure out why people saying that Ferry strike out in FA?  There is more than one way to bring in talent, besides FA.  Sure the Draft did not pan out but you can tell that if you can't bring stars then you make your own and keep them.

I don't think that anybody from this FA class except for a handful would have made a difference for us.  I believe that with development of talent and these other clubs will be playing salary games.  We can be buyers, sellers, tankers, and contenders while other clubs have to be one or the others.

We already traded last year's 1st to 'strike out' in free agency.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

How are we supposed to make a big trade when Al Horford is our only trade chip?  Big time talent gets moved for lotto picks and guess what...we don't have those either.  So no picks and no assets.  Yeah I'm sure we'll be able to bring in a start that way...

and you do think that Bebe was going to be a service player even know that we got Edy.  Free Agency is not over yet.

Once again it's not about Bebe.  It's about completely wasting a 1st round pick.  Striking out in the draft and FA is something this franchise can't afford.

• Like 3

and you do think that Bebe was going to be a service player even know that we got Edy.  Free Agency is not over yet.

I'd want to be wrong, so that means something happened, but I'm doubting we get a game changer. I can't speak for everyone but we can't keep putting role players around Horford and expect results, or fans to show up for that matter. I don't think Horford can be the top guy on a championship team. So that is what we need at the end of the day. Not false hope of 'big things' each season when we sign a Marion or Turner.

• Like 3

Unless Ferry callings Lance's or Greg's name FA is over besides a bunch of role players and we already got 2 of those..

• Like 1

So essentially Ferry has whiffed on 2 of the 4 first round picks he's taken (Jenkins who sucks) and (Bebe who he traded) and because he didn't take a SF in the draft like most thought we were stuck in this predicament of watching Deng and Ariza pass us by. I can't see how anyone says Ferry has done a "Great" job. It's been serviceable thats about it and we are still a mediocre team like when he first came in except now we don't have JJ's long contract.

Edited by PacManLogoFTW
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Has anyone pointed out yet... I haven't read through the whole thread... that, contrary to the way it's stated in the header, C-Viv didn't actually make a definitive statement, but indicated that the Hawks "may" be done in FA?... indicating to many of us that he is just repeating what he's reading on the Squawk from us fans, ie, that DF may, indeed, be done?

• Like 2

Has anyone pointed out yet... I haven't read through the whole thread... that, contrary to the way it's stated in the header, C-Viv didn't actually make a definitive statement, but indicated that the Hawks "may" be done in FA?... indicating to many of us that he is just repeating what he's reading on the Squawk from us fans, ie, that DF may, indeed, be done?

Yeah but he's a top-notch reporter so you know he has perfect insight. Duh. {/sarcasm}

We could still pull off a trade with that space or get a premium to absorb a contract or two but I am truly disappointed we had a mid first round pick that we crapped on and then wiped off our shoe within a year's time.  That hurts for a team that needs to maximize every draft pick to try to upgrade our talent.

I'm not going to pass judgement on players, I'll let Danny and the rest of this board do that. But I like that DF is so willing to let go of a draft pick. Why? Because it shows he knows about sunk costs. Bebe was a first round draft pick, but he isn't anymore and so if he isn't worth it get rid of him. No need to compound the error if you are sure about it. And this isn't the first time that has happened, it happened last season with Cunningham.

The best example I can think of about this is going to a crappy movie. You've bought the ticket, now you're sitting in the movie theater and after 15 minutes you're sure the movie sucks. Do you keep sitting there because "hell I paid $12.50 for this so I'm going to enjoy it!" Or do you walk out and do something else with your life? I'd hope your time is worth more than to sit through something that sucks.