• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

From now on post whatever you want, wherever you want

Admin

To ALL in this thread who've said such very kind words I really want you to know how much I appreciate it. Makes me realize who my friends on here are.  Many of you brought a smile to my face with the words when I saw them today and some of the jokes were downright hilarious. In fact I'm still chuckling over the Purge and Captain ones. 

As I mentioned in the other thread, this isn't about donations or wanting anyone to feel sorry for me. I'm just burned out from all the negativity, complaining, challenging of the rules, people constantly trying to blur the lines. Now this doesn't apply to 90% of you but the ones of you it does apply to, you know who you are. 

So I really just need to get away from here for a bit and unwind. Don't make life too difficult on AHF moderating during that time as he's got a full life outside of here as well. 

If a few of you senior members would like to volunteer as moderators going forward that would be very much appreciated. 

Again thank you very, very much for the kind thoughts, words, messages and even though they're not necessary (but much appreciated), the donations as well. 

See you guys and gals in a week or two once I've had time to fully unwind and come back as less of a sun_bespectacled.gif than I've been lately.

I'm going to take a step myself. That should help slow down the negativity around here.

I hope you comeback soon.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

To ALL in this thread who've said such very kind words I really want you to know how much I appreciate it. Makes me realize who my friends on here are.  Many of you brought a smile to my face with the words when I saw them today and some of the jokes were downright hilarious. In fact I'm still chuckling over the Purge and Captain ones. 

As I mentioned in the other thread, this isn't about donations or wanting anyone to feel sorry for me. I'm just burned out from all the negativity, complaining, challenging of the rules, people constantly trying to blur the lines. Now this doesn't apply to 90% of you but the ones of you it does apply to, you know who you are. 

So I really just need to get away from here for a bit and unwind. Don't make life too difficult on AHF moderating during that time as he's got a full life outside of here as well. 

If a few of you senior members would like to volunteer as moderators going forward that would be very much appreciated. 

Again thank you very, very much for the kind thoughts, words, messages and even though they're not necessary (but much appreciated), the donations as well. 

See you guys and gals in a week or two once I've had time to fully unwind and come back as less of a sun_bespectacled.gif than I've been lately.

Well... Times like this requires a POSITIVITY DAY.  Let the powers that be set the date...

Better yet, we should have a POSITIVITY WEEKEND.

Have a real PURGE of Negativity from Hawksquawk...

Powers that be.. Set the date for the weekend of POSITIVITY WEEKEND and we can set a countdown!!

@Diesel might be onto something. Here's something positive we can all enjoy (straight jacked from realgm)

http://youtu.be/E9lexzZxi34

1. This video is the greatest god damned thing ever.

2. Rory Sparrow, Rumeal Robinson and Mike Glenn make cameos.

3. Nique still had a lot in the tank in San Antonio. Never realized that.

Edited by Duff_Man
  • Like 2

1. This video is the greatest god damned thing ever.

2. Rory Sparrow, Rumeal Robinson and Mike Glenn make cameos.

3. Nique still had a lot in the tank in San Antonio. Never realized that.

Did you miss the greatest Koncak assist of all time at the 9:09 mark?

Well, I still have moderator abilities and have a little time the next week. I can make sure you all will really miss Dolfan, if you'd like.

Maybe that's what we all need - then we'll all have a meltdown like Dolfan, take a breather bedtime2.gif and return with better attitudes. 

Just went through the whole thread again and one thing that struck me was...nobody was really throwing anybody else under the bus or blaming other posters. I would have at least expected a few posts like "Well it's all XYZ's fault".

Kind of like how big families work. Sure there are "situations" but as a rule when there is some sort of a crisis...everybody pulls together.

Some try to mitigate the thing with humor and others are more straightforward with their thoughts. We are like a big family.

We can pull together for awhile and appreciate each other - follow the rules and take things a bit more seriously - then - after some time passes - fall back into our old pattern of bickering and complaining. That's how my family always did it. Gossip and badmouth until there is a funeral to go to...then pull together.

Uncle Jim is that you?

• Like 1

Offenders should be called for fouls (i.e. issued warnings). A fouled out member shouldn't be able to create threads anymore. Or at least within the next 6 months.

Now this is a great idea.

Everyone know that Dol does a tremendous job on this site. And the reason the site is set up like this, is to create some sort of order and stability to the site.

If Dol and the other mods let people create any thread they wanted and post it anywhere, you'd have threads all over the place. The "order" also keeps topics in view for a decent amount of time.

The "foul" idea is a great one. Maybe 3 fouls and you lose thread creation rights for a certain amount of time.

I'd even go to say if you posted a thread that is totally non-forum related, that would be like a technical foul, and you'd immediately lose thread creation rights.