• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walter Tavares looking good

Richesly

Our GM is a god.  He knows, in advance, whether a player will make it in the NBA.

When he gives away one of his picks, we know that he is just trying to mess up

our beloved Hawk team.

Now that we know how great Babe is going to be, that he will lead his team to

the next NBA title, we are really ready to be mad at our crazy GM.

Our GM now has all this cap room and he refuses to sign any of the free agents

who are being over paid to join other teams.  We all know that all he has to do

is grab whatever free agent we want and force him to sign on the dotted line

and come here.

No wonder we're upset.

angel.gif

P.S.  I really like the Walter Travers pick, don't you!!

Edited by Gray Mule

• Moderators

Posters were praising Ferry for the Bebe pick and some predicting Noah type impact. Ferry unloaded him for nothing tangible and people are surprised some of the same posters who praised Ferry for the pick are critical of the trade?

• Like 1

Godd@mnitt I haven't seen any of our games with this jacked up NBATV/ Summer League pass schedule. I'm planning my day out to catch this one at 6:00 and hopefully see the best out of Tavares, Moose, Dennis, and Payne. All I've heard so far is promising.

Edited by benhillboy

I like Tavares over Bebe from what I've seen. Doesn't change that fact Ferry wasted a 1st round pick for nothing. Guys like Hardaway, Dieng, and Snell would be welcome additions to the team.

it is really easy to look at drafts after the fact and say that we should have taken xx or yy.  I think that football is a good bit easier. less mental, maybe.

Positives, hes huge, he can run the floor somewhat and has a great touch. Negatives, he cant jump worth a dam ( not that he needs to), He has to get better holding on to the ball both above his head and below he loses possession much too easy. Has to become a better rebounder.

Posters were praising Ferry for the Bebe pick and some predicting Noah type impact. Ferry unloaded him for nothing tangible and people are surprised some of the same posters who praised Ferry for the pick are critical of the trade?

The guy hadnt played a single minute in real action and performed poorly in SL. Its pretty safe to assume that he wont see NBA action in the next couple of years. Its a pick Ferry missed on. It happens, but people are acting like Ferry ruined the damn team by trading him.
  • Like 2

If Bebe were in this draft where would he go? End of first round or later?

With his injuries last season; no way he goes in the first round of this draft. He probably does not even enter this years draft in the hope that his next european season would be better...

The guy hadnt played a single minute in real action and performed poorly in SL. Its pretty safe to assume that he wont see NBA action in the next couple of years. Its a pick Ferry missed on. It happens, but people are acting like Ferry ruined the damn team by trading him.

I agree man. If Bebe or Schröder performed in workouts/camps/european play up to the Squawk Hype they would have went in the lottery of what was a horribly weak draft class.

I agree. 

My point is people are complaint about Ferry like he moved those players just do it. He did it for a reason. to get space to go after free agents. Grief Ferry had a plan he was good on his end but the Free agents didnt want to come here for whatever reason. Im glad he made the move because it showed that he was trying and he was prepared. 

Ive been watching Tavares all summer league and this guy is going to be good. Once he gets the complete understanding of the game and what is expected of a big man in the NBA. In summer league he makes players think twice about coming in the lane. Someone TRIED to dunk on him and i guess they didnt realized how big and long he was and LUCKILY got bailed out with a foul. 

Edy needs to learn how to play defense too. I think in a NBA game he would foul out in the 1st half lol. He plays with the attitude that he wants to be here. He can run the floor and my lord look at his shooting form from the free throw line, lovely form (for a big man) and he already has a hook and turn around jumper. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he is the next Hakeem (right now) but this guy is better than Bebe.

Also he needs to get in the habit of keeping the ball above his shoulders. I want to see him post up more and demand the ball but i think he is just playing within the system. 

I have to disagree here at least until Ferry does something significant with that cap space.

Even though Bebe didnt play last year he was a first round pick. And we would have pissed had we known we'd trade away one of our two first round picks just to save money when we clearly needed an infusion of young talent.

We spent a year waiting for him to develop when players selected after him like Plumlee were playing and making an impact at the same position of need. Then there were guys like Hardaway junior and Bulluck and Glen Rice Jr we passed on.

So to say it doesnt matter that we traded him for cap space because he never played for us is confirmation that we wasted a first round pick that could be playing and making a difference right now by drafting him.

Again if Ferry uses that capspace on a key play then all is forgiven, but as it stands he got jobbed and struck out chasing a dream. I like Ferry, but its ok to admit this may have been a bad move, and potentially his worst move to date

This probably is fair.  That said, one could argue that A) Bebe is the only mistake Ferry has made.  B) Ferry might be actually doing the smart thing by considering Bebe a "sunk cost", cutting his losses, and unloading him now knowing he is gonna be injury-laden and/or unproductive.

Obviously, efficiency wasn't "maximized" with the Bebe selection, but considering it was a "weak" draft, I'm okay if we took a shot at a player with upside that we didn't realize has injury issues, and I'm especially cool with it if all this early Wally talk is legit--sounds like he might actually have some real promise.

• Like 1