• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Muscala

tonegully

I have watched all the summer league games and let me tell you something fellas. This is a different guy from last season. 

He is very, very active on the floor and very aggressive. I mean he is running the floor, attacking the basket, and has a 3 point shot. 

It looks like he is playing to really show and prove to Bud and Ferry that he needs to be on this roster. 

Has anyone else seen his summer league season so far?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yes, he has been playing great! All Muscles needs is a little muscle, pardon the pun. Offensively he is aggressive and he is using his length well on both ends, but he just needs a little more bulk to avoid getting pushed around out there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

He's looked really good in the SL. I haven't seen all of the games but I feel like he's been our second best player.

Ferry has done a great job with our second round picks.

Not be a total arse or anything but there is a summer league thread to discuss summer league things.

The thread police thing will kill this board, eventually.

The most effective boards I've been a part of have one single forum where everything goes.

All these forums and sub forums and which thread stuff goes in, creates confusion for new members and makes people hesitant to post.

Let's see, does this go in the Summer League thread, the Muscala Summer League thread, or the old Muscala thread from last month...

Just post and if it's uninteresting, people will scroll past and find what they're looking for.

• Like 4

He's looked really good in the SL. I haven't seen all of the games but I feel like he's been our second best player.

Ferry has done a great job with our second round picks.

I agree. I have seen all the games and man he stood out big time for me. He looks like a totally different player. I guess being a rookie and all last year, maybe he was a bit nervous. 

Him and Payne were fighting each other for rebounds tonight. I like it.

• Premium Member

I like that he seemed to almost always be around and battling for the ball. I like that he's got some post moves. I like that he is a decent, though not exceptional, rebounder. I like his shooting form and think that that bodes well for him to gain more consistency. I like maybe most that he's developed his game in 12 months to the extent he seemingly has, and believe that if that trend continues for the next 12 months, we've got a keeper. That means we need to see more improvement on defense first and foremost, imo, and concurrent to that is, I think, improvement in the weight room so that he can't be rutted out of the post.

The thread police thing will kill this board, eventually.

The most effective boards I've been a part of have one single forum where everything goes.

All these forums and sub forums and which thread stuff goes in, creates confusion for new members and makes people hesitant to post.

Let's see, does this go in the Summer League thread, the Muscala Summer League thread, or the old Muscala thread from last month...

Just post and if it's uninteresting, people will scroll past and find what they're looking for.

This forum works on common sense. Typically, no one shoukd be complaining about this thread. What doesnt fly too well around here is draft or trade specific stuff not gojng where it should. Threads about other teams not going where they should. If someone makes a thread and it shouldve been added to another moderators will merge it. However, we here like to have the courtesy to make sure moderators (who are volunteers) arent doing a ton of unnecessary work all because us members want to do things how we want instead of how we should.
  • Like 2

Average pick and pop big, needs to show he can do something else to be a staple

I'd take an average nba big with a 2nd round pick.  if he could be a rotation player and provide even average defense, he was an incredible pick!!!!  he seems like a good character guy.  if he can give us 10-15 minutes a game and 8/4, great. (stretch 4, btw.)  payne probably more of the backup c between the two.

i really like how he moves, but would like to see more muscle tone and thinner skin before i feel comfortable that he is maxing out his athleticism.  the q on him is defense, i believe.

will be interesting to see how the hawks use these bigs., esp with scott likely coming back.  someone is going to get minutes at the 3, i'd think.

Average pick and pop big, needs to show he can do something else to be a staple

He had a few post up turn around jumpers. If he keeps working on that move it'll be nice. Edited by JayBirdHawk

• 2 weeks later...

This forum works on common sense. Typically, no one shoukd be complaining about this thread. What doesnt fly too well around here is draft or trade specific stuff not gojng where it should. Threads about other teams not going where they should. If someone makes a thread and it shouldve been added to another moderators will merge it. However, we here like to have the courtesy to make sure moderators (who are volunteers) arent doing a ton of unnecessary work all because us members want to do things how we want instead of how we should.

"Work"

Lol

It's a message board