• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take this with caution: The Hawks are in talks with the Wolves for Kevin Love

NBASupes

Do they want to trade their expiring star PF for a expiring all-star PF? How does that help them? If they want a salary dump, can we take on a K-Mart? .

This. It makes absolute zero sense that they would trade Love on the last year of his deal for Sap on the last year of his deal. Z E R O. I'm going to guess there are plenty of other teams that would be able to take on KMart's contract as well, so what is the deciding factor that would put the Hawks ahead?

Horford still has a couple years on his reasonable contract, so I could see them asking for that. Supes says he's supposedly off limits, but let's be real, he's already been shopped around if you believe anything else that's been written. Love/Horf would definitely be a much better tandem for us of course. But I could envision a scenario where they trade Horford and at the worst when Love and Sap's deals end and they don't resign here, then the Hawks go into full on rebuild and restarting this thing with the young pieces we've begun collecting. Maybe that might make the tank crowd happy here (though I doubt it).

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This. It makes absolute zero sense that they would trade Love on the last year of his deal for Sap on the last year of his deal. Z E R O. I'm going to guess there are plenty of other teams that would be able to take on KMart's contract as well, so what is the deciding factor that would put the Hawks ahead?

Horford still has a couple years on his reasonable contract, so I could see them asking for that. Supes says he's supposedly off limits, but let's be real, he's already been shopped around if you believe anything else that's been written. Love/Horf would definitely be a much better tandem for us of course. But I could envision a scenario where they trade Horford and at the worst when Love and Sap's deals end and they don't resign here, then the Hawks go into full on rebuild and restarting this thing with the young pieces we've begun collecting. Maybe that might make the tank crowd happy here (though I doubt it).

Agreed about the Wolves dealing him for Millsap which would make zero sense for them. As far as Horford, I don't buy the untouchable stuff. Horf is not being traded because he's coming off another serious injury. No way could the Hawks get what they feel would be fair value for him right now because a team is not going to give up valuable assets for him considering he hasn't proven complete recovery.

Minnesota and Cleveland both have awful front offices. With Koonin behind him, Danny should be able to take advantage in some way.

I personally like Sap over Horford because I think he's much more durable and has a more rugged body type. Looking at the field in the East, it isn't a stretch to say Sap would make the ASG again, and would probably settle for what he actually should be making after wildly outperforming his contract. Payne seems to be a Milsap understudy anyway, as the team focuses on building upon itself.

Regardless what Al has shown since the inury, it shouldn't be hard to sell a 2-time out-of-position All-Star who knows nothing of missing the playoffs to a lowly franchise like Minny, and I'm not even a huge Love fan. I can't totally embrace any player with whispers of bad defense, even if damn near everything else is stellar. I'm still scratching my head on missing Lance or some big wing who could handle.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

We have a ton to offer Minny. Are you guys crazy. We can offer a combination of milsap, dennis, Payne and picks. We have plenty of assets to get their interest compared to what other teams are offering.

• Moderators

We have a ton to offer Minny. Are you guys crazy. We can offer a combination of milsap, dennis, Payne and picks. We have plenty of assets to get their interest compared to what other teams are offering.

An expiring contract and mid-first round picks > young studs under team control and lottery picks? Ferry's last trade of a mid-first round pick got him a bag of chips to go with a player he cut.

Don't kid yourself. The only asset that could potentially draw interest at a Kevin Love level would be Horford and with his health that is no guarantee.

Carmelo, Deron, Harden....all of them drew lottery picks.

• Like 1

I think Horford would be the asking price from Minny, and if they ask for him, he shouldn't be off the table. Love is a top 10 player. Them wanting Millsap and some mid round pick is not going to happen, I would rather have Love for one more year than Millsap for one more year if I was Minny.

Unless they value Jeff Teague and Payne, trading Horford is our only chance at getting this top 10 player to come here.

Edited by RWF

I checked with my source also, they have been trying to get Love since January. Minnesota wants combinations of Dennis and Millsap/Horford plus picks. Hawks are not willing to include Dennis or Horf in any deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

I checked with my source also, they have been trying to get Love since January. Minnesota wants combinations of Dennis and Millsap/Horford plus picks. Hawks are not willing to include Dennis or Horf in any deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is true, who are the Hawks actually offering?

FYI:

Minnesota's front office has been signaling that any trade partner for Love would also potentially have to take J.J. Barea and Kevin Martin, who is due another $21 million over the next three seasons, as part of the deal. (Love, Barea and Martin make combined salaries of $27 million)..

That's a lot of salary to come up with.