• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In Retrospect...... I have to ask!

Wurider05

Just proves, once again, there is not THAT much difference between

teams in the NBA and, on any given night, any team can beat you.

Yeah.  We were that good.  Yeah.  They were that bad.

Pretty close matchup, wasn't it.  Could have gone either way.  That's the

way it's supposed to be - - Close, no matter who you face in the playoffs.

• Like 3

Coaching

At one point I think Vogel said STTE, "Keep working, we're right in this thing. Just keep working.  18 more points and we're only down 10.  Keep working ..."

At one point I think Vogel said STTE, "Keep working, we're right in this thing. Just keep working.  18 more points and we're only down 10.  Keep working ..."

He got exposed by Bud in the playoffs.  And he's lucky that we just didn't have the talent to take them out.  He'd be out of a job right now.

Without Stephenson covering up some of their offensive and defensive deficiencies, I think that team is going to take a big tumble this year . . . with help from Chicago and Cleveland of course.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

By every means, they should have beaten us in 4.  So what happened? Vogel is not a good coach.  He's stubborn and you can't be stubborn and coach.  The other thing is that we found inspiration.   You all can talk about coaching all day but coaching didn't let Scott have the game 5 that he had.  Coaching wasn't help Teague BUST the whole Pacers backcourt in the mouth.  The fact that they had to use their 6'10" best defender to guard Teague should tell you that Teague was a monster.  We just didn't have talent in the right spots to take advantage.

However, game 6... up by 5, 3 minutes left, we should have made better decisions.   One Bucket and two less turnovers and we would have gone to the second round.

• Like 1

Like Bud said - offensive execution at the end of games was not what it should have been.

Hopefully with another year in the system, the execution of the plays called will be better.

• Premium Member

The whole of the EC was meh...especially the Pacers after the break.  Being realistic, which people equate to "hating" these days, we finished six games under .500 in a soggy Eastern Conference.  I wouldn't characterize us as "that good."  

And while we did play an inspired series vs. the Pacers, Game 5 is the cause for all the chatter.  The Pacers played like bums and we had some guys playing above their heads.  Take nothing away from Bud and the way we play ball, because those are both positives.  However, I don't think we should be hanging our hats on that series like we've somehow "arrived" at something.  

Good series, good team play, great coaching.  Still a loss and we need to get much better.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

And while we did play an inspired series vs. the Pacers, Game 5 is the cause for all the chatter.  The Pacers played like bums and we had some guys playing above their heads.

Like who?  Everyone played below their season's averages with the exception of maybe Teague and he didn't shoot that well...But Antić/Brand played way below their regular season numbers.  Also, the Pacer's play may have had something to do with the Hawk's and their defensive strategy.  But I guess we aren't suppose to praise the home team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Like who?  Everyone played below their season's averages with the exception of maybe Teague and he didn't shoot that well...But Antić/Brand played way below their regular season numbers.  Also, the Pacer's play may have had something to do with the Hawk's and their defensive strategy.  But I guess we aren't suppose to praise the home team.

You're quoting me talking specifically about Game 5 being pivotal...where Mack & Scott combined for 37 points and we shot the shit out of the ball.  Not the whole series.

We made it interesting, but still lost in the first round. (I know being an 8th seed, and no Horf) still... The east sucked. Two time NBA champs got embarrassed having the best player on earth...

• Premium Member

We made it interesting, but still lost in the first round. (I know being an 8th seed, and no Horf) still... The east sucked. Two time NBA champs got embarrassed having the best player on earth...

Some of y'all will never be satisfied