• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What kind of team are we?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Well I actually wanted Pau Gasol.  Im not sure about Monroe because I have not watched him much.  I do like Sap a lot and Im hoping Horford is ok injury wise this year.  Indiana will not let Hibbert go, he had a bad series against us and that is why we hung with them for 7 games.

Obviously with this roster we are just another 1st round exit because the talent is just not there.   We need a good SG or SF to really compete.

I don't see any other moves being made. 

• Like 1

Well I actually wanted Pau Gasol.  Im not sure about Monroe because I have not watched him much.  I do like Sap a lot and Im hoping Horford is ok injury wise this year.  Indiana will not let Hibbert go, he had a bad series against us and that is why we hung with them for 7 games.

Obviously with this roster we are just another 1st round exit because the talent is just not there.   We need a good SG or SF to really compete.

We're making it out of the first round this year.  The question is whether we make it out of the second.

I like your confidence but there is a whole season to go with factors

Right. Factors being mostly health. 82 games, teams will have bad nights playing. But if Horf or Sap are not even on the court it's season changing. Think Pacers fans are optimistic?

• Premium Member

Other than Lebron, what SG/SF will get us to the ECF?

• Admin

I don't think Hibbert is very good

He is clunky and mechanical.

Terrible with the ball.  

He is slow

He has hands of stone

He often got exposed out there on the court last season and in the playoffs as well.

He is considered a good defender because he can block shots...I don't think he is that amazing a defender.  He gets challenged a lot because he doesn't really intimidate.

There was a reason he was sitting during the 4th quarter.  

• Like 2

Terrible with the ball.  

He is slow

He has hands of stone

He often got exposed out there on the court last season and in the playoffs as well.

He is considered a good defender because he can block shots...I don't think he is that amazing a defender.  He gets challenged a lot because he doesn't really intimidate.

And now a head case. You just lost Lance and Paul... An all star, that had 0 points and 0 rebounds as seven footer in the playoffs as a 1 seed. No pressure next year....

• Premium Member

Terrible with the ball.  

He is slow

He has hands of stone

I've always had a decent appreciation for the Pacers, but I've never been a Hibbert fan.  He's not a force down low, he's not a dominant scorer, and he's not a great rebounder.  He is a decent player and you could do a whole lot worse at center, but I never really understood people's fascination with him.  

Funny how fast things flip though...  A year ago, people were telling me that Hibbert was the Pacer's alpha dog.  

Hibbert is a tall goofball. Coming out of the draft he said he didn't want to play for the Hawks, ill never forget that. All throughout the Hawks/Pacers series last year I had a smile on my face. I don't ever want Hibbert as a Hawk, not not, not ever.

• Moderators

I've never been a big fan of HIbbert and last year really soured me on him.   I was impressed with his play against the Heat the year before but remember that one block he had at the rim in that series and people went friggin nuts like it was the greatest block of all time.   Granted it was in the ECF but Deke did that on a nightly basis.   I've seen HIbbert do it a couple times.

• Like 1

• Moderators

As currently constructed we're The Spurs East give and take a few skill sets, and I'm thrilled about it.

I would call us the poor man's Spurs but I am also very happy with that direction as the long-term vision for our squad.