• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Greg Monroe Topics

NBASupes

Boozer was pretty awful last year. Shooting below 40% in long 2's is not gonna work in this offense.

If it did, we could've just kept Josh Smith around.  At least he played defense and his kids don't cheer for the Heat.....and Supes said he doesn't promote us getting washed up former stars. smh

Edited by Dragitoff

If it did, we could've just kept Josh Smith around.....and Supes said he doesn't promote us getting washed up former stars. smh

Boozer isn't 1/10th of the defensive player Josh was.....

So at this point we get inefficient O with crappy D

Boozer has become a long 2 chucker this late in his career.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Somebody got to get SVG off of his la-Z-Boy.  There's deals to be made that will help a lot of teams.

First.  The Kings want Smoove.

They have just offered Gay an extension and Gay is waiting to see what direction they are going in.  Sacramento's previous overtures towards Smoove seems like a frontline of the future that they like.

SVG has to know that even if they trade Smoove and get back what amounts to backup pieces (Thompson and Williams or Thompson and Terry)... that they would still have problems with Monroe and Drummond.  I believe that Monroe knows this too.

Monroe is not just unhappy with Smoove, I believe that he wants to play C and work in the lowpost.  His numbers clearly show that that's his best position.

Therefore,  I think a trade of Sap or Al should be on the agenda after they move Smoove.

Monroe's part in all of this is that he has to force SVG to trade him.  All signs show that he's doing just that.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

Somebody got to get SVG off of his la-Z-Boy.  There's deals to be made that will help a lot of teams.

First.  The Kings want Smoove.

They have just offered Gay an extension and Gay is waiting to see what direction they are going in.  Sacramento's previous overtures towards Smoove seems like a frontline of the future that they like.

SVG has to know that even if they trade Smoove and get back what amounts to backup pieces (Thompson and Williams or Thompson and Terry)... that they would still have problems with Monroe and Drummond.  I believe that Monroe knows this too.

Monroe is not just unhappy with Smoove, I believe that he wants to play C and work in the lowpost.  His numbers clearly show that that's his best position.

Therefore,  I think a trade of Sap or Al should be on the agenda after they move Smoove.

If we trade Al for Monroe I will join Hots and jump off the Ferrry bandwagon.

Drummond-Horford is NASTY for Detroit/SVG

How do we know Kings wants Smoove? Didn't think anyone wants him especially with his awful contract.

Monroe already denied that he didn't like playing with Smoove.

No way I'd give up Horford for Monroe...maybe Millsap. Still would rather focus on getting a guard though we are set in the front court but we could use a SG.(Korver at SF)

• Premium Member

If we trade Al for Monroe I will join Hots and jump off the Ferrry bandwagon.

Drummond-Horford is NASTY for Detroit/SVG

I don't know about that.   Horford hasn't played PF fulltime at no time. Moreover, Drummond-Monroe is no slouch either...  However,  I like a Monroe-Millsap combo because both players are playing to their strengths.

The other thing is I'm not so sure that the Hawks have any plans on trading Millsap or not extending him.

Ferry talked about watching him for years and they were happy to get him.

We have a 70 foot statue of Horford......Teague......no Millsap!

• Premium Member

How do we know Kings wants Smoove? Didn't think anyone wants him especially with his awful contract.

Monroe already denied that he didn't like playing with Smoove.

No way I'd give up Horford for Monroe...maybe Millsap. Still would rather focus on getting a guard though we are set in the front court but we could use a SG.(Korver at SF)

I think that the Kings wanted Smoove... And I believe that the problem is that SVG figures he can reach him and make him into a Sf and bolstered the strongest frontline in basketball.

The good news is that Monroe ain't resigning and moreover, has threatened to sign the QO.

The longer that Monroe stays held out, the more likely the Pistons will be to go back to the table and take the scraps that the Kings are offering.

Do I really want to see this topic hijacked by Boozer's painted hair??? I didn't think that the two topics had anything in common??

Sorry man there's a dozen Monroe topics in the first 50 threads here. I could have moved it to NBA forum since it was Smoove and kings and trade talk.

It's okay Kyle "Marley" Korver. Everything's going to be alright.

Actually that Jason Mamoa hair on him!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, bottom line...

IF Gay pushes for a better team (which he is doing).

And Monroe says trade me (which he looks like he'd doing).

The powers that be will have to come back to the table and make a deal.

I just hope Ferry is calling with his offers for Monroe.

Actually, Ferry should be talking with David Falk ochestrating Monroe's escape plan and future in Atlanta.

• Premium Member

Well, bottom line...

IF Gay pushes for a better team (which he is doing).

And Monroe says trade me (which he looks like he'd doing).

The powers that be will have to come back to the table and make a deal.

I just hope Ferry is calling with his offers for Monroe.

Actually, Ferry should be talking with David Falk ochestrating Monroe's escape plan and future in Atlanta.

Wake up your dreaming!  sun_bespectacled.gif

• Premium Member

Where's the dream in this?

There could be a Sap-Monroe or a Horford-Monroe deal but I would have to see it to believe it.  I dont have any confidence our GM can get a major deal done

There could be a Sap-Monroe or a Horford-Monroe deal but I would have to see it to believe it.  I dont have any confidence our GM can get a major deal done

Uhh hello I guess you forgot Marvin for Devin Harris?? :no:

• Like 1