• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top 100 Dominique Wilkins Dunks

DMixes

For every Hawks fan, the grand compilation of the dunks by the human highlight film.

The power, extension, creativity, Nique was way ahead of his time in the 80s, dare I say the inventor of windmill and double clutch dunks? Where do you place him on the all time dunkers list?

• Like 3

• Moderators

No one can dunk like Nique in games.   Man I miss that.   It's funny because I was just thinking about Nique last night before seeing this. It's criminal that there is no statue of Nique near Philips.   They should put one at the corner of Marietta at CNN center.   When we play the celtics someone could do a chalk drawing of Bird sitting on his butt under the statue.   

• Like 2

No one can dunk like Nique in games. Man I miss that. It's funny because I was just thinking about Nique last night before seeing this. It's criminal that there is no statue of Nique near Philips. They should put one at the corner of Marietta at CNN center. When we play the celtics someone could do a chalk drawing of Bird sitting on his butt under the statue.

I love this idea and this post :-)

• Admin

Just Awesome!!!

I could watch that over and over again...actually I will!! 

My fav is still teh dunk over Bird.

Nique was what made me such a big fan of the Hawks.  My first game I ever really watched was Hawks vs Lakers in LA and Nique just tore them a new one.  

They had such a stacked team back then Nique, Doc, Willis, Wittman, Tree with a bench of Spudd, Levingston, Carr, Koncak (yes Mr. Contract), Battle ... I think the defense and chemistry was hurt when they brought in Moses Malone and Reggie Theus in their attempt to win it all.  

There were just so many other good teams (it was pre expansion so the talent was not diluted) and the fact that he could score like that before the hand checking rule.

I miss watching those teams...the greatest game is still the Nique/Bird duel in game 7 of the playoffs

• Like 2

Just Awesome!!!

I could watch that over and over again...actually I will!!

My fav is still teh dunk over Bird.

Nique was what made me such a big fan of the Hawks. My first game I ever really watched was Hawks vs Lakers in LA and Nique just tore them a new one.

They had such a stacked team back then Nique, Doc, Willis, Wittman, Tree with a bench of Spudd, Levingston, Carr, Koncak (yes Mr. Contract), Battle ... I think the defense and chemistry was hurt when they brought in Moses Malone and Reggie Theus in their attempt to win it all.

There were just so many other good teams (it was pre expansion so the talent was not diluted) and the fact that he could score like that before the hand checking rule.

I miss watching those teams...the greatest game is still the Nique/Bird duel in game 7 of the playoffs

Agreed. I'd say Theus really F'd up our chemistry. Malone may have a bit but Theus took shots away from Nique, Doc etc.

• Admin

Agreed. I'd say Theus really F'd up our chemistry. Malone may have a bit but Theus took shots away from Nique, Doc etc.

Malone brought rebounding (well getting his own rebounds) and scoring but he slowed us down and he also did not play a lick of D

Tree and Contract didn't score but they defended the rim well

Malone brought rebounding (well getting his own rebounds) and scoring but he slowed us down and he also did not play a lick of D

Tree and Contract didn't score but they defended the rim well

True. Actually I'd say during that time around 88 when we got Malone and Theus, none of the 3 (Malone, Tree, koncak) defended the rim well. Our big men really sucked. I would have loved it if we could have gotten our hands on Oakley, Thorpe, Buck Williams or Michael Cage. They would have fit in perfectly with us IMHO.

Had to stop around the 5 minute mark.  I miss watching Nique.  This team needs a presence like that in the worst way.

You get to enjoy the "system" though.  It's kind of like enjoying the fundamentals in the WNBA...but I'm sure that's still more appealing than going to a Hawks game.

• Like 1

Unbiased, Nique considerably. No one combined the artistry with sheer ferociousness like him. Vince, Mike, and Dr. J were mainly concerned with hangtime. That is never a problem when jumping off two legs with bionic springs in them. Nique's main objective was to snatch the rim out of the glass I think. I'm surprised he never pulled a Daryl Dawkins.

I'm sure my avatar suggests my favorite dunk of All-Time, even though it was a contest dunk, I don't care. I haven't even watched the video yet, I feel like I need to get comfortable with some popcorn first, then weigh in on the best in-game yam. NBATV ran "Come Fly With Me" a few days ago, brought back memories that you still can't believe. Mike and Nique on the same floor guaranteed 60 points and about 10 "wtfs!?" per game.

• Like 1

I think Bird might wake up from nightmares sometimes. He was featured more than a few times.

He seemed to like to show up the Lakers, too.

Love how he tried to excite the fans right from the opening tip running out.

A human shouldn't be able to full windmill off a drop step.

His one-handed dunks were actually more powerful than the two-handers.

No one can duplicate the leg kick, and he did it unconsciously it seems.

Didn't realize he was still making some nice posters with the Spurs. I wonder what he thinks of Pop, vice versa?

Whenever someone does a tip dunk, anywhere in the world, there's probably a shout out to The Originator. It should be.

His craziest dunks still aren't in this video. At his peak he would regularly leak out and windmill off a brisk walk, and once he double pumped backwards from the little black box that used to be on the edges of the paint. He's revered among basketball fans, but he's an underrated All-Time, all sports athlete. There hasn't been 50 human beings who can display that type of strength against gravity.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

You get to enjoy the "system" though.

I think you're selling us a little short.  We have the best 1-2 combo in the league...!

system.jpgcapspace.jpg

Sure to put butts in seats.  Excite the crowd.  Draw the free agents.  And propel us into the upper echelon. {/sarcasm}

• Like 2