• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not so Good News on the Cancer Front

Colin

Looks like it isn't done yet, and the type of cancer I have is going to spread soon so it looks as though chemo is my best bet in order to avoid a lymph node-removal surgery. Gonna talk with my family later this week and then make a decision and meet with the doctors again.

Oh well, at least testicular cancer is 99.9% curable, so I know almost for certain I won't die.

A good buddy of mine had testicular cancer when he was about 35 years old.  Had to have some surgery to remove some lymph nodes and got some chemo.  He fully recovered and is doing fine.  That was over 20 years ago so you know that techniques, pharmas, and chemos have all improved.

Hang in there bro'.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

After getting terrible news last week, it seems as though things are looking up. They were certain that the cancer had spread to my bones, but I got a second opinion and got more blood work done and all the tumor markers were normal (meaning no cancer right now).

While the doc says that I still have a huge chance for it to spread (still likely to my bones), I am cancer-free at this very moment. Life is great. :')

Hell yeah!  That's awesome.   I hope it continues to look up and you can get some real rest.   Remember Zaza works in mysterious ways.

After getting terrible news last week, it seems as though things are looking up. They were certain that the cancer had spread to my bones, but I got a second opinion and got more blood work done and all the tumor markers were normal (meaning no cancer right now).

While the doc says that I still have a huge chance for it to spread (still likely to my bones), I am cancer-free at this very moment. Life is great. :')

Good news!!!