• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official find the Atlanta Hawks a new owner(s) thread...

ATLHawks3

• Moderators

Oh my goodness, she's hiding in plain sight, y'all!

0x600.jpg

Let the Spanx jokes begin! She's built a nice little empire up in Buckhead.

NBA tie-in: Sara Blakely's husband, a former 90s rapper, coined the "Go NY Go NY Go!" chant at Knicks games.

http://www.forbes.com/global/2012/0326/billionaires-12-feature-united-states-spanx-sara-blakely-american-booty.html

~lw3

• Like 3

0x600.jpg

NBA tie-in: Sara Blakely's husband, a former 90s rapper, coined the "Go NY Go NY Go!" chant at Knicks games.

http://www.forbes.com/global/2012/0326/billionaires-12-feature-united-states-spanx-sara-blakely-american-booty.html

~lw3

The Atlanta Spanks.  Let's do this.

• Like 3

0x600.jpg

~lw3

Let the women run things!

• Moderators

If I could crowdfund this guy a billion or so, I'd be much happier. I'd miss his voice but, hey, this guy could use a break!

~lw3

LOL.

I'm fairness to Gucci though, that is the only squad in the last 15 years that has won 50 games in a season, and at least threatened a little bit to win a 2nd round series.

Is that like being a little bit pregnant?

0x600.jpg

~lw3

Imagine Sara and Oprah becoming majority owners of the team. You'd effectively ease racial tensions in that city, along with bringing in 2 women that could tap into the REAL cash cow in the Atlanta market ... The female professional with tons of disposable income.

From an advertising and sponsorship standpoint, corporations would line up to be affiliated with these 2.

The Big issue though would be this ... Could a good enough basketball mind emerge to run the basketball operatons, to maximize the money that these 2 could generate and put into the team, by creating an exciting and championship level product on the floor?

• Like 2

Imagine Sara and Oprah becoming majority owners of the team. You'd effectively ease racial tensions in that city, along with bringing in 2 women that could tap into the REAL cash cow in the Atlanta market ... The female professional with tons of disposable income.

From an advertising and sponsorship standpoint, corporations would line up to be affiliated with these 2.

The Big issue though would be this ... Could a good enough basketball mind emerge to run the basketball operatons, to maximize the money that these 2 could generate and put into the team, by creating an exciting and championship level product on the floor?

Now that's what you call a power couple!

I like it!

If you wanted to go with an all female management hierarchy, Oprah and Sara would be majority owners, and this woman would be the new GM and be in charge of basketball operations:

Nancy Leiberman

And the wild thing is ... she's actually qualified to do it. She's been a former GM on the WNBA level. She's currently an assistant GM of the Texas Legends ( Dallas Mavericks ) in the D League .

She does GREAT NBA analysis on Sirius NBA radio and on TV on occasion. She knows the NBA game.

And most of all, she has credibility around the league.

The average uneducated ( and possibly sexist ) media writer or basketball fan would see a move like this as a publicity stunt. But if the Hawks really wanted to do a radical shift in thought and management, a female power hierarchy might just work.

• Like 2

If you wanted to go with an all female management hierarchy, Oprah and Sara would be majority owners, and this woman would be the new GM and be in charge of basketball operations:

Nancy Leiberman

And the wild thing is ... she's actually qualified to do it. She's been a former GM on the WNBA level. She's currently an assistant GM of the Texas Legends ( Dallas Mavericks ) in the D League .

She does GREAT NBA analysis on Sirius NBA radio and on TV on occasion. She knows the NBA game.

And most of all, she has credibility around the league.

The average uneducated ( and possibly sexist ) media writer or basketball fan would see a move like this as a publicity stunt. But if the Hawks really wanted to do a radical shift in thought and management, a female power hierarchy might just work.

That's interesting - good call.

The men have created a fustercluck - time for the women to Rise Up (oh wait that's the Falcons).lol

That's interesting - good call.

The men have created a fustercluck - time for the women to Rise Up (oh wait that's the Falcons).lol

Funny that the Falcons use Rise Up these days ... when we used the same slogan back in the mid 2000s.

But yeah, I wouldn't be against an all-female power structure with the Hawks. No way they could be more dysfunctional than what we have now.

• Like 1