• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mutombo shows interest in buying Hawks

I want a rich owner who has money to burn. A business man who will own ,,,, not a group

Just because it is a group does not make it bad.  Both the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder are owned by group ownership.  

Group ownership isn't all bad just like solo ownership isn't always good.  The only thing I can say for definite that you want to avoid is corporate ownership.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

San Antonio and OKC are corporate. Same as the A$G. They are limited liability corporations much like how most ownership groups are structured in the NBA. It is mainly for tax purposes.

San Antonio and OKC have no absolute majority owner much like the A$G. You're right to point out that having a singular owner is not necessarily bad or good just like having a group is not necessarily bad or good. But we already know the A$G have shit owners with the Gearons and Rutherford (check out him making an ass out of himself at a widespread panic concert at Philips NYE 2010

). And these Atlanta owners in the A$G are shit owners whether they are in majority control (2005ish to 2010) or minority control (Ferry-gate).

So when groups involving Webber or Mutombo or Nique pop up they are concerning to everyone on the board because they likely mean that the Atlanta part of the A$G are going to hang around. If you are an ownership group that needs to include one of those players, then you likely do not have enough capital to buy-out the Atlanta side of the A$G. I hope I am wrong, but the appeal of bringing on Webber/Mutombo/Nique is to try to replace real money with political/social capital...and Levenson is not selling for political favors. And even if he does sell to a team that has a lot of political capital, I don't find that to be appealing for ownership. Kasim Reed is a d*ck.

You saying that Was Rutherford Sydel who walked on stage in that vid?   I haven't heard of that.

• Moderators

Sure am. Check out the youtube comments on it and you will see multiple people claiming it was Rutherford Seydel. You will also see Clark Seydel (his son) come in and defend him in the comments.

It's Rutherford. He's a complete jackass. He went up there to try and tell JB that he set a new record for sold-out shows and they'd update the banner.

philips_banner_2006.jpg

to

Raptors+v+Hawks+030.jpg

And I can't find a picture of the updated 20 sold out shows, but that is what they are up to right now.

What kind of jackwagon goes out in the middle of a song and puts his hands on the guy.   Geez man.   Rich people can be so stupid.   Of course I should be working.....

Sure am. Check out the youtube comments on it and you will see multiple people claiming it was Rutherford Seydel. You will also see Clark Seydel (his son) come in and defend him in the comments.

It's Rutherford. He's a complete jackass. He went up there to try and tell JB that he set a new record for sold-out shows and they'd update the banner.

And I can't find a picture of the updated 20 sold out shows, but that is what they are up to right now.

Thanks for ruining my day.  Every time I see that stupid banner I get spitting mad (whatever that means).

How is that something that should be commemorated with a freaking banner along with titles and respected players and such?  If I'm 'Nique I'm pissed to have that crap near my retired #.

I heard Dion Glover has come out to declare his interest in buying a piece lol

Let's be honest, sh*t won't get real 'til Speedy Claxton throws his hat in the ring ...

lakers_oh_snap.gif

Ok, ok, self-ban for Speedy Claxton reference.

San Antonio and OKC are corporate. Same as the A$G. They are limited liability corporations much like how most ownership groups are structured in the NBA. It is mainly for tax purposes.

Not to be the nitpick police, but there's no such thing as a "limited liability corporation." An LLC is a "Limited Liability COMPANY" whose owners are "members", not shareholders. You have to be either an LLC or a Corporation, but by definition you cannot be both. Although all "members" of the LLC can choose to be taxed as an S-corp for lucrative self-employed deduction purposes morpheus.gif

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

San Antonio and OKC have no absolute majority owner much like the A$G. You're right to point out that having a singular owner is not necessarily bad or good just like having a group is not necessarily bad or good. But we already know the A$G have shit owners with the Gearons and Rutherford (check out him making an ass out of himself at a widespread panic concert at Philips NYE 2010

). And these Atlanta owners in the A$G are shit owners whether they are in majority control (2005ish to 2010) or minority control (Ferry-gate).

So when groups involving Webber or Mutombo or Nique pop up they are concerning to everyone on the board because they likely mean that the Atlanta part of the A$G are going to hang around. If you are an ownership group that needs to include one of those players, then you likely do not have enough capital to buy-out the Atlanta side of the A$G. I hope I am wrong, but the appeal of bringing on Webber/Mutombo/Nique is to try to replace real money with political/social capital...and Levenson is not selling for political favors. And even if he does sell to a team that has a lot of political capital, I don't find that to be appealing for ownership. Kasim Reed is a d*ck.

When I say corporate ownership, I mean something along the lines of what Time Warner was.  Someone that is an actual corporation.  ASG and the group the owns the other two teams are LLCs, which are limited liability companies, not corporations.  I have a PLLC that houses my medical practices.