Hawks vs Spurs - Teague vs. Parker

sillent

Ironically the East Spurs (Our Hawks) look identical to the real Spurs currently.. Their are plenty of headlines here but the biggest will be can we step up to the plate and hold our own against the world champs?? This will be a good challenge and good measuring stick as both teams get better each game. (The Spurs get better after a loss).

Edited by sillent
  • Like 1

Ironically the East Spurs (Our Hawks) look identical to the real Spurs currently.. Their are plenty of headlines here but the biggest will be can we step up to the plate and hold our own against the world champs?? This will be a good challenge and good measuring stick as both teams get better each game. (The Spurs get better after a loss).

No offense to our hawks but I don't think we win this game. Not to be on the spurs ballsack but that franchise is just ran almost to perfection and they play great team basketball.

I do think we will play them tough just like last year and I think the game will be close to the end but I'm expecting the hawks to come up short and lose by 4-7 points....which isn't bad, just means the hawks will have a few bad possessions the spurs will take advantage of.

I still think we are a better team this year and much improved from last year but hell this spurs team is the champs so I gotta give credit where credit is due.

• Moderators

Stepping on the pregame maestro's toes posting about games to be played...

untitled-1.gif

And the only similarities between the Spurs and the Hawks is the system... Comparing our players to theirs, there is no comparison:

Parker is more of a traditional, "true" PG.  He has elite passing ability and can see the floor clearly.  Teague is more of a combo guard.  He can run the PnR, but he is best when he is aggressive and attacks the hoop.  He tries to get his teammates involved, but he is a scoring guard first and foremost.  Defensively they are about the same.

All Danny Green can do is shoot three's.  Korver possesses a much more complete game as he can run off of screens and shows the ability to step into the midrange and a jumper.  He also can attack the hoop off of the screen and is better defensively.  Green is valued due to the 2013 playoffs.

Leonard is a Finals MVP and shut down Lebron in the Finals.  There is no comparison between him and DMC.  Kawhi is a better shooter, slasher, and is a clutch performer.  DMC is 3&D who tries to do more.

Duncan is a 7'0" HOF PF while Sap is a 6'7" forward that gets beat up in the post.  Both possess offensive skill sets, but they call Timmy D the Big Fundamental for a reason.  He can make any shot on the floor, but he knows where he belongs and where he benefits his team the most - in the post.  Sap is a PF in a SF's body.

Comparing Horford to Splitter is apples to oranges.  Two completely different players.

Our bench to the Spurs bench - their bench favors offense while ours favors defense.  I'd take our bench over theirs.

• Like 1

The Spurs are a year older and it will be interesting to see how that impacts them...........likely not that much early in the season. Hopefully we will continue to knock the rust off and find some rhythm to our game. 

Funny thing is I keep telling myself that every year but they almost seems ageless.  The more they play together the more efficient they seem to get and in turn are able to manage their minutes better.  I'm sure they will hit a bump soon but I think they at least have this season in them to make another strong run, especially with OKC crippled.

• Moderators

Funny thing is I keep telling myself that every year but they almost seems ageless.  The more they play together the more efficient they seem to get and in turn are able to manage their minutes better.  I'm sure they will hit a bump soon but I think they at least have this season in them to make another strong run, especially with OKC crippled.

Not that it's any real comparison to pro sports but i used to play on a soccer team that was like this.  we'd been together so long we were beating younger, more talented teams.... until we weren't.   It happened quickly.   At some point you just can't keep up physically.  I'd like to see us use some fouls if one of there guys starts to get hot.   Make them not want to come in the lane.

• Like 2

Stepping on the pregame maestro's toes posting about games to be played...

I don't think he's in any danger :saythat:

Haha but good points. Can you imagine Kawhi on this team? I think he could actually be enough to make us a legit finals contender. 

• Like 3

I don't think he's in any danger :saythat:

Haha but good points. Can you imagine Kawhi on this team? I think he could actually be enough to make us a legit finals contender.

I've had a man crush on Kawhi since SDSU!

Ya I said it...

Can you imagine Kawhi on this team? I think he could actually be enough to make us a legit finals contender. 

I recall reading an article where Pop was quoted as saying that Bud was so relentless in his pursuit of Kawhi to the point of actually convincing Pop to pull the trigger on that trade. The Leonard/Hill swap was all Bud, according to Pop.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I recall reading an article where Pop was quoted as saying that Bud was so relentless in his pursuit of Kawhi to the point of actually convincing Pop to pull the trigger on that trade. The Leonard/Hill swap was all Bud, according to Pop.

Sweet.  Glad we hired Bud as GM.

Parker a traditional PG? LMAO.

I think you gotta go back and slowly read what he said as it's dead on accurate.  I like Teague but this has been the story on him all his life and it will never change. His assists are some of the most simple passes that you'll ever see. Parker makes some passes that you wonder how he even saw the guy. He may not be Chris Paul, but he's far ahead of Teague in terms of passing vision. 

Parker is more of a traditional, "true" PG.  He has elite passing ability and can see the floor clearly.  Teague is more of a combo guard.  He can run the PnR, but he is best when he is aggressive and attacks the hoop.  He tries to get his teammates involved, but he is a scoring guard first and foremost.  Defensively they are about the same.
  • Like 1