• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Knicks Part I

lethalweapon3

Few thoughts...

1. Loved the Spike pic..looks like a whiney lil brother buggin Melo.

2. The Selena Gomez reference was gold. (Bania)

3. Travis Wear is on the Knicks? Wow!

4. Triangulation is a real word? I have a lot to learn.

5. I'd like to dub lw3 as the Bill Belichick of game threads, his attention to detail is absurd. (Ya, I watched "a Football life" as well as "Cleveland Browns 95", I am hoping to become an Ozzie Newsome to lw's hood by reading his game threads.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Tonight completes the first of 20 back-to-back games for the Hawks, tied with ten other NBA teams for the most in the league schedule. Only the Hornets (22 back-to-backs) and the Bucks and Jazz (21) have more.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

Another reason I want a win badly tonight is because Carmelo decided to stick his big fat nose in the Hawks business this summer by saying the free agents won't be going to Atlanta because of Ferry's comments. Worry about your own issues Melo.

Game time folks!!!!

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!!

We missed so many layups.

Gave up 61 points in 1st half - 35 points in 2nd half

Defense was great in second half - Thabo and Dennis.

Korver with 3 blocks. He said Bud got into them at half time.

Dennis with a back to back good games. Said coach trusts him and put him in. Confidence is great. No second thoughts, Said last season he thought about it every time he had the ball. 5 steals. Dennis is getting better at finishing at the rim and he can finish with either hand. You can see the improvement in the mechanics in his shot.

Teague started slow - but picked it up late in game. I like the combo with him and Dennis.

Sap did a good job defensively on Melo in 2nd half (even the NY broadcast gave Sap props) - 6 points.

Al has a rough shooting night but hit some big one late.

Still too many missed freethrows.

I like the combo with him and Dennis.

I played it in 2k15 yesterday and it worked really well. Didn't think it was realistic for Bud to try it in a real game but it works well in stretches.

Speed kills-Nique