• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nabisco Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies..

willthepureshooter

• Moderators

It might not but its too early to say for sure.

We'll see but the deals last summer lead to think we are escalating salaries rather than suppressing them with $15M Gordon Hayward, $21M Chris Bosh, $15M Chandler Parsons, etc.

For a what 24 year old healthy All Star C on the rise absolutely. For a 28 year old C coming off 2 season ending injuries and possibly having already peaked it's possibly not a steal.

I can't shake the feelin ur mad at Hor

I can't shake the feelin ur mad at Hor

I'm not mad at him at all. Just at the point with him that I got to with Marvin, Josh and JJ where I stopped believing he could elevate this team. I don't think a 3rd option is worth 12 million or more either.

I'm not mad at him at all. Just at the point with him that I got to with Marvin, Josh and JJ where I stopped believing he could elevate this team. I don't think a 3rd option is worth 12 million or more either.

I'd like to disagree here. I just feel Marvin was a negative influence with his jumps hot and no d on the wing ...I feel Horford provides our d at least

Enough.  Winning 5 in a row.  We've gotta do something drastic.

Watching tonight, Lopez looked like he is big enough to be a satisfactory center.

Now consider this:

We have two point guards.  We only need one so Jeff should go.

Korver is getting too old so he should go also.

Since Horford is injury prone, we don't need an undersized center with Lopez.

Would the Nets do this three for one trade?  Maybe throw in a second round pick or two.

Then, just think.  We could go back to being one of those teams  trying to win enough

games to make the 8th team in the oh so weak eastern division.

After reading some of the posts here, we know how you feel about this trade!

no.gif

• Like 2

I'd like to disagree here. I just feel Marvin was a negative influence with his jumps hot and no d on the wing ...I feel Horford provides our d at least

I'm not comparing Marvin to Horford as that would be ridiculous. I'm saying I'm at the point now that I'd rather trade Horford than keep him as I've seen enough to believe we'd be better off with a traditional big who scored in the paint, rebounds and defends the rim. There were years where I wanted to keep Marvin, JJ and Smoove but eventually realized we are better off without them and even though this is the most difficult I believe it's that time for Al.

• Moderators

Al Horford and Shelvin Mack for Avery Bradley and Jeff Green

Green is just not very good.  His career .531 TS% (.520 TS% last year) screams "empty numbers on bad teams" about his scoring.  He doesn't do much other than score and grab a few boards.  Tweener on D.  No way I would give up Horf for him?  Him putting up a career high 16.4 PER and an above average (for him) sub .100 WS/48 doesn't help him when you go to the "total value" metrics.  He is perfect to be a lead scorer on a bad team or a "won't move the needle" starter on a good team.

Edited by AHF

Green is just not very good.  His career .531 TS% (.520 TS% last year) screams "empty numbers on bad teams" about his scoring.  He doesn't do much other than score and grab a few boards.  Tweener on D.  No way I would give up Horf for him?  Him putting up a career high 16.4 PER and an above average (for him) sub .100 WS/48 doesn't help him when you go to the "total value" metrics.  He is perfect to be a lead scorer on a bad team or a "won't move the needle" starter on a good team.

Same can be said about Kyle

You put green Kyle and Dennis on floor together

and don't forget the 7+ footer Walter Tavares and AP

along with Avery Bradley defense and scoring

You put green Kyle and Dennis on floor together

and don't forget the 7+ footer Walter Tavares and AP

along with Avery Bradley defense and scoring

Except advanced stats love Kyle. Green has always sucked in the advanced categories because he'd a volume shooter. Kyle is the exact opposite. Kyle would be less useful on a bad team as he fits a good team who can set him up for buckets.

I would hate if we traded for Green and Bradley is unnecessary with Teague and Schröder.

• Moderators

Wow.

Wow.

Did you really type that?

I just wrote that Green gives you empty numbers with low efficiency scoring and you say the same could be said of Kyle Korver?  The guy who is the MOST efficient perimeter scorer in the league.  

Kyle shot .653 TS% compared to Green's .520 TS% last year.  You cannot say the same thing about those guys.  At all.

One gives you elite efficiency, the other gives you subpar efficiency.  Those are opposites.