• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nabisco Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies..

willthepureshooter

After observing the abuse Horford received last night from the young and recently skilled Derrick Favors, I hate an appetite for some Nabisco Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies. I refuse to believe that a former all-star player can continue to not work on his post defense and offensive skills. Why is Horfords softness continually getting a pass by our coaches and trainers? Hell, Muscala with his thin frame has a better post defense and offense than him. Smh. NABISCO SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

There was a report and thread about how he eased up in his upper body training and strength-building due to the pec injuries. It's certainly showing.

The advantages he should have against longer guys like going into their chest first or being quicker simply isn't there. The only thing he does well and consistently these days is clap his hands after he nuts up. He made Gobert and Kanter look like good players, what the hell is Bosh and Birdman gonna look like? He gonna make Pero pull a Dennis and take the majority of the C minutes, prompting me to start a "The Pero Era Begins" thread.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

After observing the abuse Horford received last night from the young and recently skilled Derrick Favors, I hate an appetite for some Nabisco Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies. I refuse to believe that a former all-star player can continue to not work on his post defense and offensive skills. Why is Horfords softness continually getting a pass by our coaches and trainers? Hell, Muscala with his thin frame has a better post defense and offense than him. Smh. NABISCO SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Did you not watch the game last night? Moose was getting straight up abused in there. 

But it's way too early to start worrying about Horford "being soft" when his focus in the past year was almost certainly on gaining range of motion, flexibility and stamina. He's clearly not as strong as he was and that's not likely to change much unless he goes back to heavy lifting. 

But our front line is certainly limited by our height disadvantage. It's frustrating but it is what it is. 

• Like 2

But our front line is certainly limited by our height disadvantage. It's frustrating but it is what it is.

True, I keep having visions of Payne coming in and being inspector gadget for us, and he's nowhere near 7 feet. Hopefully he's closer to our hopes than fears, unlike BazeFraud. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Did you not watch the game last night? Moose was getting straight up abused in there.

But it's way too early to start worrying about Horford "being soft" when his focus in the past year was almost certainly on gaining range of motion, flexibility and stamina. He's clearly not as strong as he was and that's not likely to change much unless he goes back to heavy lifting.

I'm not only talking about his play of now, but over his entire healthy career. Horford has gotten abused by bigger and less talented players since he became a Hawk. And I still stand by my observation that Muscala has a better post game than Al. It's so blatant that his post game is lacking. Look at where he is when receives the ball in the post, and then look at where he's positioned after he makes his first move.. He's literally in the same spot and seconds from a panicking and shooting that horrendous fade away shot. WATCH THE TAPE.. IT'S ALL TRUE..

• Moderators

I'm not only talking about his play of now, but over his entire healthy career. Horford has gotten abused by bigger and less talented players since he became a Hawk. And I still stand by my observation that Muscala has a better post game than Al. It's so blatant that his post game is lacking. Look at where he is when receives the ball in the post, and then look at where he's positioned after he makes his first move.. He's literally in the same spot and seconds from a panicking and shooting that horrendous fade away shot. WATCH THE TAPE.. IT'S ALL TRUE..

I think the idea that he's been abused by bigger less talented players is revisionist history.   I've seen him get the best of guys like Lopez and Gortat.   There is a reason he was an all star at center.   I mean the coaches picked him.   Who are these guys who are abusing him?

• Like 3

That's your fault then for expecting something different. If he's always been a finesse C then he's very likely going to be that type of C for his entire career. 

You can stand by your observation on Moose but he's shown nothing yet. Just because he's skinnier and less mechanical doesn't make him better in the post. Personally I don't think either are all that good in the post. In fact if memory serves Moose made his bones in college from being a face up post player and not a back to the basket post player. I've seen nothing in the NBA so far to contradict that either. 

• Like 1

I think the idea that he's been abused by bigger less talented players is revisionist history.   I've seen him get the best of guys like Lopez and Gortat.   There is a reason he was an all star at center.   I mean the coaches picked him.   Who are these guys who are abusing him?

Horford has been abused plenty of times by guys like Lopez putting up huge numbers. But Al has had a lot of big games against those guys as well. In fact I don't recall any C's really holding Al down on a regular basis. But Al has never been a good defensive C and all sorts of guys have put up big numbers on him. 

• Like 2

He's clearly not as strong as he was and that's not likely to change much unless he goes back to heavy lifting.

This is it right here. Horford lost weight, size and strength. It's better in the long run for him but I think battling centers now will certainly take its toll. We need to move him to pf soon or he might not be as effective as before. I really don't blame him at all. Lifting heavy weights all your life and then all of a sudden switching to plyometric exercises can be difficult. At first you really miss the power you once had, but as time passes you realize that you're much more durable, flexible and fresh both on and off the court. It's gonna take a while for him to transition.

Horf has had a solid career already, playing out of position the entire time. Well documented.

He's has had his injuries, and I think partly because he's undersized, but working hard. He'll come around. I still believe it's a work in progress with he and Sap getting that cohesion...

• Like 1

The thing is... We need a player like Omar Asik to play next to him.  We need that, and a guard that can take some of the scoring pressure off. The problem seems to be that getting both of those type of players is tough, but it also appears that the coaches and Ferry want to have 5 options on the floor all of the time. The problem is that you don't win championships that way now. 

We are what you would expect a Spurs knockoff to be.... The team has been in every single game so far... And they were in most of the games last year. But even when the offense is going good the team does not have the defensive prowess to separate themselves from even the most average teams. So we get all of these close games. And the problem is that most of the good teams have better talent and so that makes it difficult to win close games against good teams.

The Spurs had mostly 5 options on court,didnt they win it last year?

In the mavs championship Foster, wasnt there plenty oft optioms too?

What changed that this isnt Wirkung anymore this year?

lol German auto complete... and I don't think mavs had mostly 5 options on court...

Dirk had 28%, Terry 18% and Marion 12% of all their playoff points...

Edited by rd79

Returning from injuries is more of the issue but now without the heavy lifting, it's clear center is a past position for him. Time to move him to PF but you can't do that till you get a center which aren't readily available. I would love to trade Sap for a solid to good center but those just aren't available like that. 

Jeff for a potential AS SG and an expiring contract is more available than us getting a true center to play next to Al. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

The thing is... We need a player like Omar Asik to play next to him.  We need that, and a guard that can take some of the scoring pressure off. The problem seems to be that getting both of those type of players is tough, but it also appears that the coaches and Ferry want to have 5 options on the floor all of the time. The problem is that you don't win championships that way now. 

We are what you would expect a Spurs knockoff to be.... The team has been in every single game so far... And they were in most of the games last year. But even when the offense is going good the team does not have the defensive prowess to separate themselves from even the most average teams. So we get all of these close games. And the problem is that most of the good teams have better talent and so that makes it difficult to win close games against good teams.

I would like a scoring rebounding big who plays great man D like Pek as an option or  Monroe. I don't think a rim protector is needed if Horf's at PF. Only when he's playing center. 

As for a scoring SG. That's what this team needs. Not a ball stopping one but one like Beal or Klay Thompson. I think trading Jeff for someone like Nik S or Ben Mac is good deal for us. Especially Nik S who would be the perfect fit potentially for us. 

You been on a roll Hots. I can't lie, your 45 win at most looks right compared to my 48-50 win projection.