• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Lakers

lethalweapon3

The most retarded thing I hear is this speed and agility. Al's healthy speed and agility is very good for a PF or C. Al biggest difference is at PF you don't have to bang and you don't have defend dudes with superior mass and strength to you which isn't an issue at PF for healthy Al. Right now, Al isn't healthy. He is looking rusty as hayle.

Retarded?  Not really, Al healthy can be guarded by most PF's in the league. It's not like he has many back to the basket moves, so he won't use his size advantage well.  His pick and pop game is pretty good when he's healthy, but he never could defend well.  Smooth often bailed him out with weak side help.  IMO, we need to try to package him up for a rebounding paint defender.

Thing is that Horford will be a worse PF than Center.  His advantage against centers is his agility and speed. Move him to PF and he loses his advantage.  Just will be a pick and pop PF and pretty easy to guard.

I agree with Horford having the speed and quickness advantage at C, but the problem is that he only uses his mobility advantage to get open to shoot more jumpers. Personally I dont think that advantage is great enough to justify having him at C when we are getting abused in the paint at the other end.

I agree with Horford having the speed and quickness advantage at C, but the problem is that he only uses his mobility advantage to get open to shoot more jumpers. Personally I dont think that advantage is great enough to justify having him at C when we are getting abused in the paint at the other end.

Like someone else said, Horford is basically a SG now.  Hawks need to get out of this stock while the gettin's still good.

Retarded?  Not really, Al healthy can be guarded by most PF's in the league. It's not like he has many back to the basket moves, so he won't use his size advantage well.  His pick and pop game is pretty good when he's healthy, but he never could defend well.  Smooth often bailed him out with weak side help.  IMO, we need to try to package him up for a rebounding paint defender.

No the f* he can't. Most of Al offense come off of movement. It always will come off of movement. Saying otherwise is retarded. His speed and agility is just fine. His numbers since Sap's arrival has been superior at PF v. C. With Smoove and Zaza, Al was more productive since Josh was good at what Horf is weak at but Sap is redundant. They don't play well together. I am sick and tired of you foolish Hawk fans. So the f* what, he doesn't create his own offense. He doesn't need too if the offense is going right. Right now, Al issue is DEFENSE. Usually, it's his strong point with his movement but his movement isn't crisp right now and his D has been bad. With that said, healthy Al is a much better PF than a C. Hell, 80% Al is a much better PF than C. His PnP, PnR, and his mid range is always near elite. His issue is his short range which is usually elite is just solid this yr and his rebounding has been average to solid, not the very good we are used to. Sap and Horf don't fit. I watched today's game and came away not impressed with either. The lack of rim protector makes Jeremy Lin look like the beast.

Since when have the NBA's PF been good defenders. Most are ish on defense like Millsap. You guys are getting on my damn nerves. If we are going to get on Horf, let's be accurate.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

No the f* he can't. Most of Al offense come off of movement. It always will come off of movement. Saying otherwise is retarded. His speed and agility is just fine. His numbers since Sap's arrival has been superior at PF v. C. With Smoove and Zaza, Al was more productive since Josh was good at what Horf is weak at but Sap is redundant. They don't play well together. I am sick and tired of you foolish Hawk fans. So the f* what, he doesn't create his own offense. He doesn't need too if the offense is going right. Right now, Al issue is DEFENSE. Usually, it's his strong point with his movement but his movement isn't crisp right now and his D has been bad. With that said, healthy Al is a much better PF than a C. Hell, 80% Al is a much better PF than C. His PnP, PnR, and his mid range is always near elite. His issue is his short range which is usually elite is just solid this yr and his rebounding has been average to solid, not the very good we are used to. Sap and Horf don't fit. I watched today's game and came away not impressed with either. The lack of rim protector makes Jeremy Lin look like the beast.

Since when have the NBA's PF been good defenders. Most are ish on defense like Millsap. You guys are getting on my damn nerves. If we are going to get on Horf, let's be accurate.

Back with numbers please.

Retarded?

Oh sure, let's all use derogatory words that describe a mental illness (in a pejorative way) to compare it to a freaking game. Sounds real mature and well founded for this instance. \sarcasm

Assholes. The simple minds that have to resort to that word illuminate how freaking stupid and inadequate their vocabulary is. Are we back in 2nd grade where we can't understand context or the measure of a word? For some, apparently so.

This is also a two game stretch out of an 82 game season. If we're overreacting already then this board is in for a looooong season. Will we overreact in the opposite direction as well? Chill out folks.

Oh sure, let's all use derogatory words that describe a mental illness (in a pejorative way) to compare it to a freaking game. Sounds real mature and well founded for this instance. \sarcasm

Assholes. The simple minds that have to resort to that word illuminate how freaking stupid and inadequate their vocabulary is. Are we back in 2nd grade where we can't understand context or the measure of a word? For some, apparently so.

This is also a two game stretch out of an 82 game season. If we're overreacting already then this board is in for a looooong season. Will we overreact in the opposite direction as well? Chill out folks.

It's 10 games in and this team is crap. The only reason they have 5 wins is because they beat 4 bottom feeders. This team wouldn't sniff .500 out west.

- 2 wins over NY.

Almost everyone is beating them.

- A win over Indy.

How many guys were they missing again?

- A win over a Miami team missing Dwayne Wade.

- A win over Utah.

Not that impressive either.

Losses

SA

Toronto

LA

Cleveland

Charlotte

This team is not good and I can't believe people thought that Al was going to make this team good..

Edited by Hotlanta1981

So basically what we have is guy who is good shooting from 12-18 feet, but can't shoot inside, can't shoot 3s, can't play defense, and is at best an average rebounder. 

That honestly doesnt sound very impressive, and definitely not that hard to replace. 

• Like 2

LOL!  You just quote that word and not read the entire comment.  Read the whole comment before calling people aholes bruh.

• Like 1

So basically what we have is guy who is good shooting from 12-18 feet, but can't shoot inside, can't shoot 3s, can't play defense, and is at best an average rebounder. 

That honestly doesnt sound very impressive, and definitely not that hard to replace. 

ZaZa basically replaced him a few years ago when he went down and the team was still fairly successful. 

Horf is not a big time player. He is a third option  Horace Grant/Brian Grant type.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

ZaZa basically replaced him a few years ago when he went down and the team was still fairly successful. 

Horf is not a big time player. He is a third option  Horace Grant/Brian Grant type.

Agreed, but both of those guys you mentioned were very good rebounders.  Horace was an elite rebounder.  Al is the opposite of that.

Horf is not a big time player. He is a third option  Horace Grant/Brian Grant type

A better Horace Grant is what I saw him as in his early career. Now he is a lessor version because he doesn't rebound, protect rim, and gets punished in the post consistently.

OK cool.  Quote the person that you are referring then, would eliminate the confusion.

I don't see posts from people I have on ignore unless someone else quotes them. It's not necessarily obvious from how the message board is set up, but I know what I'm doing. I'm an old dog here, I've seen it all.

You also shouldn't take things personally on this board, even if I was referring to you (which I'm not here). I'm trying to be someone who brings perspective to the situation here. I don't care to stir things up on this message board anymore, those days are waaaay behind me.