• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thank you Mike Smith, Falcons loose again

Gray Mule

So many to blame for this loss. 

Whoever calls the plays late in the game doesn't run the ball.  Incomplete

pass stops the clock and saves time for Cleveland.  Why?

Falcons call time out to stop the clock and save time for the opponent.

Why?

Falcons defense, especially against the run.  Where was it?

Mainly, it's the fault of our beloved head coach.  When you're not bright

enough to manage the clock and it cost you the game, what can you say?

hang3.gif

• Moderators

You at least run the ball in that situation to keep the clock running so it forces Cleveland to burn a timeout.  Best situation, you pick up the 2 yards for a 1st down.  Instead, they pass the ball which stops the clock and gives Cleveland 0:44 seconds to march down the field on the worst pass defense in the league and nail the game winning field goal.  If Mike Smith and TD aren't fired at the end of the season, I'm ditching the Birds until they do.

And Arthur Blank needs to keep his old ass up in the owner's box.  I'm tired of seeing him on the sidelines at crunch time.  Does he not understand the pressure that his presence adds to the situation?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Mike checked out after the Lions game, I blame his assistants and coaches. There's no way in hell I let that man stop the clock for the other team in a clear winning situation, twice!!!! I think he already has a coordinating job somewhere. Looking at houses or some sh@t.

As soon as Cleveland got the ball I knew it was over. They were trying for a touchdown and almost got it. Take out Trufant and our defense is sub-professional. Sometimes opposing offenses are even surprised at the huge chunks they pile up at the perfect time. And we're still in the playoff hunt. Is this bizarro universe?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Mike checked out after the Lions game, I blame his assistants and coaches. There's no way in hell I let that man stop the clock for the other team in a clear winning situation, twice!!!! I think he already has a coordinating job somewhere. Looking at houses or some sh@t.

As soon as Cleveland got the ball I knew it was over. They were trying for a touchdown and almost got it. Take out Trufant and our defense is sub-professional. Sometimes opposing offenses are even surprised at the huge chunks they pile up at the perfect time. And we're still in the playoff hunt. Is this bizarro universe?

I couldn't understand why they had Trufant playing 8 yards away from the line of scrimmage.

• Moderators

Arthur Blank is done with Mike Smith.  Just end it now, Arthur.  Fire his ass and promote Mike Tice to interim HC.

• Like 1

You at least run the ball in that situation to keep the clock running so it forces Cleveland to burn a timeout.  Best situation, you pick up the 2 yards for a 1st down.  Instead, they pass the ball which stops the clock and gives Cleveland 0:44 seconds to march down the field on the worst pass defense in the league and nail the game winning field goal.  If Mike Smith and TD aren't fired at the end of the season, I'm ditching the Birds until they do.

And Arthur Blank needs to keep his old ass up in the owner's box.  I'm tired of seeing him on the sidelines at crunch time.  Does he not understand the pressure that his presence adds to the situation?

Do you not understand how badly he wants that attention?  Less work for the cameramen if he lurks near the coach in crunch time.  He's really looking out for those guys.

Arthur Blank is done with Mike Smith.  Just end it now, Arthur.  Fire his ass and promote Mike Tice to interim HC.

Aw yeah Ahhrthu, get that front row seat so errybody knows you're in charge.

"Jerry Jones ... got nuthin' on me!!!!" 

• Moderators

Beyond frustating.  Calling the timeout in the first place was bad but how you get several coaches and a quarterback in a timeout and no one says ' you know what, a high risk pass in this situation is stupid '.   It really seemed like they were trying to stealthily lose.  

• Like 1

Smith's clock (mis)management has always been baffling. This has been going on for years. It's not a fluke, not a trend -- it's who he is. Let's call timeout to get the play -- let's see, a fade route to our KR/PR on a day when the QB has missed a bunch of throws on 3rd and 2 when we need to burn clock and grab a first down...makes sense. 

Honestly, it's for the best. This is a bad team -- the Vikings and Bears games really drove that home. Look at the schedule -- there is probably one game left in which the Falcons will be favored. It wasn't happening anyway. 

Yes, the Falcons could be 6-5 if not for their head coach's clock chicanery, but they would still be bad. Best to clean this out and start fresh. 

And that goes for TD, too. The defensive roster and the weakness on both lines is all on him -- too many whiffs in the draft. Jack too, who is nothing more than a short yardage back at this stage of his career. Of course that's precisely what the situation called for yesterday, but I digress. 

Edited by jhay610
  • Like 1

How many hours, nay, weeks of film study did Ahhhrthu put into figuring out just where to stand to get that shot?  

He looks ridiculous.  What is your purpose other than to let everybody know who's boss or w/e?

Y'all realize no coach worth a darn is gonna want to deal with that nonsense?  We're gonna end up with Lane Kiffin.  Get yourself ready for it now folks.

He looks ridiculous because hes on the sideline ?

He just looks ridiculous in general IMHO.

Him being on the sidelines is silly.  I think it's a manifestation of things that probably go on behind closed doors that work to undermine the decision making of the organization thereby leading to the poor product we have to suffer through on a weekly, yearly basis now.

I wholeheartedly believe his presence will be detrimental to the ensuing coaching search.

Fran Tarkenton may have some sour grapes with regards to Blank, but his opinion on the man appears to be more dead-on than many folks are willing to believe.