• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you need an aneurysm, keep reading [regarding Hawks signing Smoove]

enrique

I know members are going to see my name and think I am an apologist. I am a constructive critic. I try to stay neutral. But with this tweet from Chris Broussard:

"Sources: nearly every playoff team besides ATL has reached out to Josh Smith's reps; some of course out of due diligence..."
about an hour ago

Do you think Blink and Al-Fuego told Bud, h3ll no, don't bring his @$$ back here? We have 3 capable PGs and shooters already, we are good coach. Don't even contact his reps to get his hopes up...lmao.

• Moderators

I know members are going to see my name and think I am an apologist. I am a constructive critic. I try to stay neutral. But with this tweet from Chris Broussard:

"Sources: nearly every playoff team besides ATL has reached out to Josh Smith's reps; some of course out of due diligence..."

about an hour ago

Do you think Blink and Al-Fuego told Bud, h3ll no, don't bring his @$$ back here? We have 3 capable PGs and shooters already, we are good coach. Don't even contact his reps to get his hopes up...lmao.

No.  I believe the management and coaching know who Josh Smith is.  That's why his ass is grass in Atlanta.  The players didn't have to say anything.  They know.

Listening to Houston talk radio right now, all their fans seem to think Josh Smith is going to come over here to Houston. They seem to want to blame all of Josh's woes on being played at the three rather than before.

Ironically, when most of us kept Josh around for was hoping Howard would choose Atlanta to play with his bud. Now H-town might get more than they bargained for;)

• Like 2

Listening to Houston talk radio right now, all their fans seem to think Josh Smith is going to come over here to Houston. They seem to want to blame all of Josh's woes on being played at the three rather than before.

Ironically, when most of us kept Josh around for was hoping Howard would choose Atlanta to play with his bud. Now H-town might get more than they bargained for;)

What would make me laugh is if he went to Houston and transformed into a deadeye 3pt shooter..

• Premium Member

It must be the Christian in me, but I love a redemption story. I know I'm in the minority here, but it would make me happy to see our home town guy get it back on the rails with the team he has tattooed on his arm.

There would be something poetic about the Hawks getting a ring with Josh in pocket. Makes a hell of a 30 for 30.

This situation is making me go back to my R Kelly bump and grind days. "My minds telling me no.... but my body. .. my body's telling me yes ssss!

tumblr_inline_mxh5jn30mx1rxhymf.gif

• Premium Member

When I first heard the news, this was my first thought.  He goes to Houston.  Why?  They need a PF who can play defense.

My question is would McHale, Dwight, The Beard, and a 2nd chance make Josh conform?

When I first heard the news, this was my first thought.  He goes to Houston.  Why?  They need a PF who can play defense.

My question is would McHale, Dwight, The Beard, and a 2nd chance make Josh conform?

If this has humbled, J-Brick (er, J-smoove), then I think it could be the beginning of something positive for him. I don't think he has many chances left. Guys that are too full of themselves end up live A.I. and others.

• Premium Member

If this has humbled, J-Brick (er, J-smoove), then I think it could be the beginning of something positive for him. I don't think he has many chances left. Guys that are too full of themselves end up live A.I. and others.

Well, I kinda think that Detroit got rid of Smoove to help their negotiations with Monroe.  I remember reading somebody about him saying that he liked Detroit but refused to resign if they still had Smoove.  I think Detroit found out just how much of a primadonna Smoove really is and instead of keeping him at all cost (Hawks plan) they would cut bait and make their team better.  I betcha today, SVG has more control in the lockerroom and everybody is breathing better.  Their Chemistry will probably increase 100 fold.

• Like 2

Well, I kinda think that Detroit got rid of Smoove to help their negotiations with Monroe. I remember reading somebody about him saying that he liked Detroit but refused to resign if they still had Smoove. I think Detroit found out just how much of a primadonna Smoove really is and instead of keeping him at all cost (Hawks plan) they would cut bait and make their team better. I betcha today, SVG has more control in the lockerroom and everybody is breathing better. Their Chemistry will probably increase 100 fold.

As usual, I'm always learning from you all on here. Didn't even think about the contract situation with Drummond.

His sixth coach. His third team. But yeah, THIS is where he'll finally get it.

He felt like Atlanta was his team and Detroit was a mess. I do think he'll take a much smarter approach playing in Houston. They're a good, veteran team with an obvious hierarchy. Plus Detroit removed the safety net that was his large contract. Houston can do whatever they want with Josh without losing much. Great move IMO.