• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I was wrong.......

Vol4ever

I have worked with both the EEOC and companies on EEO issues for as long as a few of our members have been alive so I see quite these issues quite a bit!  Your point on action would be a very real defense to a claim by Deng that he was discriminated against since the action that Ferry took was offering him the exact same contract that he ultimately signed with Miami.  That is a hard set of facts to overcome to prove injury.

Very true. Thanks. You are a talented veteran lawyer for a reason.

• Moderators

Only 1?  I remember correctly, there was Anthony, Howard, even Magic had his say.  If there's 2 in the league willing to talk, how many others feel the same way or some kind of way?  I think the answer is to run the ship as it's being run right now, with us winning, Bud as the face, and him choosing.  I have no problems with Ferry working behind the scenes.  I just don't think we need that story to resurface now or this season.

I'm not sure you remember correctly.   Anthony definitely said free agents wouldn't sign with atl.   Magic initially called for him to step down but then met with Ferry and seriously reversed course

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/24/magic-johnson-reverses-course-on-danny-ferry/

I don't know anything about Dwight saying something but Hakeem, Kareem, Duncan, Deng, Billy King, Mike Brown,  Wayne Embry have all come out in support of him.  As well as this guy:

"I know Danny very well and we've always had high-quality interactions," said player agent Bill Duffy, who represents more than 30 clients including Steve NashRajon RondoJoakim Noah and Andrew Wiggins. "He's been involved in pro basketball his entire life and I've been shown nothing but respect in my dealings with him. He's always been of good character and I have admired him over the years."

I did not believe in what Ferry was doing would be successful and so far this year I have been dead wrong. If the team ever sales they gotta bring him back. I was sitting around thinking about id we had signed Dwight Howard and kept Smoove...............

I still wish we had picked up Pau Gasol because he would have been great in Buds system.

Free Danny Ferry!!!!

So, I'm totally on board with this.  The thing is, the general public may not agree.  For Ferry to come back the players need to get behind him and unanimously say they forgive him want him back.  They need to make it known to the new owners as well as openly to the public  That is the only way I can see Ferry returning.