• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I was wrong.......

Vol4ever

^This. It's nothing personal against Ferry as much as him contributing to the negative perception of this franchise. The Hawks might as well start fresh. BTW, I 'forgive' all of those who posted personal insults against me. I accept your apologies in advance.sun_bespectacled.gif

Your false self righteousness is right in line with your false outrage over the Ferry incident. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

@AHF, when I get to the library, I will find a 1960 definition of the word before they recently changed it. In fact, do you have any of dictionaries in your possession? 

I pulled my American Heritage (copyright 1985) off the shelf.  It states:

racism

n.  

1.  The notion that one's ethnic stock is superior.  

2.  Discrimination or prejudice based on racism.

Notion and prejudice refer purely to belief.

Discimination refers to action.

Regardless, I would stop calling people wrong for implying that someone can be racist simply because they believe or speak to the effect that one race is superior or inferior to another or others.  

I don't know what a 1960 dictionary would say, but I think you can make your points without getting sidetracked in a definition (i.e., that racism requires action and cannot be based simply on prejudice) that is out of date.  Notably, a 1960 dictionary would actually precede the passage of the most important anti-discrimination laws in the country which were passed in 1964 which have been very important for changing cultural norms for race in this country.  

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

Your false self righteousness is right in line with your false outrage over the Ferry incident. 

SINCE THE WARNINGS ON THE OTHER THREADS SEEM INSUFFICIENT, LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THE NAME CALLING NEEDS TO STOP.  CAPICHE?!?

• Like 3

SINCE THE WARNINGS ON THE OTHER THREADS SEEM INSUFFICIENT, LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THE NAME CALLING NEEDS TO STOP.  CAPICHE?!?

This is the same thread and I didn't consider that one name calling but I will leave this one alone.  Yall have fun.

• Premium Member

Hey that's the second time you've gotten personal with me. I'm not 'outraged' as much as disappointed by the Ferry incident because of what he represented, a fresh start. He was brought here to improve the image of the franchise and ended up in the news for the wrong reasons. That was bad PR this team did not need all because he didn't behave like a professional behind closed doors. If he or Levenson just kept things 'basketball' none of this would've happened. That's why I say Ferry is not a victim. Now if Ferry is brought back, nothing changes for me. I will always be a fan of this team. I just feel that it's for the best that he be let go. That's my opinion. I'm not sure why some are so 'outraged' over my alleged 'false outrage' enough to E-rumble with me or whatever you kids call it these days, but I apologize to those who may have been offended by what I posted.

Hey that's the second time you've gotten personal with me. I'm not 'outraged' as much as disappointed by the Ferry incident because of what he represented, a fresh start. He was brought here to improve the image of the franchise and ended up in the news for the wrong reasons. That was bad PR this team did not need all because he didn't behave like a professional behind closed doors. If he or Levenson just kept things 'basketball' none of this would've happened. That's why I say Ferry is not a victim. Now if Ferry is brought back, nothing changes for me. I will always be a fan of this team. I just feel that it's for the best that he be let go. That's my opinion. I'm not sure why some are so 'outraged' over my alleged 'false outrage' enough to E-rumble with me or whatever you kids call it these days, but I apologize to those who may have been offended by what I posted.

The Hawks are the best team in the East right now.

Attendance is up significantly over last year.

TV viewership is up significantly as well.

The Hawks are being respected league wide and casual fans are starting to pay attention to us.

If that's not improving the image of the franchise then I don't know what is. 

As to him being a victim, he was a victim of a cowardly owner who was intimidated by him and released an unknown to Ferry recording of a private meeting. Now I don't "feel sorry" for him because of that but in that regard he certainly was a victim.  And he wasn't a villain either as he didn't hurt anyone by his private reciting of a scouting report. 

In any case he doesn't deserve to have his career be over because of this incident. 

• Like 3

The Hawks are the best team in the East right now.

Attendance is up significantly over last year.

TV viewership is up significantly as well.

The Hawks are being respected league wide and casual fans are starting to pay attention to us.

If that's not improving the image of the franchise then I don't know what is. 

As to him being a victim, he was a victim of a cowardly owner who was intimidated by him and released an unknown to Ferry recording of a private meeting. Now I don't "feel sorry" for him because of that but in that regard he certainly was a victim.  And he wasn't a villain either as he didn't hurt anyone by his private reciting of a scouting report. 

In any case he doesn't deserve to have his career be over because of this incident. 

I totally agree with ya!!!

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 2

His career wouldn't be over. He can always find a job somewhere else. I'm grateful for the team he put together though.

His career as a GM probably wouldn't be over if the Hawks continue to be a top team this season.  And what does that tell you if you another team are willing to hire him and YOU want him fired. 

I pray that the new Hawks owners won't be so short-sighted to ignore the good that he's done here vs what has been insanely overblown.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

There's only one player in the league (and one out of the league) who has said anything negative about Ferry among a host that have come out in support of him.   I think the ability to do his job argument is gone now.   That was my concern at first but his lifetime of building a stellar reputation has thankfully won out over this one mistake.  As it should.   

Only 1?  I remember correctly, there was Anthony, Howard, even Magic had his say.  If there's 2 in the league willing to talk, how many others feel the same way or some kind of way?  I think the answer is to run the ship as it's being run right now, with us winning, Bud as the face, and him choosing.  I have no problems with Ferry working behind the scenes.  I just don't think we need that story to resurface now or this season.

• Moderators

His career as a GM probably wouldn't be over if the Hawks continue to be a top team this season.  And what does that tell you if you another team are willing to hire him and YOU want him fired. 

I pray that the new Hawks owners won't be so short-sighted to ignore the good that he's done here vs what has been insanely overblown.

It may be possible that not only are the Hawks waiting on the new owner to make a call on Ferry but Ferry might be waiting to make a call on the new owner.  Specifically, it is possible that Ferry is unwilling to return to the team if Gearon has any real say with the team after Gearon did everything he could to put Ferry (and by the extension the franchise) in the worst possible light.

Does anyone here think Ferry doesnt deserve  GM of the year ???  Does anyone think if hes let go he stays unemployed if there is an opening  GM job??   He made a lot of bold moves that a lot of folks here blasted him about yet it seems like every move has paid  off in spades - I can get over a pc slip just like I can get over the  Falcons if they pick up N. Suh in the off season - I just want to win ( unless of course Suh kills someone on the field then  of course no )

• Premium Member

Does anyone here think Ferry doesnt deserve  GM of the year ???  Does anyone think if hes let go he stays unemployed if there is an opening  GM job??   He made a lot of bold moves that a lot of folks here blasted him about yet it seems like every move has paid  off in spades - I can get over a pc slip just like I can get over the  Falcons if they pick up N. Suh in the off season - I just want to win ( unless of course Suh kills someone on the field then  of course no )

I think the contenders for Executive of the year will be:  Ferry, Ujiri, Nelson and Foreman.

I don't know if Ferry can win by making no moves.

Ujiri - resigned Casey, Lowry, and signed Patterson.

Foreman - Signed Gasol. Brooks, Fredette, and Mirotic

Nelson - Signed Parson, Aminu, Harris, Nelson, and Jefferson... not to mention reuped Dirk.

All in all, I would say Foreman probably wins because he made room to get Gasol by getting rid of Deng for nothing.  And then picking up Brooks has basically kept them in the conversation.

I don't know how Ferry would compare to Washington's GM.  I mean, I booed them picking up Pierce but so far, it's working.

It may be possible that not only are the Hawks waiting on the new owner to make a call on Ferry but Ferry might be waiting to make a call on the new owner.  Specifically, it is possible that Ferry is unwilling to return to the team if Gearon has any real say with the team after Gearon did everything he could to put Ferry (and by the extension the franchise) in the worst possible light.

This may very well be accurate and a good point to make. Let's hope that at the end of the year we've got a great new owner and Danny Ferry as the GM. 

If we go from a 38 win team to winning the East and possibly winning over 60 games for the 1st time in the franchises history then I'd say he's a lock. 

I pulled my American Heritage (copyright 1985) off the shelf.  It states:

Notion and prejudice refer purely to belief.

Discimination refers to action.

Regardless, I would stop calling people wrong for implying that someone can be racist simply because they believe or speak to the effect that one race is superior or inferior to another or others.  

I don't know what a 1960 dictionary would say, but I think you can make your points without getting sidetracked in a definition (i.e., that racism requires action and cannot be based simply on prejudice) that is out of date.  Notably, a 1960 dictionary would actually precede the passage of the most important anti-discrimination laws in the country which were passed in 1964 which have been very important for changing cultural norms for race in this country.  

Damn, you're good.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Moderators

Damn, you're good.

I have worked with both the EEOC and companies on EEO issues for as long as a few of our members have been alive so I see quite these issues quite a bit!  Your point on action would be a very real defense to a claim by Deng that he was discriminated against since the action that Ferry took was offering him the exact same contract that he ultimately signed with Miami.  That is a hard set of facts to overcome to prove injury.

I have worked with both the EEOC and companies on EEO issues for as long as a few of our members have been alive so I see quite these issues quite a bit!  Your point on action would be a very real defense to a claim by Deng that he was discriminated against since the action that Ferry took was offering him the exact same contract that he ultimately signed with Miami.  That is a hard set of facts to overcome to prove injury.

In the Army at Drill Sergeant school they make the soldiers stand outside and yell at trees for hours at a time. They become very good at it! I wonder if in law school if they don't have you guys yell into a mirror and/or get married as a part of the school.