Coach Bud Interview

LucastheThird

After watching the video, Bud gave more than I would've thought. You can tell he enjoys talking basketball with people who actually know the in-depth working of the game as opposed to the layman media. When the guy mentioned how a lot of the perimeter shots come off post passes Bud smirked a bit and was like "okay man, stop giving away strategy." I heard someone on ESPN (I think Karl) speak on the triangle influences on the team almost a month ago but didn't go much in depth.

Thanks a lot Alejandro, I was trying to find the poster with these links. I believe someone else posted the one last year on how our defense started its transformation in the playoffs, or it might have been you, you should post more.

Great YouTube channel. Gotta watch "Is Isiah Thomas better than Kyrie?" next.

Edited by benhillboy

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
On 11/11/2016 at 9:36 AM, Germantor said:

He is a good coach but still needs to learn things..hopefully he will take cavs win into Consideration as how to play players..u got to switch lineups as who they play..I seen him made some stupid decisions...but still a good coach imo

He still is doing an excellent job early in his career. Not every successful coach starts out that way.

Take Popovich for example - 

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/gregg-popovich-spurs-coach-first-season/

• Like 2

On 11/11/2016 at 7:04 AM, aali34 said:

Coach Bud is arguably a top 2 or 3 coach in the NBA. But he is DEFINITELY the best coach in the eastern conference( call me when Brad Stevens wins a playoffs series). He is also one of the few coaches who can make a system favoring the strength of his players(Popovich) rather than forcing his players to adapt to his own(Mike D'Antoni). He has changed the organization completely and I hope that he has a long successful career here.

Image result for tyronn lue

• 3 months later...