• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pistons

lethalweapon3

Good stuff lethal!

I think if we stick to the way we've been defending, we'll be ok.  I know this team is riding high so if we stick to them and get a few good steals and force some misses we can shrink that confidence quick.

A good start could go a long ways to a win here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The Pistons should have more of a home court advantage than they have had against us in years past. All of the Hawks games I have attended at the Palace reminded me of a week night Hawks vs Bobcats game at Philips. Very very quiet. The weather up here is pretty bad though and some highways have been closed down for periods of time today so that might wind up keeping Pistons fans at home.

Tickets right behind the Hawks bench were going for about 55 dollars last week on Stubhub. They even had the seats in the 200's for as low as 6 dollars. I looked the other day and the same 100 level tickets are in the 150 dollar range and the lowest price you can find in the arena was above 20. They are certainly jumping on the bandwagon while it is hot.

Edited by cam1218
  • Like 3

Absolutely phenomenal pre-game thread, as usual. I read SB Nation and opposing teams' forums a lot and every so often I'll see people link to one of your pre-game threads and then 2 pages of praise for the thread follow. Can't believe Hawks haven't contacted you.

Absolutely, great as always. The stuff is so much better than the crap the ESPN guys do...

• Like 3

• Moderators

Absolutely phenomenal pre-game thread, as usual.  I read SB Nation and opposing teams' forums a lot and every so often I'll see people link to one of your pre-game threads and then 2 pages of praise for the thread follow.  Can't believe Hawks haven't contacted you.

Hey I appreciate it! But you'd definitely be able to tell if the Hawks ever caught up with me (and matched my salary, heh). Here I can be like Toni Braxton and Unbite My Tongue. On their payroll, you'd see corny all-homer stuff from me like, "You can't spell PERFECTION without P-E-R-O!"

~lw3

• Like 1

I don't like Meeks coming back. Guy has made a career off of hitting 3's vs the Hawks. I'm really anxious for this game tonight to see which team are more worried about the other. I'm sure the Pistons are confident but nobody want to play the Hawks right now. The good news is that we shouldn't take them lightly either. 

• Like 2

So did Jordan, so did Aldridge, so did Howard, so did those Jazz guys, so Did Gasol and Gasol...

Either way, they all lose.

Didn't we give up like 20 each to Jordan and Chandler in our games?  I'm not too worried about their bigs doing what their bigs should do as that's not been proven to beat us yet. 

• Premium Member

Just read another "Detroit is the hottest team" article...getting sick of them. 

Hoping the Hawks continual motion and defensive focus will bring us another W and shut up Zeke and the rest of the Detroit bandwagon!

Go Hawks!!!!

It is annoying hearing about it. I guess when you lose a lot of games and start winning some it comes as a huge surprise. We have just been winning a lot of games for a long time now so nobody really realizes how hot we are.

Absolutely phenomenal pre-game thread, as usual. I read SB Nation and opposing teams' forums a lot and every so often I'll see people link to one of your pre-game threads and then 2 pages of praise for the thread follow. Can't believe Hawks haven't contacted you.

Tissues are on your left ...please wipe your mouth accordingly...

I kid..;-)

Pistons fan here, and real life friend of SalvorMallow. Definitely have to give the edge to ATL tonight, but I think my guys have a chance, and should at least be able to make a game of it. Good luck to you all. I really like your team's structure. If any of you want to cross over to a Pistons forum to chat occasionally, please stop by www.detroitpistonsforum.com Mostly a bunch of good guys and die yards, like you have here. Good luck all, hoping for a great game tonight!

Commy propaganda...we like it here big sperm..no recruiting needed...

I kid (kinda)

Pistons fan here, and real life friend of SalvorMallow. Definitely have to give the edge to ATL tonight, but I think my guys have a chance, and should at least be able to make a game of it. Good luck to you all. I really like your team's structure. If any of you want to cross over to a Pistons forum to chat occasionally, please stop by www.detroitpistonsforum.com Mostly a bunch of good guys and die yards, like you have here. Good luck all, hoping for a great game tonight!

Welcome, don't be a stranger. We are forever linked through 'gulp' Josh leaving our teams and  getting better.angel.gif