• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pistons

lethalweapon3

We came waaaaaaaaaay too close to giving that one away. But a win is a win. And let's give credit to the amazingly wonderful best player to ever play in any sport in Thabo for making all his shots tonight. We wouldn't have won without it!

your'e just a Danny Ferry / Thabo Elitist !

Edited by OldTimeHawk
  • Like 1

We came waaaaaaaaaay too close to giving that one away. But a win is a win. And let's give credit to the amazingly wonderful best player to ever play in any sport in Thabo for making all his shots tonight. We wouldn't have won without it!

It's a shame that you're waaaaaay to proud to admit that you were wrong about Thabo and can't enjoy his play. 

• Like 1

It's a shame that you're waaaaaay to proud to admit that you were wrong about Thabo and can't enjoy his play.

Thabo is shooting over 50% from 3 in his last 12 games while being the best defender on the team. Thabo is going to be huge for us as the season progresses.

• Like 3

Thabo is shooting over 50% from 3 in his last 12 games while being the best defender on the team. Thabo is going to be huge for us as the season progresses.

And someone mentioned that he has our best rebounding rate on the team as well, although I haven't checked it myself. 

That's awesome! Although I dunno about 5x8 being a "poster" but that's a cool story. Did you know he died about 12 years ago?

Oh he died...dang..rip..he was a nice guy for the 5 seconds I met him. Ya it wasn't a full poster but more of a small magazine cover size.

Ps I went to our local mall the next year in 88 and got Manute Bol's autograph...rip to him too...

• Premium Member

I was actually being serious. We would not have won that game without him going 5-5 with 2 3s in the game. I also enjoy it when he plays well. I also don't enjoy it when he spent the first 3 months not playing well. I'm sorta impartial that way.

I was actually being serious. We would not have won that game without him going 5-5 with 2 3s in the game. I also enjoy it when he plays well. I also don't enjoy it when he spent the first 3 months not playing well. I'm sorta impartial that way.

3 months?? We've played 36 games total and he started shooting better about halfway through our games.

I'm glad that you can enjoy his good play though.

Pau put up 46 and 18 last night. We would be a lock for the Finals if that fool signed with us.

I've wanted Pau since we had Joe, wanted Josh traded for him to LAL. But LAL had to get all greedy wanting Teague and a 1st as well.

I still wanted Pau this off season when most was saying he was done. D'Antoni's system was a bad fit for Pau.

I got excited when I saw we were interested and disappointed he didnt sing with Hawks.

• Premium Member

I've wanted Pau since we had Joe, wanted Josh traded for him to LAL. But LAL had to get all greedy wanting Teague and a 1st as well.

I still wanted Pau this off season when most was saying he was done. D'Antoni's system was a bad fit for Pau.

I got excited when I saw we were interested and disappointed he didnt sing with Hawks.

Pau's team is fine now so he might have no regret yet about taking less money than what Hawks offered to play for Bulls. But at this rate Jimmy Butler might be running on fumes the last month of season he might regret not taking Hawks money then.

Pau's team is fine now so he might have no regret yet about taking less money than what Hawks offered to play for Bulls. But at this rate Jimmy Butler might be running on fumes the last month of season he might regret not taking Hawks money then.

I don't know why people are fixated on looking at the number of points scored. Pau shot the ball 30 times that game. No Hawk this year has shot more than 23 times (Teague on 11-7 and Millsap on 11-12). Heck, we've only had 3 games with a player shooting over 20 times! http://statm.us/WyKd0Ib_t

I'm not saying Pau would not have fit with our team, but there is no way he puts up anything similar to our team if he played here. We share the ball on offense. And I'm pretty pleased with how our team fits together and has been playing. I don't want to "grass is greener" this season at all, I think we've got an unbelievable team. The record sure has heck indicates that.