• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sit down Wizards, John Wall, and Isiah Thomas...

volman

Look..this is the first year in forever that the Hawks have such a dominating team. I don't expect the pundants and experts to be all giddy about Atlanta simply because they've had a good couple months.  If the team keeps it up, you'll be hearing about them everywhere.

It is certainly fun right now for those who are paying attention and it's nice to fly under the radar sometimes.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Look..this is the first year in forever that the Hawks have such a dominating team. I don't expect the pundants and experts to be all giddy about Atlanta simply because they've had a good couple months.  If the team keeps it up, you'll be hearing about them everywhere.

It is certainly fun right now for those who are paying attention and it's nice to fly under the radar sometimes.

I expect all the pundits to say "wait until the playoffs".   As they should. However, the crow that they are eating week by week has got to be choking them.  When we dismantle their favorite teams, it's got to be hard for them to continue to treat us as if we're a fluke.  When our Bench Punks their favorite teams starters, it's got to be difficult for them to say that we're not contenders. As they keep saying wait until the playoffs, we will keep laying a Jordan, Pippen, Rodman like Smack on the whole league.

I could care less about former atheletes or anyone in the media not giving us as much cred as we deserve right now.  In fact, I enjoy that we're sort of under the radar.  We're winning and looking like a machine doing it.  That's all I care about right now.  Oh and some media gives us cred, but they're outside the restrictions of mainstream outlets...like Bill Simmons on his podcast.  He and Zach Lowe have tweeted and talked about us quite a bit recently and it's all been very high praise.

John Wall is better than Teague but the Hawks are much better than the Wizards. Nothing today changed that in my view.

As for Zeke, i don't agree with him. Let Jeff be Jeff.

I guess you go with the ESPN view of what makes a player good or a star.

All I know is in two head to head matchups:

Teague has: 39 pts on 31 shots, 13 assists, 2 turnovers, 7 steals

Wall has: 36 pts on 26 shots, 21 assists, 15 turnovers, 2 steals

and people say Wall is the better defender.  Teague's pick pocket skills have been on another level this year.  He is great at picking them in spots where we end up with an easy layup on the other end as well.

• Like 1

I think we all just need to realize that we are never going to be in the media spotlight because the media loves superstars. Superstars sell stuff and make page visit counts go. Its easier for the average person who doesn't know anything about basketball pay attention to a superstar because they can remember one thing and be semi-familiar with it. Do I like superstar driven things? Absolutely not, not sure many here do. But sadly without a big cultural shift it is here to stay.  It is an undercurrent of pop culture and the me me me attitude you can see everywhere. I for one enjoy being under the radar and surprising people. Most of all I enjoy watching the Hawks (not a single player) dominate all the stars.

• Moderators

I think we all just need to realize that we are never going to be in the media spotlight because the media loves superstars. Superstars sell stuff and make page visit counts go. Its easier for the average person who doesn't know anything about basketball pay attention to a superstar because they can remember one thing and be semi-familiar with it. Do I like superstar driven things? Absolutely not, not sure many here do. But sadly without a big cultural shift it is here to stay.  It is an undercurrent of pop culture and the me me me attitude you can see everywhere. I for one enjoy being under the radar and surprising people. Most of all I enjoy watching the Hawks (not a single player) dominate all the stars.

I think it will come.   Let's face it it's only been half a season.   If we can maintain elite play through the playoffs we will gain a lot of attention.   Korver, Teague, Millsap, and Horford are all guys who could be wildly popular with casual fans if we are championship caliber.   

• Premium Member

Wall is definitely a better individual player but I am not sure he is more of a winning player than Teague in this system. If Teague had to be the undeniable best player of a team, he will look much worse than Wall.

I'm not sure about that.  Wall is not a good defensive players and the turnovers, well wow

• Premium Member

I think the NBA along with a lot of fans are shocked about this team.  I don't think they can keep this kind of win streak up, but maybe they can.  I do know they have done enough to prove themselves already as a elite team this year.  Most writers and the NBA cant believe they are competing without star players, me included.   Towards the end of the year if we stay in the top 3 of the east we will get some recognition, and being a dangerous playoff team if we win a couple rounds, are due with the NBA and media will come.

I think the NBA along with a lot of fans are shocked about this team.  I don't think they can keep this kind of win streak up, but maybe they can.  I do know they have done enough to prove themselves already as a elite team this year.  Most writers and the NBA cant believe they are competing without star players, me included.   Towards the end of the year if we stay in the top 3 of the east we will get some recognition, and being a dangerous playoff team if we win a couple rounds, are due with the NBA and media will come.