• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official welcome to Hawksquawk for new members and visitors

Sothron

Hello everyone been a hawks fan since early 80s and grew up in Atl. Went to a lot of games at the OMNI. Was a Hawks fan before I was a fan of the Falcons. My dad was an avid sports fan except he wasnt a fan of basketball but he still took me to games. Will never forget a Charity game at the OMNI where Magic Johnson, Spudd Webb, Dominique, Larry Bird etc were all there. I believe it was United Negro College Fund game if anyone else knows what I'm talking about please let me know I would even like to know the date I was a kid so can't recall the date. Ive came to this site for awhile now but there wasn't much activity so I was just a lurker.

Welcome aboard! Was the charity game for united Negro college fund or a mid summer night's classic (Magic's 80's charity games)? Either way, cool stuff, welcome.

Welcome aboard! Was the charity game for united Negro college fund or a mid summer night's classic (Magic's 80's charity games)? Either way, cool stuff, welcome.

I'm pretty sure it was UNCF charity game. It was at the OMNI Magics was always in Inglewood I believe. It was an amazing event I remember Spud dunking over some cheerleaders. Best game I ever went to was Game 5 of the 1989 playoffs against the Bucks will never forget Moses hitting a 3. We lost the game but was my first playoff game for any sport and an amazing experience.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Where'd you get that?  Man those zombies freak me out.

Yeah that makes my skin crawl.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

The zombie thing is from World War Z which was not a good movie but the actual book is great. Like a recommended read from ol' Soth.

Also just to add, gently and politely, that this kinda saying things about a bandwagon is not really needed. New posters don't need to made to feel like they are johnny or janey come lately when they are probably just visitors or lurkers that have decided to start posting. That is awesome and we need more of it :)

• Like 3

• Admin

The zombie thing is from World War Z which was not a good movie but the actual book is great. Like a recommended read from ol' Soth.

Also just to add, gently and politely, that this kinda saying things about a bandwagon is not really needed. New posters don't need to made to feel like they are johnny or janey come lately when they are probably just visitors or lurkers that have decided to start posting. That is awesome and we need more of it :)

the only thing the book and the movie had in common was the name
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Hey Everybody,

Avid Falcons fan and casual Hawks fan until last year.   This year's team gives us hope of having a championship in Atlanta!  Go Hawks!!!

More female fans too!  That's awesome.   So was it the Hawks great basketball or the Falcons horrible football that brought you in?   It's been a rough couple of years for us Falcons fans.

• Like 3