• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official welcome to Hawksquawk for new members and visitors

Sothron

2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

How awesome is that! Is your wife a member of Hawksquawk? I turned my fiancé into a Hawks fan and now she's a rabid fan... Especially her next husband Kyle Korver lol. Welcome to Hawksquawk hope you don't have to endure 30+ years of misery like many of us here have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you don't turn her into a Dolphins fan I'm good. I don't know the lady but nobody deserves that...lol..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from the UK,

Been following the NFl for the last few seasons without affinity to any side. I'm from Shropshire, England. I've recently read the book 'War Room' and was impressed by Thomas Dimitroff and the Julio Jones trade. So I've decided to follow the Falcons and all that goes with it.

I'd love to gleam as much information as I can, so any book recommendations or stories about your support for the team, I'm new to the term 'tailgating' as we have nothing like that with our football (soccer)

Thanks in advance

Pip76

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Pip76 said:

Hello from the UK,

Been following the NFl for the last few seasons without affinity to any side. I'm from Shropshire, England. I've recently read the book 'War Room' and was impressed by Thomas Dimitroff and the Julio Jones trade. So I've decided to follow the Falcons and all that goes with it.

I'd love to gleam as much information as I can, so any book recommendations or stories about your support for the team, I'm new to the term 'tailgating' as we have nothing like that with our football (soccer)

Thanks in advance

Pip76

This forum is dedicated to following the Atlanta Hawks NBA basketball team but we do have a Falcons discussion (it is not nearly as robust as Falcon specific forums but is an area of interest for a good number of posters).

http://hawksquawk.net/community/forum/38-atlanta-falcons-forum/

Welcome to the Squawk!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Pip76 said:

Hello from the UK,

Thanks in advance

Pip76

Welcome!   The tailgating comment is funny to me as I just went with friends from the UK to a Falcons game and we tailgated.   Once we were setup they said "Are we just going to stand in this parking lot and drink beer?"     "Yes!"   That's what tailgating is.   They were not impressed and wanted to find the nearest pub (good luck with that).  

The Falcons (like all Atlanta teams) have a long and often sad history.   Been to the Super Bowl once and got trounced by Denver.   Prior to that we had a wild assortment of "stars" good and bad.   Steve Bartkowski is still a hero here,  Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Deion Sanders,  Leeman Bennett, Jerry Glanville,  June Jones,   William Andrews, Jeff Van Note,  Gerald Riggs.

Here's a good start if you want history:  http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2016/01/01/top-50-falcons-of-last-50-seasons/

Hopefully we'll be good again.  I'm a big believer in Matt Ryan and Julio.   Not so impressed with our coaches but I'm not an expert on offenses by any means.   

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Welcome!   The tailgating comment is funny to me as I just went with friends from the UK to a Falcons game and we tailgated.   Once we were setup they said "Are we just going to stand in this parking lot and drink beer?"     "Yes!"   That's what tailgating is.   They were not impressed and wanted to find the nearest pub (good luck with that).  

The Falcons (like all Atlanta teams) have a long and often sad history.   Been to the Super Bowl once and got trounced by Denver.   Prior to that we had a wild assortment of "stars" good and bad.   Steve Bartkowski is still a hero here,  Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Deion Sanders,  Leeman Bennett, Jerry Glanville,  June Jones,   William Andrews, Jeff Van Note,  Gerald Riggs.

Here's a good start if you want history:  http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2016/01/01/top-50-falcons-of-last-50-seasons/

Hopefully we'll be good again.  I'm a big believer in Matt Ryan and Julio.   Not so impressed with our coaches but I'm not an expert on offenses by any means.   

That is funny.

"So you are just going to grill food and hang out in this parking lot drinking beer with a bunch of fans of the team?"

- Yep.

"Color me unimpressed.  I'm going to stand around in a building with a roof drinking beer surrounded by strangers instead."

-  Ah, much different.  Best of luck with that.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 8:02 PM, au4life23 said:

Hello! I just became a Hawks fan last January and am exited to be on the fourms! 

@au4life23 Tell us a little about yourself and how you became a Hawks fan.

While you are at it, make a new topic or post in an existing on your thoughts of the offseason moves.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@au4life23 Tell us a little about yourself and how you became a Hawks fan.

While you are at it, make a new topic or post in an existing on your thoughts of the offseason moves.

Meanwhile, @JayBirdHawk will get you coffee, tea or any beverage of your choice....

I kid...

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
Just now, StephenHawking said:

Hey I'm the new guy! I've started to read this forum two years ago and always been quiet but I think now its time to take the big stage. Here i am!:airquote:

Welcome, Sir Hawking! It's great to have you officially on board. Dive right on in!

~lw3

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Hey I'm the new guy! I've started to read this forum two years ago and always been quiet but I think now its time to take the big stage. Here i am!:airquote:

Like I tell all the newbies.  Hang on tight...you are in for the ride of your life.

Welcome @StephenHawking.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

So are you in Germany?   (I'm guessing that's what those flags above are names are).     Dennis has brought a lot of German fans.   Prost!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Yes I am german and yes Im a Hawksfan due to Dennis' Draft. 

Honestly my overall interest in basketball started with Dennis.

Welcome aboard!

Hi guys ! 

I'm a french fan and that's my first post on this forum :) 
Are there things I should know before really getting started with this forum ? 

I don't think i'll be there often as I already have a french forum with a lot of other franchise's fan (we're like 10 hawks fan out of 500), but I'll be glad to discuss and share with you ! 

Personally I'm an engineering student in IT, and I'm looking for an internship abroad (Atlanta would be the must) so... If you know something that could interest me, I'd be glad knowing it too :) 

See you guys and hope game tonight against the Rockets will be great after those 2 tough losses ! 

#TrueToAtlanta and GO HAWKS ! 

Hawkydoky

• Like 3

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Hawkydoky said:

Hi guys ! 

I don't think i'll be there often as I already have a french forum with a lot of other franchise's fan (we're like 10 hawks fan out of 500), but I'll be glad to discuss and share with you ! 

Personally I'm an engineering student in IT, and I'm looking for an internship abroad (Atlanta would be the must) so... If you know something that could interest me, I'd be glad knowing it too :) 

See you guys and hope game tonight against the Rockets will be great after those 2 tough losses ! 

Hawkydoky

Bienvenue!

You'll find our community guidelines here:

http://hawksquawk.net/community/guidelines/

Otherwise, jump right in! I don't know of specific jobs here, but IT continues expanding here in ATL. Bonne chance!

~lw3

3 hours ago, Hawkydoky said:

Hi guys ! 

Hawkydoky

@Hawkydoky Welcome.

Join us for the in game chat if you dare. It's a 'hoot n a half'.