• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Bulls

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

This is not a win to be downplayed.  We have taken the ones that the media crowned King and we dismantled them.  A flogging in their home arena.  It's hard to learn from wins but our team has to learn from these wins because you have to believe that these teams we are beating now will go back to the film and try to find new ways to attack us.  I don't think the Bulls are the Wiz or the Raptors will lay down the next time they play us, so we have to be at a point when we can make them feel that there is no hope the next time they play us.

• Like 3

We need Zach Lowe to write more articles on the Hawks. Horford's averaging 22/8/6 on 84% shooting since the superstar article.

Well Damn. The one swat he had (it could've been Sap) on Rose late after he knifed through the lane and seemingly had an easy layup got me out my seat. That and Thabo's baseline fade away were those crunch time plays all the pundits seem to think we can't make. Late game execution and poise is only our hallmark, clowns.

The team is humming along so smoothly, I'm sure there are things in the stat sheets they don't even realize and are taken aback when the staff points it out. Most coaches have to harp on turnovers, these guys have subconsciously kept them below our average and in single digits for pretty much this whole stretch. It's like they're computers and winning ways have been installed on their hard drives.

The System for our players is like reading " Cat in the Hat." For our opponents, it might as well be astrophysics written in ancient mandarin.

And isn't it officially time for Thibudeaus seat to warm up? They still don't have a flow on offense, yet his trademark vaunted defense had slipped to the middle of the pack. I know Noah's been in and out, and IDGAF.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Thibs grinds his guys into the ground.  Bud is matching up against the team that a lot of experts says is the class of the East even with Atlanta's better record.  On the road.  Matching up against the PG that is supposed to be MVP quality.

Bud sits his breakout sophmore, defensive stud PG for rest.

Smokes the hometown favorites anyway.

meme1.jpg

Edited by AHF
  • Like 2

One of the coolest things IMO is the way Jeff Teague is playing.  Now let's be honest - Jeff used to be a kind of "me vs him" G and it was like game within a game for him (from what I saw as a non-pro observer).  If Jeff was getting the best of his opponent PG he would have a great game, if not he would complain to the refs, become a wall-flower, throw lazy passes and pout.

I guess a Leopard actually CAN change his spots.  The guy is terrific now and he is playing real team ball.  He has also improved his three point shot immensely.

Our guys must practice a LOT of three point shots.  Some of it may just be wanting to keep up with Kyle in practice.  Can you imagine the show Kyle can put on just messing around before or after official practice with nobody guarding him?  When I was in High School we had a PG who was a dead-eye shooter.  He was basically 50%+ of our offense (before the 3-point line was adopted).  I was hanging around the gym one day and he was betting one of the other guys on the team that he could make a shot from the half court line (no backboard) - they bet and he made three in a row.

I bet Kyle can do some insane stuff when he is just messing around - that has to rub off read.gif

...P.S....and how does Paul Millsap come here from Utah - where he never shot threes - and quickly become a fairly good three point shooter?  Very good for a PF who also plays inside.

It's a conundrum.

I mean if one guy improved his three point shooting we would logically think that he has been putting in extra work on his own.  When three or four guys on the team improve noticeably you have to figure it's something else.

Edited by DJlaysitup

...P.S....and how does Paul Millsap come here from Utah - where he never shot threes - and quickly become a fairly good three point shooter? Very good for a PF who also plays inside.

It's a conundrum.

And that conundrum is named Bud..;-)

And that conundrum is named Bud..;-)

Yeah Spud...it's weird...as a long suffering Hawks fan I almost feel like this isn't my team anymore.  I know that sounds odd, but I became so used to things being done relatively poorly that it's hard to get one's head around what is happening now. man_in_love.gif

Yeah Spud...it's weird...as a long suffering Hawks fan I almost feel like this isn't my team anymore. I know that sounds odd, but I became so used to things being done relatively poorly that it's hard to get one's head around what is happening now. man_in_love.gif

Agreed. I am so used to not winning and always having so many issues with the Hawks that I feel like I'm in new territory with this. I love it to death though, but finally seeing the nba from a winning perspective and it feels so damn good. 29 years of losing, even as a fan can screw with ur mind.

Some funny, interesting Bulls fans quotes

Kirk is known as "The Craptain"

"Kyle is like that psycho boyfriend: leave him, he'll kill you"

There's a slim chance it was actually Supes, but someone drew a Karl Malone comparison to Al.

Many of them want Thibs gone for his lineups (Hinrich over Snell for example) and free-falling defense.

Taj, known as an energy guy around the league, seems to have inconsistent effort according to them. They're talking about KG helping their slow/ injury prone frontcourt. Really?

And why do Bulls fans hate Elton so much?

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

At the end of the game last night the Bulls announcers were also talking about how the Hawks won't be able to handle the Bulls in a seven game series because of their size. They said you can steal a game in the regular season but not win a series in the playoffs. Granted, the Bulls are a good team (and I really wish we would have often pau gasol), but I don't think it will be that simple for them to win just because they have "size".