• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Danny Ferry mega thread

• Premium Member

Just to have to repeat my astonishment that Ferry has not been brought back yet. I know they said they are leaving it to the new owners to decide his fate but FFS really? The man should be with this team he brought together with the coach he hand picked.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Bud? This vote's NOT for you!

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/hawks-budenholzer-finishes-third-in-nba-executive-/nk7GG/

Warriors general manager Bob Myers was named the NBA Executive of the Year, the league announced Friday.

Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer, who is serving has the head of basketball operations in the absence of general manager Danny Ferry, finished third. He received four first-place, five second-place and one third-place votes for a total of 36 points.

Myers had 82 points with 13 first-place, five second-place and two third-place votes. In his third season as general manager, Myers presided over a roster with NBA’s best record (67-15) and the most successful regular season in franchise history.

Cavaliers general manager David Griffin finished second with 69 points.

A panel of 30 NBA executives voted on the award giving five points for each first-place, three points for each second-place and one point for each third-place vote.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• 2 weeks later...

I sure would like to see Ferry back with the Hawks SOON!  I think he had a BIG hand in putting this team together!  I think it would be nice to see him be able to be the enjoy the Hawks success with the team!

Yup. I remember certain posters saying no way ferry shqoukd be brought back when we were struggling in the brooklyn series. Well what do you say now?

Its as simple as this, you are against the Hawks if you are against Ferry returning.

• Like 1

Yup. I remember certain posters saying no way ferry shqoukd be brought back when we were struggling in the brooklyn series. Well what do you say now?

Its as simple as this, you are against the Hawks if you are against Ferry returning.

Yep if we ditch Ferry it would be the dumbest decision this organization has made in a plethora of dumb decisions

I am against him coming back for one reason. With the system of white supremacy already kicking Black ppl ass globally, you go and say this stupid sh*t. Nope, I been thinking about it and I just can't accept him, no NBA team will. 

I am against him coming back for one reason. With the system of white supremacy already kicking Black ppl ass globally, you go and say this stupid sh*t. Nope, I been thinking about it and I just can't accept him, no NBA team will.

What he said was directed more at Africans though. I don't think it was a statement all black Americans should get offended by.

It IS insignificant "stupid shit" he said. And this "white supremacy" bullshit needs to be taken to the political board.

The home court forum is about Hawks basketball and Hawks basketball is about WINNING GAMES!

• Like 1

It IS insignificant "stupid shit" he said. And this "white supremacy" bullshit needs to be taken to the political board.

The home court forum is about Hawks basketball and Hawks basketball is about WINNING GAMES!

Winning games is not close to as important as making decision based on the person and not the race. He is in a decision making position. So will he not want any Blacks who are highly talented and qualified due to stereotypes instead of performance. That's why White supremacy is stronger now than ever, lack of opportunities from all levels based on stereotypes, hatred and foolishness. Saying this is about Basketball would be true if he didn't think or say what he did. 

What he said was directed more at Africans though. I don't think it was a statement all black Americans should get offended by.

All Blacks should be offended. 

Winning games is not close to as important as making decision based on the person and not the race. He is in a decision making position. So will he not want any Blacks who are highly talented and qualified due to stereotypes instead of performance. That's why White supremacy is stronger now than ever, lack of opportunities from all levels based on stereotypes, hatred and foolishness. Saying this is about Basketball would be true if he didn't think or say what he did. 

All Blacks should be offended. 

So how do you explain him offering a contract to Deng then if you are trying to imply that Ferry is some racist who will not hire blacks.

Complete nonsense. 

So how do you explain him offering a contract to Deng then if you are trying to imply that Ferry is some racist who will not hire blacks.

Complete nonsense. 

Deng is a product like every player in the NBA, hiring ppl under you like Wes Wilcox is important and they aren't products but employees to help the organization which is where race becomes a major issue. Then you have banks, government, etc for starting businesses and companies. Look how many Black billionaires exist that don't entertain. None outside of Africa. This the global problem and what Ferry did is more of the norm than the exception. He just got caught. 

• Moderators

I just can't accept him, no NBA team will. 

This is the least probable line in the post.  The moment Ferry departs the Hawks he will be employed by an NBA club.  Probably the Spurs.

• Like 2