• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seattle So Very Stupid

AHF

• Moderators

How do you throw the ball on 2nd and 1 yard to win?  That is just so very, very dumb.  You have a timeout you can use to stop the clock.  Your RB is averaging 4 yards a carry and just got his normal 4 yards on the last play.  The only disaster on that play is a turnover.  And you throw the ball??

Wow.  Just so very stupid.

I will say the DB blew the receiver up before get got the ball, but you can't count on a call to save you there.  In fact, you can pretty much count on the refs swallowing their whistle unless the play is beyond question and that one wasn't.  The play call is just so stupid, though.  Wow.  Just brutal.  Thank goodness we are getting the Seahawks DC because I would be scratching my head at us hiring their OC after that debacle.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 3

• Moderators
  • Like 2

I don't really like either team.  To me, the lesser of two evils won.

Whoever called that last play for the Sea Hawks now knows that

he made a stupid mistake, doesn't he.

Great game until that point and a miracle for those of us that wanted

the Pats to win.

Now, we Falcons fans can settle down and wait for next season.

GO FALCONS!!

• Moderators

It took we a while to remind myself that it wasn't an Atlanta team and I really didn't care that much.   It was such an Atlanta way to go.  Hopefully the Hawks are changing that culture.  

Still it's a little hard to believe.  Wilson deserves some criticism there too.   He could have seen how congested it was and just heaved it into the stands.  Only 2nd down.

• Like 2

I'd rather lose by 30 in a title game than the way the Seahawks just did. At least when you get beat up, you can just give credit to the opponents and move on. But to lose like that...well, you'll remember that 2nd and goal when you're 79 and someone is changing out your bedpan.

In my years of officiating football games, I've never seen a play call like that before with the game on the line. Not in rec league. Not in middle school. Not in high school. Not in any high school playoff games. Not even in college. I've seen a lot lesser running backs find a way in the end zone than Marshawn Lynch. To have a guy like that in your backfield and resort to a quick slant instead...well, you might as well replay the Jim Leyritz homer in Game 4 of the '96 Series, White to Pearson in 1980, or Isiah's miracle shot in the '87 playoffs. I'm not a Seahawks fan at all but that was painful to watch...

• Like 1