• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I wrote 2,000 words about Mike Scott.

DatWerkk

If you have some time on your hands I'd love for you to take a look at this piece I put together on Mike Scott and tell me what you think. Do you think the analysis is good (spoiler alert: I like Mike Scott)? Is there anything about the format that you love or hate? Tear it apart! I'm looking to get back into writing more frequently, so any and all feedback is appreciated.

http://tomamerica.com/who-is-mike-scott-dunks-and-basketball-vol-1/

I'd post the whole thing here but, well, it's 2,000+ words. :laugh:

• Like 4

Scotty is a good 2nd string player - undersized but hustles - I wouldn't expect him to be much of a key player when it comes to the playoffs....but you never know.

6-8, medium wingspan at best, and not a big leaper is not the recipe for a v. good PF. Kind of a tweener - but a good guy to have on our team...he can do good in the mix if he plays within himself and doesn't get carried away when he makes a shot...we don't want "heat checks" from Scotty in the playoffs.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Outstanding read. "Who the f$@k is Mike Scott?" should be a thing, I've seen it typed so many times, probably spoken over 100,000. Mike is playing a little better than I thought, but still a little below my expectations.

His limits defensively cut about 5-7 minutes off what he should be playing in Bud's offense. When he gets it cooking, though, he's such a joy to watch. I'm gonna need him to stop fearing shot blocking so much and take his time to finish when he has it.

Edited by benhillboy

"Would I ever turn blue? Hell no I can't turn blue."

“Blacks don't f'ing blush.”

- Leon @Spud2Nique

4:17 in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVqDxLiT36s

Dude, I don't think I've seen season 8...omg a lot of that was new...except for Michael J. Fox with the shakes...@Dolfan23

Loved the article. I really enjoyed the analysis around the reasons for overlooking him at the NBA draft combine. 

In fact I seem to enjoy more stat driven articles written by fans more than anything from the major media outlets (aside from a couple articles from our boy Zach Lowe down at Grantland).

Loved the article. I really enjoyed the analysis around the reasons for overlooking him at the NBA draft combine. 

In fact I seem to enjoy more stat driven articles written by fans more than anything from the major media outlets (aside from a couple articles from our boy Zach Lowe down at Grantland).

Thanks for the feedback. I'm tend to be more of a "what do the numbers say" guy rather than a "what do my eyes tell me" guy, so I hope to write more things that make similar use of numbers and the super sweet charts you can get from places like stats.nba.com or basketball-reference.com. I'm glad you liked it!

• Like 1