• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wonder if you could find any conference-leading team in NBA history who has gotten less national TV time than this one

sturt

I thought the national tv schedule is done prior to a season. I think it is less hate towards the hawks but more of biting your own tail. Be honest who of you wouldnt have signed a paper, that would give the hawks the 4th spot in the east prior to this season? And if you look at it as objective as you can, high flying spectacular basketball looks different than the hawks basketball and i think the latter won´t get you the same tv ratings.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

They set the tv schedule up before the season. I also love it when these talking heads continue to talk about Cle and Chi as being the only two "serious" contenders in the East and the utter, utter disrespect shown to the team that's actually almost has a ten game lead now as the best team in the conference.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

They set the tv schedule up before the season. I also love it when these talking heads continue to talk about Cle and Chi as being the only two "serious" contenders in the East and the utter, utter disrespect shown to the team that's actually almost has a ten game lead now as the best team in the conference.

It's going to be funny when we're in the Finals, and all the pundits and TV personalities are still talking about Cleveland and Chicago.  Of course, there will be a little asterisk beside us in any conversation going forward.  The East was weak, Cleveland didn't have time to gel, Chicago was injured...lol

• Like 2

This is it. This team won 38 games last year.... 

I'm sure they could have tweaked it to give the Hawks a few more games, but you can't expect them to overhaul the schedule when the schedule was made way before.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, watching the Rockets get screwed in overtime '97 Survivor Series style has been interesting...

OMG dude did you SEE that foul on Harden. At a MINIMUM that's a double-tech.  And he's just looking at the ref like, "are you gonna call ANYTHING!?!"  Then he grabs LeBron's arm to force the issue....  NADA. lol

That was one of the most disturbing "no calls" I have ever seen.  Wow.

• Premium Member

They expecting us to lose in the first round.  They expecting us to go down to Charlotte or Indy or Boston.   It's our journey to prove.  Then we have to defeat Cleveland.  It's our Journey to prove.

• Like 1

Wretch, I swear to God if something like that went down at Philips with the Finals on the line to keep the Hawks from winning, a full-scale riot might break out. If they were throwing everything that wasn't nailed down on the field when the Braves got screwed over a few years back, I couldn't fathom what would take place there; especially when the entire city knows that it is not in the league's (or ESPN's or ABC's) best interest to have them in the ECFs and/or Finals to begin with. There wouldn't be enough cops in the building to keep the fans from storming the court.

Anyway, this goes beyond just 'prove it in the playoffs'. Vince Carter was still playing for the Raptors the last time Toronto won a playoff series. The Hawks have been to the second round more recently than the Rockets have. The Whizzed have won one more playoff series over the last thirty seasons than I have. And don't get me started on the lack of playoff experience the Cavs have outside of Lebron and Perkins. I get the fact that the national TV games are set well in advance. But if it were the Lakers or Celtics with this exact same roster having a surprise season like this, there would games being shifted over to NBA-TV overnight to get them on ABC. You wouldn't hear any doubts from the experts on ESPN or TNT about whether they had enough to advance in the postseason; it would be a matter of whether they had it in them to pull another 19-0 out of the hat and go undefeated in the postseason. You can bet on that. But with the Hawks, it's 'well, they still have to prove...'

Something tells me that the mainstream basketball media is going to end up disappointed come June. Very disappointed...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 2

This is it. This team won 38 games last year.... 

I'm sure they could have tweaked it to give the Hawks a few more games, but you can't expect them to overhaul the schedule when the schedule was made way before.

That theory goes out the window when you realize Memphis only had 1 nationally televised game

More national tv means less Bob&Dominique and more Jon Barry (yikes...) I totally love the lack of respect and attention we get, I hope it continues all the way to conference finals.

I'm at a point now where less Nique is a good thing. Seriously if they could shrink him and let him sit on Bob's shoulder and eat crackers and squawk he'd be just as valuable as he is now to the broadcast. 

• Like 2