• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith being "J Smoove"

gsuteke

• Admin

That dumbass literally kept us in the game just long enough to win it in the end.

When he hit that first 3 pointer on a bullshit bounce I knew the game was ours.

he is effective inside and he still doesn't take advantage of it... Man I am glad he is not on this roster
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

Yep.  He still doesn't get it.  Josh's boneheaded play, among other things, really held us back.  I love that we got this win and that he had to listen to a REAL crowd support the team.

I wonder if he'll ever figure it out....

• Like 1

Still like Josh for what he did when he was here.  Lets face it even if he learned to play to his strengths we still wouldn't have done anything in the playoffs

With that said it's great seeing him do the same crap and get upset on another team though

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I don't hate Josh. I understand his frustration with the fans from his perspective. I can tell it stings when he gets booed like he has in his games at Phillips and he was trying to 'shut the fans up' like any competitor would do. He let his emotions get the best of him tonight and it hurt his team. He got pulled, but the damage was done. I could have done without some of the shade thrown his way by Bob and Nique to be completely honest. You have to keep it professional. Excellent win though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I never hated Josh...but I hated the way he wasted his potential.  I put a lot of blame on Woodson for that, but Josh is his own worst enemy.  How he still hasn't figured out that his 3pt shot is terrible is beyond me.  

It's kind of sad to see the fans boo him like that, but at the same time...he has earned every bit of it.  Josh could have made us special if he had played the game he was gifted with.

• Like 4

I never hated Josh...but I hated the way he wasted his potential.  I put a lot of blame on Woodson for that, but Josh is his own worst enemy.  How he still hasn't figured out that his 3pt shot is terrible is beyond me.  

It's kind of sad to see the fans boo him like that, but at the same time...he has earned every bit of it.  Josh could have made us special if he had played the game he was gifted with.

Josh was the reason we would get manhandled on the road. NO QUESTION about it.

Edited by ChipShot

I never hated Josh...but I hated the way he wasted his potential. I put a lot of blame on Woodson for that, but Josh is his own worst enemy. How he still hasn't figured out that his 3pt shot is terrible is beyond me.

It's kind of sad to see the fans boo him like that, but at the same time...he has earned every bit of it. Josh could have made us special if he had played the game he was gifted with.

Why do you feel it was "sad to see the fans boo him like that" when he was antagonizing them by both telling them to be quiet when he made a 3 pointer 20% of the time and reinforcing their ill will towards him as a former player at the same time by taking stupid shots?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Why do you feel it was "sad to see the fans boo him like that" when he was antagonizing them by both telling them to be quiet when he made a 3 pointer 20% of the time and reinforcing their ill will towards him as a former player at the same time by taking stupid shots?

Well, I wasn't clear, but I was referencing how they immediately started booing him the second he got in the game and touched the ball.  I didn't see the exchange he had on the 3pt attempt...but like I said, he has earned the boo-birds.  It's a typical example of how he just doesn't get it...and it boggles my mind more than anything.  

Like...how does he NOT get it at this point?

I love the dynamic between he and the crowd, it's unique to Phillips. He represents the treadmill no one wanted to pay to see. It certainly energized the team and I'm sure Bud spoke on it in the huddle.

Edited by benhillboy

It kinda is, Josh has never shit on the Hawks in the media in fact he had some nice things to say before the game. http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/smith-has-high-praise-for-hawks-budenholzer/nkM9F/I think its hilarious when the crowd cheers when he bricks but you better be able to take some trash talking back. Also I think we need to humble ourselves a little bit. I like this recent resurgence too but we are still unproven in the playoffs. How will that make us look  if this team can't even get as far as the Iso Joe hawks and we win like 60 games.

Well, I wasn't clear, but I was referencing how they immediately started booing him the second he got in the game and touched the ball. I didn't see the exchange he had on the 3pt attempt...but like I said, he has earned the boo-birds. It's a typical example of how he just doesn't get it...and it boggles my mind more than anything.

Like...how does he NOT get it at this point?

I think Josh Smith is the type of player that will make a lot of money but never win anything at the professional level. He was dragging down the organization.