• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sixth man of the Year Candidate

I would even argue that he could be a candidate for most improved, but his year-over-year stats improvement doesn't pop out at you because he's still coming off the bench. He could probably average 18-10 for a team like the Sixers.

It's unbelievable how much his jumpshot improved in just one off-season:

Jumpshots:

2013-2014: 26/96 (27%)

2014-2015: 82/219 (37.4%)

10% improvement and what will end up being about 2.5x the volume!

• Like 2

Can someone post a comparison of Dennis' stats adjacent to Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford and Isaiah Thompson.

Would like to see how he compares.

I think the NBA is still figuring out what to make of him and our team. They're finally starting to realize we're great, but know these parts wouldnt be anywhere near as good separated. With us Dennis is a fringe All-Star talent becuse Bud sees the game like the Oracle in the Matrix. With anyone else he'd just be a serviceable backup with ups and downs depending on the matchups. So far Kyle Lowry is the only guy who can say he gets the best of Dennis as far as I can recall because he sprints to the post immediately.

I personally don't want him to get any recognition. Let him stay incognito until the Finals where he could be 1 of 4 MVP candidates on this squadron.

Edited by benhillboy

We need to resign him first. Then he can win all the 6th man, MVP, all-stars, etc that he wants. Rookie contracts are 4 years, correct? Is it possible to extend before the end of that contract?

Can someone post a comparison of Dennis' stats adjacent to Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford and Isaiah Thompson.

Would like to see how he compares.

No Prob, i add Nick Young to it since i wasn't sure how well he had done - but he shouldn't be part of the discussion like Dennis.

I guess if you just look at the last month and maybe the first 10 games this season he might be a candidate, over the whole season Lou and Crawford are clearly better.

• Premium Member

It'll probably go to Jamal or Lou and that's a shame because what Dennis brings off the bench is such a luxury. There's no drop off when our All Star floor general goes to the bench. How many teams can say that?

I think it will be a three man race between him, Lou Williams, and Jamal.   I think Jamal is actually falling out of the race.

MIP will be a race between Dennis, Teague, Draymond Green, and Lou Williams.

I think Lou Williams gets 6th Man and Draymond Green gets MIP.. however, I'm not putting either of our guys out of the running.

I think though Dennis has more of an impact than Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford. Dennis brings the key ingredient of bench consistency to a recipe that has created a franchise record of wins and god knows where else that recipe takes us.

Lou and Jamal have some nicer stats, but all they really do is be heat-checked and if they are not hot, someone else on their team gets their shots.

I also think somewhat that Dennis has inspired allot of that Hawks defense the way he goes about. Like when these bulldozer guys see that scrappy little fellow from Germany go for it around the perimeter, then you dont want to look half-stepping things on defense.

He's more than just shooting, hence stats...

Edited by DS17Fanboy

• Premium Member

I think though Dennis has more of an impact than Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford. Dennis brings the key ingredient of bench consistency to a recipe that has created a franchise record of wins and god knows where else that recipe takes us.

Lou and Jamal have some nicer stats, but all they really do is be heat-checked and if they are not hot, someone else on their team gets their shots.

I also think somewhat that Dennis has inspired allot of that Hawks defense the way he goes about. Like when these bulldozer guys see that scrappy little fellow from Germany go for it around the perimeter, then you dont want to look half-stepping things on defense.

Nah.

Lou Williams has done a herculean effort in Toronto.  When they lost their captain DeRozen, nobody thought that they could stay afloat.  Well, Williams took over off the bench and made such a difference.  They really didn't lose footing in the East.  That's impact for sure.

If Teague would have went out it would be the same story. Dennis won all his 6 games as a starter, of which most where contenders.

And Toronto wont go anywhere in the playoffs passed the second round.

I really would like to see one of theese awards in Dennis' hands but...

MIP goes to Butler - 2nd year players coming from the bench doesn't get this award.

6th man often goes to a bench volume scorer instead to a guy like Dennis who does a lot more but lesser scoring... So that will likely go to Lou

Still, Hawks got 4 all-stars based on their actual play instead of stats. Maybe this Silver guy is mixing things up a bit also in this regard. Going for more euro-ball, expanding markets, legalizing gambling etc.

Based from what we currently see from Dennis(I would be suprised), I wouldnt be upset to see Dennis take that award.to_keep_order.gif

That being said, that would be awesome to have so many hawks getting recognized. Now we only need a Junkyard Award(srsly). Easy win.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

That being said, that would be awesome to have so many hawks getting recognized. Now we only need a Junkyard Award(srsly). Easy win.

DMC getting on an All-Defensive team would make me happiest. I think it's unlikely, but I was thrilled to see ESPN showcase his game against LeBron so thoroughly. He deserves some recognition for all he's done. 

Still, Hawks got 4 all-stars based on their actual play instead of stats. Maybe this Silver guy is mixing things up a bit also in this regard. Going for more euro-ball, expanding markets, legalizing gambling etc.

Based from what we currently see from Dennis(I would be suprised), I wouldnt be upset to see Dennis take that award.to_keep_order.gif

Those 4 guys had good stats, which stastical good and not unsuccesful player got overlooked in the east knight and Valuncinas but did they had (much) better stats then teague and horf? And succes always matters a bit too.

The dennis from the last game would be a candidate for the sixth men, but i doubt they overlook the first part of the season when it comes to voting. With a big conspiracy he could get it, when they decide that such a succesfull team needs an individual award, but then we need to be clearly in front of memphis and gs.

Nah.

Lou Williams has done a herculean effort in Toronto.  When they lost their captain DeRozen, nobody thought that they could stay afloat.  Well, Williams took over off the bench and made such a difference.  They really didn't lose footing in the East.  That's impact for sure.

Didn't lose footing? They were like 4-5 games up on us when he went down and down by at least that much when he got back. They pretty much fell of a damn cliff when he got hurt, which should be expected. Lou did nothing to stop that either.