• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - 76ers

lethalweapon3

The big picture is that you have a shot at home court advantage throughout the playoffs.

That is the big picture.

No NBA team has ever won a ring in March..that's a fact. Also there are 20 games left. Also we are the best road team. Also you want to head into the playoffs without your key guys on EMPTY... Nuff said

Yeah, come up with silly questions like this since you can't really address the post.

Tired of shit like this.

Yeah we lost. I'll live. If Bud resting players helps get us to the Finals, I don't really care if it costs us home court. That's not to say it isn't important, but it's nothing to get mad about. You're acting like he rested players against Golden State. Ee fielded a competitive team and lost, move on to the next game.

Yeah we lost. I'll live. If Bud resting players helps get us to the Finals, I don't really care if it costs us home court. That's not to say it isn't important, but it's nothing to get mad about. You're acting like he rested players against Golden State. Ee fielded a competitive team and lost, move on to the next game.

Losing potential home court throughout the playoffs is something to get mad about.

All to sit players that don't want to sitting.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

No NBA team has ever won a ring in March..that's a fact. Also there are 20 games left. Also we are the best road team. Also you want to head into the playoffs without your key guys on EMPTY... Nuff said

Potential home court advantage throughout the playoffs... LOST.

They haven't had a quality road win since they beat Chicago on Jan 17th. That was almost 2 months ago.

Potential home court advantage throughout the playoffs... LOST.

They haven't had a quality road win since they beat Chicago on Jan 17th. That was almost 2 months ago.

Yeah I can feel the title chances slipping from our grasp... Get a grip. This team is fine. We still get to play the Warriors at the Oracle so we'll have a chance to "redeem" ourselves.

The Hawks have home court advantage sewn up in the East barring an epic collapse. If they don't finish with the best record in the league, they'll have the second best. If the Hawks make it to the finals, I'm fine with having to win a game on the road in order to ensure fresh legs in the playoffs. It's the Spurs playbook. Do you think the Spurs would have 6 titles instead of 5 if they didn't do the same thing?

• Like 1

Chill out fam.

• Premium Member

Yeah, with a 10 game lead in the East nonetheless. Who cares about this game. Hawks lost with starters resting. This loss means nothing!

This may not be completely true.  This lost kinda proves that we do lack a little depth in certain area..Like center and for now until Thabo gets back, Small forward.

Tim Duncan and Mano are 39 and 35 years old. That's why they get rest.

The team just had a near 2 week all star break.

What about the Miami teams that won titles and did the same thing? What about the Celtics before them?

This is strategic. We're not trying to get into the playoffs, we're trying to win a championship. The Hawks have done this all season long, mostly ending up winning. We're going to freak because they did it this time and lost? That's insane.

And why shouldn't we trust Coach Bud blindly? All he's done is completely transform the franchise.

• Like 3

What about the Miami teams that won titles and did the same thing? What about the Celtics before them?

This is strategic. We're not trying to get into the playoffs, we're trying to win a championship. The Hawks have done this all season long, mostly ending up winning. We're going to freak because they did it this time and lost? That's insane.

And why shouldn't we trust Coach Bud blindly? All he's done is completely transform the franchise.

Those Celtic teams were aging also. C'mon dude.

I don't remember Miami doing it all that much. But they knew they could get the finals and win on the road in the playoffs. This team hasn't proven that. This team needs any advantage that it can get.

They just had nearly two weeks of rest.

But, we're just not going to agree on this.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Every team does this now, though! You don't have to like it, but they wouldn't do it if it didn't work. And you can't say nothing matters in the regular season one day and then knock the team for trying to preserve their players for the playoffs the next.

• Like 1