• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Suns

lethalweapon3

Last night felt like a GREAT win, maybe top 5 win of our season so far. I credit Dennis for the win for taking over the game for about 10 really critical minutes late in the third and into the fourth. 11/4/6 with 2 steals in 23 minutes.

Suns announcers were very complimentary of our team, and Kyle and Dennis in particular.

By the way, the return on investment we are getting on our 2 yr/$4 million contract with Kent Bazemore is absurd.

• Like 1

Great comeback win.

I take no issue with Dennis. Sometimes a team needs that. As long as it's not an every game thing, which it isn't, I'm good.

I like his moxie.

Coach Kerr is a moron.  He is willingly throwing away homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs to rest guys that don't need a rest.   How dare he display such arrogance and disrespect for the game by resting 3 starters and his 6th man?  This just proves that the Warriors have a lack of depth and need help at PG,SG, SF, and C.  What have the Warriors ever won anyway to be using this strategy?  They are acting like they already have 5 championships under their belt...or 5 championship belts.  The average age of their team is 26, they don't need rest like a 35 year old!  There were Warrior fans in Denver that took their kids to the game.  All they wanted was for them to see their favorite players, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, and maybe their team win but instead they had to endure jeers from Nuggets fans as their bottom feeding team beat them and now their kids will be disappointed for life.  If anything, resting guys only puts more pressure on Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green to carry the team and increases their chance for injury.  Loss was especially awful because the Warriors haven't had a quality road win since Jan. 17th. against the Rockets.  Man, I sure remember Bird, Magic and Jordan needing rest.  This league is pathetic.  And oh yea, coach Kerr is a moron, the Hawks have had the 3rd best record since the All Star break while the Warriors have had the 5th best record.  If this moron keeps throwing away games like this they will surely lose any chance at homecourt through the playoffs and will have to win on the road against the Hawks in the finals.

Honestly, the Warriors haven't won anything yet.

Many still have doubts about them. 

The Warriors have beaten the Clippers and Toronto since Jan 17th... So, nice try... But your attempt to throw stuff back up at me is a failure and it doesn't change the fact that the NBA is becoming more and more of a p*ssy league.

And honestly, GS atleast came back and nearly won the game with the backups. The hawks starters got smacked in the mouth and folded.

But hey... Never question anything. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981

That was a nice finish, but Dennis has to quit that stuff.

I personally love what he did. He's not gonna back down from anyone and he'll let the league know it. Remember how he got into LeBron's head during the last CLE game? Dennis's cockiness and toughness brings a unique element that we need. MJ had the same kind of personality. He'd get into his match-up's head with the talk and make him think it was a one-one competition between them two. That completely took away his opponent's whole team aspect. Dennis can do the same with his irritating play on defense. 

I personally love what he did. He's not gonna back down from anyone and he'll let the league know it. Remember how he got into LeBron's head during the last CLE game? Dennis's cockiness and toughness brings a unique element that we need. MJ had the same kind of personality. He'd get into his match-up's head with the talk and make him think it was a one-one competition between them two. That completely took away his opponent's whole team aspect. Dennis can do the same with his irritating play on defense. 

Whiteside crapped all over Len a week or two ago and so the Suns should be used to it.

Put me smack dab in the contingent that loves Dennis' edge. It's imperative in the playoffs.

Gotta love that 2:06 game length.

Beating them in paint points was to be expected, but being +8 on fast break points against them was huge along with turning them over.

And it's a long night for any team when Baze is hitting the three. He's turning into exactly what I expected: Gerald Green (who oddly didn't play) with some D. One of the more thunderous perimeter dunkers. Great close to the game, Chicago and GS losses are always good, let's go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Honestly, the Warriors haven't won anything yet.

Many still have doubts about them. 

The Warriors have beaten the Clippers and Toronto since Jan 17th... So, nice try... But your attempt to throw stuff back up at me is a failure and it doesn't change the fact that the NBA is becoming more and more of a p*ssy league.

And honestly, GS atleast came back and nearly won the game with the backups. The hawks starters got smacked in the mouth and folded.

But hey... Never question anything. 

You had no doubts about them.

The Warriors played the Clippers at home (your claimed quality road wins because like, if your ass hat theory included just quality wins you wouldn't have a point against the Hawks) and the Raptors have had the worst record in the NBA since the All Star break so like, you need to readdress what you consider a quality road win.

But hey....always question whether you can make an even more idiotic statement.  It's what allows you to push yourself to new lows.

Oh Crap...he basically lost the game but was rescued. Dennis needs to get his act together or Bud will be playing Mack more as we move towards the playoffs.

He was attempting silly passes into traffic and was turning the ball over a bunch. Basically showing off and it wasn't working.

Lost the game? He only had 3 turnovers. I know 0 would be great but if 3 causes us to lose the game, we must have a bad game more than just him. I actually like the cockiness once in awhile, just don't let it get out of hand.

• Premium Member

I like that Dennis doesn't back down also, but he immediately regretted what he did as soon as Goodwin reacted and bumped in backwards. Dennis even admitted it after the game. He'll learn to let his game do the talking and leave all the other silly stuff out. You don't want to do things that could possibly have a negative impact on your team. In fairness, he was a big part of the rally last night and he's continuing to show why he's the main backup now and will one day be the starter. Dennis has more talent than any other guard on this roster imo. He just needs to keep maturing. Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

You had no doubts about them.

The Warriors played the Clippers at home (your claimed quality road wins because like, if your ass hat theory included just quality wins you wouldn't have a point against the Hawks) and the Raptors have had the worst record in the NBA since the All Star break so like, you need to readdress what you consider a quality road win.

But hey....always question whether you can make an even more idiotic statement.  It's what allows you to push yourself to new lows.

You're correct. That was a home game against the Clippers. My error.

It still does not change the fact that the Hawks haven't had a quality road win in two months.... Last time I looked, Toronto is still above the Bucks in the standings and the Bucks are the strongest team the Hawks have beaten on the road in 2 months. Moreover, since the all star break the Hawks have been destroyed by Toronto and now Denver. 

There was no idiotic statement by me. You wished there were.... But there wasn't.

Honestly though.... I don't have to give a damn how other coaches run their team. I don't have to care if Kerr or Tom, d*ck and Harry rests their starters. That's really not something I'm obligated to be concerned about. I don't watch or follow those teams.

However, I asked why three players were off against Philly when they had just had a week and a half all star break. They just had nearly two f***ing weeks of "rest". Sorry, I'm not just jumping on board with this new pussfied version of the NBA just because you or Saint Bud thinks that I should. If you think that makes me an idiot... Guess what, too bad for what you think. 

First people complain because I don't "believe in the team" and then they bitch when I want to see them win every game just in case they actually make the finals. Silly me wanting the team to have any advantage they can get. What a bunch of crap.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Btw, Golden State wins by an average of 13.6 PPG at home. That's not where you want to play in a game 7.

I'll bet you a donation to squawk that the Warriors won't get to the finals. Let me know.

• Premium Member

Wish I could have seen this game.  I was following the score all night...and would have really liked to have seen that comeback.  Dennis is starting to become my favorite Hawk.  He's so damn cocky and I love it. lol  

It's a beautiful dilemma to have two very good PGs, but at the same time...I don't think the one spot is big enough for the two for them.  Need to keep an eye on Dennis' growth and the market/trade value of both.

• Premium Member

I'll bet you a donation to squawk that the Warriors won't get to the finals. Let me know.

They certainly have a rough road.  

Speaking of Golden State and the finals, I just realized the other day......if another team puts them out, there's a good chance that we'll have homecourt throughout the playoffs.

Coach Kerr is a moron.  He is willingly throwing away homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs to rest guys that don't need a rest.   How dare he display such arrogance and disrespect for the game by resting 3 starters and his 6th man?  This just proves that the Warriors have a lack of depth and need help at PG,SG, SF, and C.  What have the Warriors ever won anyway to be using this strategy?  They are acting like they already have 5 championships under their belt...or 5 championship belts.  The average age of their team is 26, they don't need rest like a 35 year old!  There were Warrior fans in Denver that took their kids to the game.  All they wanted was for them to see their favorite players, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, and maybe their team win but instead they had to endure jeers from Nuggets fans as their bottom feeding team beat them and now their kids will be disappointed for life.  If anything, resting guys only puts more pressure on Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green to carry the team and increases their chance for injury.  Loss was especially awful because the Warriors haven't had a quality road win since Jan. 17th. against the Rockets.  Man, I sure remember Bird, Magic and Jordan needing rest.  This league is pathetic.  And oh yea, coach Kerr is a moron, the Hawks have had the 3rd best record since the All Star break while the Warriors have had the 5th best record.  If this moron keeps throwing away games like this they will surely lose any chance at homecourt through the playoffs and will have to win on the road against the Hawks in the finals.

Nominated for Post of the Month

peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif       clapping.gifline%20dance.gif

Oh Crap...he basically lost the game but was rescued.  Dennis needs to get his act together or Bud will be playing Mack more as we move towards the playoffs.

He was attempting silly passes into traffic and was turning the ball over a bunch.  Basically showing off and it wasn't working.

I like you man, but what are you talking about again about Dennis? And whats with the return of the Mack talk you got going lately?

Havent you seen the stats displayed during the Phoenix game(14 points, 7 assists, 53% 3pt% last 10 games or whatever)? Dennis in no way shows that he should be subbed, nor did he in this game. He kept Teague on the bench for a long time again last night, and that isnt because Bud contemplates Mack getting Dennis's minutes. Its because Dennis is a positive factor. Specially last night Teague looked off at stretches, and Dennis actually took charge twice in the game. In the first building a small lead, and in the 3rd by evening out a 7 point deficit. He only made one kind of really bad TO with that pass on Horford in that two-man-game situation that  gotten the Hawks allot of succes last night in other situations.

Maybe you are the happy go lucky type that wants all people to show what they got soley trough play, and fair play at that. But thats just not how this world works, and pro sports neither. Its actually an art to be a pain in the ass provocateur and getting away with it. Surely many fans in the NBA will start to hate on Dennis comming years, but they'd also wouldnt mind having him on their roster.

I always said Dennis reminds me of Gary Payton in allot of respects, and this attitude is an integral part of that. And come on man. Give me 80's/90's antics any day over the PR robots with half or more of their stake in commercials and pleasing as many people as possible, spescially soccer moms and other big spenders.

I'd rather have Dennis to please coach Bud and the Atlanta crowd.