• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Dancing Panthers

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Georgia State Wins Sun Belt, First NCAA Berth Since 2001

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — R.J. Hunter, the coach’s son, made two free throws with 21.6 seconds left and Georgia State survived two last-second, 3-point attempts Sunday to beat Georgia Southern 38-36 in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament championship game.

Georgia State (24-9), in its second season in the Sun Belt, will make it third appearance in the NCAA Tournament and first since 2001.

Kevin Ware scored 18 points for Georgia State, the only double-figure scorer in the low-scoring game, while Hunter finished with nine.

Jelani Hewitt had eight points to lead Georgia Southern (22-9).

Hunter was fouled after grabbing an offensive rebound of Ware’s missed jumper. Georgia Southern’s Curtis Diamond missed a 3-point attempt with 7 seconds left but tracked down the rebound and called a timeout as he jumped out of bounds with 5.1 seconds left. Eric Ferguson took Georgia Southern’s final shot, missing from the left side.

Georgia State coach Ron Hunter was injured during the celebration after the game and had to be helped off the court. He did return to be with his team as they continued the celebration.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/03/15/georgia-state-wins-sun-belt-first-ncaa-berth-since-2001/

Meanwhile across the street GT has decided to keep our craptastic coach because of the craptastic extension they gave him last season.

Congrats GASt, you get to keep Ron Hunter at least one more year.

Seriously though, I'm rooting for y'all.  Good to see at least one in-state team in the tourney.  Wait, did anyone else make it? russian_roulette.gif

Gosh, no one could break 40?  Well congrats to State.

Yeah, it was a brutal game to watch, but the Panthers pulled it out.  Too bad about CRH busting an Achilles in the post-game celebration.  He won't be dancing anytime soon.

With luck R.J. and the gang will shoot much better against Baylor.  An upset isn't out of the question.

GO PANTHERS !!

wow what a finish, the coach falling out of his chair was funny as hell only because he didnt get hurt. Man did that Hunter kid make play after play just to get them in position to win with that great shot he made at the end. He was like his own video game with those steal and put backs at the end. Sadly for me I can no longer be on the Bandwagon and root for GA ST because Im a Xavier fan and thats who we play next. I expect a great game though and hopefully whichever team wins goes on to beat Arizona  !!!!!!