• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

Chris Vivlamore ‏@CVivlamoreAJC 9m9 minutes ago

Budenholzer said Hawks have no curfew and will not put one in place. #ATLHawks

FOX 5 Atlanta ‏@FOX5Atlanta 11m11 minutes ago

Coach Budenholzer: We will contest these charges and look forward to communicating the facts of the situation at the appropriate time.

• Moderators

Also, from the same report:

I am informed by Police Office Caster, Shield #17276, of the Tenth Precinct that he observed the defendant Thabo Sefolosha run in an aggressive manner towards the direction of Police Officer Daniel Dongvort, Shield #3129, of the Tenth Precinct. I am further informed that he observed that Officer Dongvort’s back was facing the defendant at the time.

So, which "charging" thing happened first? The "they backed up but not enough to my satisfaction" charging, then the "ran in an aggressive manner" charging?

~lw3

IIUC this isn't uncommon as a lot of guys "club" during the season and presumably on game days. I'd be surprised if teammates didn't know or approve of them going out.

UPDATE:

9:40 AM PT -- Antić and Sefolosha left the 10th precinct Wednesday afternoon and are headed to court for their arraignment.

12:30 PM PT -- The two Hawks players were just in court briefly. Each was charged with resisting arrest and Obstructing Government Administration. They were released on their own recognizance and are due back in court on June 16.

12:50 PM PT -- According to the criminal complaint, Antić and Sefolosha were told six times to clear the scene, but would only "move a couple of feet away but refuse to clear the area."

When it came time to arrest Sefolosha, police say he flailed his arms, twisted his body and kicked his legs. It took four people, according to the complaint, to get him into cuffs.

• Moderators

UPDATE:

9:40 AM PT -- Antić and Sefolosha left the 10th precinct Wednesday afternoon and are headed to court for their arraignment.

12:30 PM PT -- The two Hawks players were just in court briefly. Each was charged with resisting arrest and Obstructing Government Administration. They were released on their own recognizance and are due back in court on June 16.

12:50 PM PT -- According to the criminal complaint, Antić and Sefolosha were told six times to clear the scene, but would only "move a couple of feet away but refuse to clear the area."

When it came time to arrest Sefolosha, police say he flailed his arms, twisted his body and kicked his legs. It took four people, according to the complaint, to get him into cuffs.

Whelp, that'll do it.

• Moderators

IIUC this isn't uncommon as a lot of guys "club" during the season and presumably on game days. I'd be surprised if teammates didn't know or approve of them going out.

Based on Bud's no-more-comments comment, that's probably true. It might be an unwritten rule for the yung'uns (say, Dennis) that gets erased for the older players.

I still think common sense should prevail for these guys when they're steppin' out on the second night of a back-to-back.

~lw3

So THABO and PERO wont be back until June 16. Is that a good thing or bad thing? knowing that playoffs is about start.. 

By the way, i just noticed that the the thread i made earlier got locked by moderators about  thabo and pero, if they should get traded or just  get a suspension, bunch of people were flaming at me, i apologized if that thread made some of you guys mad or misunderstood it for some reason, i wasn't trying to hate on Pero and Thabo...  i was just frustrated at them that they went clubbing late in the morning instead preparing for next game. I was not frustated about the whole arrest stuff...

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

Unfortunate situation for sure. Glad everyone will live though. However, I wouldn't blame the other players if they felt some kind of way about these guys mental focus this close to the playoffs. They're both important to the team and now Thabo is injured again (needlessly).

For all we know the other players could have been out somewhere themselves as well . 

Nba players do this all the time. You just don't hear about it unless there is an incidence  

Edited by pimp

Ahh okay thanks, well thank god... i thought they were not allowed to play until june 16th..

The charges are misdemeanors which are likely fines if found guilty.

The NBA waits for cases to be adjudicated before issuing suspensions.

I hope the suspensions wont be too long, Playoffs is getting closer and Hawks need both of them to go far in the playoffs.

they don't go to court until June 16th - right in the middle of the finals. A halfway decent lawyer would get the date pushed back, which means any court decision would be in the summer, meaning the suspension would be next season.

DUIs have gotten a 2 game suspension. They might get 1 game IF guilty.

Edited by JayBirdHawk