• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PETITION: Keep Danny Ferry

sturt

I'll sign when the "exiled one" stands at center court at Philips Arena and publicly apologizes to the fan base, to dismissing the importance of Dominique to this franchise, and to being insensitive toward anyone else affiliated with this organization.

When the going got tough, he ran and hid, instead of facing the music. So I'll sign when he has a full "come to Jesus" moment.

• Like 1

Let's not.

Ferry is 1/4 on first round picks. Jenkins is worthless, Payne and Nogueira were sold for scraps. We could really use Nurkic right about now, but at least we have Minnesota's lottery protected pick that expires in two years instead.

http://hoopshype.com/articles/hoopshype/knicks-had-the-worst-bang-for-the-buck-in-the-nba-this-season

Guess who's First

• Premium Member

Let's not.

Ferry is 1/4 on first round picks. Jenkins is worthless, Payne and Nogueira were sold for scraps. We could really use Nurkic right about now, but at least we have Minnesota's lottery protected pick that expires in two years instead.

Well, yeah. I guess we can set aside all the talk of him being the NBA second coming of Jesus.

But I'm not sure, at least among the human  GMs that you're not going to find some decisions worthy of criticism no matter who you choose to put under the microscope. His track record, turns out, has a whole lotta upside in spite of some downs. No?

• Moderators

Let's not.

With Scott, Moose and Eddy I'd say he has been exceptional in the second round.

• Moderators

I'm just saying I think Ferry is replaceable.

He's made perhaps the best coaching hire in team history. He's put together a team that did more over the regular season than any in Atlanta history.

Not sure how easily replaced that is. The best teams tend to have stability in the GM position. I'm not anxious to see us churn -- especially given Bud's uncertain status in the next couple years.

Edited by AHF

He's made perhaps the best coaching hire in team history. He's put together a team that did more over the regular season than any in Atlanta history.

Not sure how easily replaced that is. The best teams tend to have stability in the GM position. I'm not anxious to see us churn -- especially given Bud's uncertain status in the next couple years.

And he did this in a 3 year period while having to completely tear down the team and then rebuild it while we were thought of as a joke amongst the league.  We should have a better chance at the Gasol's of the world after winning 60 games instead of our usual 38-45.

And he did this in a 3 year period while having to completely tear down the team and then rebuild it while we were thought of as a joke amongst the league. We should have a better chance at the Gasol's of the world after winning 60 games instead of our usual 38-45.

Gasol would murder the Eastern Conference, I'm just leery of his injury history. Bud would enhance his already improved conditioning though.

I want that 2-way wing more so than a C with Edy and Moose already in the fold to be molded. I fear that all 4 of the coveted wings values in these playoffs (Butler, DeMarre, Draymond, and Kawhi) are skyrocketing with each game, likely lowering Matthews'.

Gasol would murder the Eastern Conference, I'm just leery of his injury history. Bud would enhance his already improved conditioning though.

I want that 2-way wing more so than a C with Edy and Moose already in the fold to be molded. I fear that all 4 of the coveted wings values in these playoffs (Butler, DeMarre, Draymond, and Kawhi) are skyrocketing with each game, likely lowering Matthews'.

I would be happy with either. I really just trust bud/ferry to find the missing piece.

When I said the gasols of the world, I was talking about pau turning down our higher offer for chicago. I think we land our guy if the same situation happens this off-season. Players shouldn't spurn our higher offers any longer.

Edited by JETSET

Unbelievable man. This thread went south quick. According to many, this would have been a 60 win season with any GM's vision. Unbelievable. It's very obvious Ferry was exiled and told not to have contact with the media. If given the chance for a public apology, he would IMO.

Edited by Ruckus