• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 3 (3 PM Eastern Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Bonkers has resorted to internet thuggery!!!

Allow me to get out in front and apologize to bonkers and whoever else I called out about negativity. My bad, but I hate it. Not trying to instigate, let's all be chill. It's just one game and beyond that, it's just a game. Go Hawks!

• Like 1

Allow me to get out in front and apologize to bonkers and whoever else I called out about negativity. My bad, but I hate it. Not trying to instigate, let's all be chill. It's just one game and beyond that, it's just a game. Go Hawks!

Being the bigger man. Well played.

• Moderators

Anybody else notice the pace the Hawks' are playing? Both Teague and Schröder were just walking the ball up and taking WAY too much time getting into the offense.

Sap seemed to notice. He was constructively critical of the team's pace in the postgame presser.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Sap seemed to notice. He was constructively critical of the team's pace in the postgame presser.

~lw3

Yep. Which begs the question...why no adjustment during the game on this? You can't afford to give a team like the Nets confidence or you may end up regretting it.

• Premium Member

I absolutely agree. Teague should definitely be traded...we gotta pick one. Dennis is 21. Think of Teague when he was 21 (now 26, 27 in June).

Dennis is the future. Teague has a great contract and is coming off an All-Star season. His value is bloated due to that and the fact that he plays in our system. Trade him in the offseason imo.

Dennis will be a superior (not to mention younger) player than Teague within two years. Neither is a natural shooter, but I'd bet that Dennis's career 3PT% will end up being better than Teague's.

To this point I'll say...I can't neccessarily disagree with you. Far too often, he seems to lack focus and sense of urgency. When he goes thru those spells, it has a negative effect on the other guys on the floor as he has the ball in his hands and is leading the team. Sometimes, missing that many layups can be the iron being unkind, and sometimes it's just not being focused.

That's fine, homie. I'm not trying to fight on the Internet. I just hate seeing this again. Every damn sports team in Atlanta does this in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

We need to move Teague this offseason. He can't finish at the rim to save his life

Teague is allergic to bunnies

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

D Will and Jack both played ~26 minutes.  Jack 's ±17 pts;  D Will's ± 3 pts.

nuff said

As bad as Jeff was,Dennis was probably worse. He missed about as many lay ups and took a lot of bad shots. Sap and DMC were the only two to show up yet it seems as if Jeff is catching all the heat. Kyle was getting killed defensively and couldn't hit shots. Al missed a bunch of shots. The bench was awful. But on here its let Sap walk and trade Jeff. This place is way over the top at times.

• Like 2

As bad as Jeff was,Dennis was probably worse. He missed about as many lay ups and took a lot of bad shots. Sap and DMC were the only two to show up yet it seems as if Jeff is catching all the heat. Kyle was getting killed defensively and couldn't hit shots. Al missed a bunch of shots. The bench was awful. But on here its let Sap walk and trade Jeff. This place is way over the top at times.

Exactly.  Demarre and partly Pero are the only guys who don't deserve criticism for this one.  When talking Teague vs. Dennis, at least Teague had a few halfcourt steals that led to easy points.  That's about the only good thing either one did today.