• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This was not going to be a cakewalk!

Wurider05

We are going to win this series but the Nets are a veteran savvy team. These guys know how to play and they  have a veteran coach. This is not the Celtics or the pelicans. We need a good test in the first round in my opinion. But don't go off on the deep end folks. The nets underachieved this year for sure but they are no slouches.

it is not because they are veteran savvy, they literally tried to give the game back to us in the closing mins and we couldnt take advantage. there are true fundamental flaws with this roster and team.

No true go to guy.

No true shot creator.

Most of your truly great teams have that in one player. Other teams have at least a shot creator that can score the basketball off the dribble.

The closest we have to any of these types of players, is in Millsap.

We are going to win this series but the Nets are a veteran savvy team. These guys know how to play and they  have a veteran coach. This is not the Celtics or the pelicans. We need a good test in the first round in my opinion. But don't go off on the deep end folks. The nets underachieved this year for sure but they are no slouches.

The Pelts would probably sweep this Hawks team right out of the playoffs.

No true go to guy.

No true shot creator.

Most of your truly great teams have that in one player. Other teams have at least a shot creator that can score the basketball off the dribble.

The closest we have to any of these types of players, is in Millsap.

I agree, we dont even need a kevin durant or a LBJ, even a jimmy butler or a kawhi leonard would help this team tremendously!

we also desperately need size too. We have no big that stands a chance to provide any resistance to Lopez. We cant keep rolling out centers that are barely 6,9. I refuse to believe that AL horford and Pero are legit 6,10. 7 footers TOWER over them. When you look at other contenders they have Bogut GSW, Timmy D SAS, Mozgofy or W.e his name CLE, Bulls have Noah and Gasol

Honestly if we lose this series, atleast it gives the new ownership/GM absolutely NO excuse to keep this roster together. I dont want to go through another Josh Smith/Joe Johnson era hawks where we continue to fail to address our main flaws, overpay to keep our own players, we are capped out and we keep getting bounced early in the playoffs

Edited by yungsta

Ferry in the summer, and Bud during the regular season failed to construct this team to match up with anybody.  Our fan base scoffed at the national media when they were telling us that we needed a big.  And the winning stretch in December and January blinded a lot of people.  All that criticism was coming from ex NBA players ( sometimes Hall of Fame players ) who knew what it took to build a championship team. 

Now we're in a situation in which the one team we've dominated in the regular season, has found a way to beat us.  And with Lopez now being the best offensive player in the series, we have a big problem ( no pun intended ).

I still say that Horford is the guy that really needs to elevate is game now, especially on the road.

As for the shot creator, we don't even have a Nate Robinson like shot creator.  I agree with others that we need a big SG or a SF who could get his own shot off the dribble if need be. 

We can't depend on our bigs to set up in the low post and score down on the block, when we need a tough basket.  Horford pretty much refuses to do it, and has failed to develop that part of his game over the years.

Neither Teague nor Schröder, with their low release points on their shots, can rise over their man and make a tough shot.

And while they're trying to do it more often, Korver and Carroll aren't the guys you look toward to create a shot off the bounce.

But it's the defense that is now killing this team.   Bud has to make major adjustments in who he wants to play and how he should defend people, or we may be facing a do or die game in Brooklyn for Game 6.

• Premium Member

Here we go.  We are 2-2 with homecourt against a team that had a strong finish to the regular season and all of a sudden our roster isn't good enough. Now we don't have guys who can step up when we rattled off a 19 game winning streak this season.  Let's save that talk for when and if we lose this series.

Give me a break with all of this ridiculous overreaction.

Edited by SalvorMallow
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

I dont think we will win this series.  We have taken gut shots from Brooklyn and not recovered.  Sap is the only real lowpost player we have and the best player on the team.   Teague came up bitg in the 4th qtr but Bud had him on the bench.  

Play the damn starters!

• Premium Member

Ferry in the summer, and Bud during the regular season failed to construct this team to match up with anybody.  Our fan base scoffed at the national media when they were telling us that we needed a big.  And the winning stretch in December and January blinded a lot of people.  All that criticism was coming from ex NBA players ( sometimes Hall of Fame players ) who knew what it took to build a championship team. 

Now we're in a situation in which the one team we've dominated in the regular season, has found a way to beat us.  And with Lopez now being the best offensive player in the series, we have a big problem ( no pun intended ).

I still say that Horford is the guy that really needs to elevate is game now, especially on the road.

Hmmm... I'd say even the 76ers would have a shot at beating us. Every man has his price, 

Right, refs? Right?

• Like 2

Here we go.  We are 2-2 with homecourt against a team that had a strong finish to the regular season and all of a sudden our roster isn't good enough. Now we don't have guys who can step up when we rattled off a 19 game winning streak this season.  Let's save that talk for when and if we lose this series.

it's been three months since we've seen that team. It's not coming back because it was mostly a bizzare hot streak.

• Premium Member

Settle down people.. settle down...

D. Will had the best Playoff game of his LIFE last night.  Lady Luck and the Lord were on his side.  Odds of that happening again.... small.

However, there are some things that this series is bringing out that we have to address.

Middle defense.

Rebounding (effort).

Bench has to step up.

Hawks have to step up when Kyle is not having a good game.

Settling for bad shots and bad passes (Schröder).

I applaud DMC--Thealltimegreat and the guys who stepped up last night.  We have to do more in Atlanta.  We have a blowout in us.  As I looked, there were a lot of teams who have gone on to win a championship who struggled in the first round.   I think there's a streak.

I think what we are going through is putting us in the right frame of mind for Washington and Cleveland.

No one in this fan base saw the Nets even winning 2 games, let alone possibly winning the series.  But it is clearly evident that we have no one that can contain Brook Lopez.   And one of the things that we've been needing since day 1 ( really since Theo Ratliff left 10+ years ago ), is a rim protecting big man who can maybe alter a few shots around the rim, and possibly guard bigger, talented offensive centers.

Other than a guy who can create offense off the dribble, that's really the only thing left that we needed.

It's not that the roster isn't good enough.  It's that the roster isn't built to handle every possible team we could face.  And without Sefolosha's wing defense and especially his rebounding, it just makes our potential roster flaw that much greater.

Horford is the guy who has to really step up now.  Don't let Lopez control the game and the boards.  Play like a big man, and not like a big SF.

Settle down people.. settle down...

D. Will had the best Playoff game of his LIFE last night.  Lady Luck and the Lord were on his side.  Odds of that happening again.... small.

However, there are some things that this series is bringing out that we have to address.

Middle defense.

Rebounding (effort).

Bench has to step up.

Hawks have to step up when Kyle is not having a good game.

Settling for bad shots and bad passes (Schröder).

I applaud DMC--Thealltimegreat and the guys who stepped up last night.  We have to do more in Atlanta.  We have a blowout in us.  As I looked, there were a lot of teams who have gone on to win a championship who struggled in the first round.   I think there's a streak.

I think what we are going through is putting us in the right frame of mind for Washington and Cleveland.

Diesel, this is actually the worst case scenario that is happening to the Hawks.   

The defense is non-existent.  The point guards are inefficient.  Korver is inefficient.  And we've given a team that has no business having any chance of winning the series, all the chance in the world to pull it off.

And while I agree that the odds of Deron having another game like that is slim, the flip side is that the odds of Joe Johnson possibly having a game like that, grows with every passing game.   Once he has his game, it's all about which team can prevail in Game 7 ( because I do believe that this series is now going 7 games ).  Hopefully JJ doesn't decide to have his game then.

On the flip side, who is going to have a Deron like game for us?  Who is going to carry this team?  The Nets have 3 guys who can potentially do it, no matter how inconsistent they are.

The Hawks?  how is going to do it for the Hawks?

I do believe that we'll win the series.  But it may have to go down like the Milwaukee series in 2010 did, with us possibly having to win the final 2 games to advance.