• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What caused Hawks to lost game 3 and game 4? Also, what adjustments Hawks need to do to win game 5 and the series? (Share your opinions or thoughts)

Spursfanpeacemaker

What caused  the Hawks to lose game 3 and game 4 against the Nets in Brooklyn?

Is it weak team mentality, lack of confidence, turnovers, poor coaching, lack of competiveness, No Thabo, Lack of discipline, lack of focus, not taking care of the ball, not taking every posession important , not executing enough, poor performance by bench or the Nets just outplayed and figured out a way to beat the Hawks?

Also, What adjustments hawks need to do in game 5 and throughout the series?

-My thoughts, I believed that Hawks mentality became weaker after they lost in game 3, and Nets took away their confidence. It reminded me of Spurs vs Thunder in 2012 west semi finals playoffs, Spurs beat Thunder 2-0 in spurs homecourt then after that, Thunder won 4 straight and beat the Spurs. I hope that does not happen to the hawks in this series.

- About adjustments... I think Hawks just need to regroup, play with sense of urgency, play smarter, take care of the ball, take every posession really important, play it simple, execute, set screens and find open man. Don't force too many shots.. limit turnovers and communicate on the defensive end, rotate quick when Nets doing their switches and pick and rolls.

What do you guys think? Feel free to you share your thoughts.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

• Premium Member

You forgot to add "Bud is letting the refs do what they want."

Aside from that, I think @yungsta is right. bud needs to shorten the rotation. So many lost games due to resting players, and for what? Does he want to keep resting players, thinking we will somwhow get out of this situation easily. I doubt it.

I want to see EVERY starter play 35+ minutes tonight, unless we have a 25+ point lead going into the 4th.

• Like 1

The bench has absolutely sucked.....We are use to having our bench outplay their bench so that we were at worst the same when the starters came back in during the regular season.

In this series (and all play-off series to come) the bench plays much less, so our bench has to play against other starters...they cant or at least haven't performed.  I hope Bud shortens the rotation or at least uses BKN's rotation to guide his.

• Premium Member

When we were hot, we managed to keep a decent buffer and we cruised.  These guys are not creating space and it's allowing Brooklyn to hang around.  These close games and the playoff atmosphere are just magnifying the bad calls, turnovers, and sloppy execution. Brooklyn isn't playing great ball.  They're just managing to keep within striking distance and we are coming up short on key plays.

the Hawks are just getting out hustled through stretches of the games. I dont know if its the quick whistles have taken their agression away or the fact that its just a bad matchup for the Hawks. But The Nets are challenging the outside and daring the Hawks to put it on the floor and go into the teeth of the defense and the result is Atlanta missing an ungodly amount of layups  .