• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 1 (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

I'm not sure the absence of penetration was the problem.  Making layups and tip-ins needs serious attention though.

I hear you.  It felt like there were a lot of near-misses in the 2nd half.  Shot that typically fall were just rolling off the rim.

The Rockets getting drubbed by the CP3-less Clippers makes me feel much better. The Bulls should sweep Cleveland, no surprise there. This is the time where our disrespect in the media serves us well.

They'll over-analyze and criticize those two teams losing their opener at home much more than us. I saw more praise for John Wall than the obvious shooting criticisms of the Hawks, and that's how it should be. He was outstanding, different than earlier in the year.

Edited by benhillboy

The Rockets getting drubbed by the CP3-less Clippers makes me feel much better. The Bulls should sweep Cleveland, no surprise there. This is the time where our disrespect in the media serves us well.

They'll over-analyze and criticize those two teams losing their opener at home much more than us. I saw more praise for John Wall than the obvious shooting criticisms of the Hawks, and that's how it should be. He was outstanding, different than earlier in the year.

Why does it makes you feel better? It simply proves that those home teams were vulnerable, or overlooked their opponent.

If the Hawks, Rockets, and Cavs lose Game 2, they're toast in their respective series.

Some Hawks fans act like because we beat them in the regular season, that the rest of the series should be a cakewalk. Like the Wiz are just going to roll over and die for us.

The pressure in Game 2 isn't on them .... it's on US.

Why does it makes you feel better? It simply proves that those home teams were vulnerable, or overlooked their opponent.

If the Hawks, Rockets, and Cavs lose Game 2, they're toast in their respective series.

Some Hawks fans act like because we beat them in the regular season, that the rest of the series should be a cakewalk. Like the Wiz are just going to roll over and die for us.

The pressure in Game 2 isn't on them .... it's on US.

nobodys denying that there isn't pressure on the Hawks.  IMO I'm seeing his post as a means to not overreact(like many on this board do) The better team loses lots of times.  In the case of game 1, yeah that happened.  The better team shouldn't lose the series so I'd think the Hawks get their act together

• Like 1

• Moderators

We were #5 in the league in second half points at 51 per game.   We scored only 35 in game one and lost by 6 points.   If the Wiz think they have us figured out based on game one then I'm extremely happy.

• Like 1

• Moderators

One incorrect call in the last two minutes according to the NBA.  Lucky it was this non-pivotal alley-oop to put the wiz up 6 with 20 seconds left.   I've only looked at a few of these reports but it seems like we've been on the wrong end of the incorrect calls.

Q4 00:16.2 Foul: Offensive Marcin Gortat Al Horford INC RATR shows that Gortat (WAS) dislodges Horford (ATL) from behind prior to the pass being thrown and affects his ability to defend the alley-oop

http://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0041400201&eventNum=1247